London 2012 Tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

dodgy coverage by 9. Feel like someone else has a remote control in their hands and flicking through the channels. Thats my jobs ffs..

Great job Lleyton, you kind of felt that he had to win that in 2 if he was any chance, just an incredible effort, hope he can bring that form for the rest of the season (and staying fit obivously)

Good effort Lleyton, just goes to show what match practice can do for you. Anyway, would love to watch the mixed, but I have to wake up soonish so I'd best be off.

Good effort Lleyton, just goes to show what match practice can do for you. Anyway, would love to watch the mixed, but I have to wake up soonish so I'd best be off.

Was definitely like the Lleyton of old in the 1st set (i missed the 2nd set) out there.

Andy Murray struggled in the 1st set but steamrolling Baghdatis at the moment. Won 8 games on the spin now, 6-1 2nd set and 2-0 up in the 3rd.

Great effort by Hewitt. Won the first set and then was so close to taking the second into a tie breaker where anything could have happened. Djoker moving on. Murray still alive, Fed doing the business. Should be interesting.

Oh and Hewitt and Stosur got through their first round in the mixed doubles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it is, and therefore we want to see it.
The biggest problem for those relying on the Channel 9 coverage (and i do pity them) is that they are caught between a rock and a hard place. They are only allowed to broadcast on their main channel. If they were allowed to use any or all of GEM, GO & the other one filled with ads selling ab machines, it would help no end. Unfortunately they can't and they are trying to show as many events containing Australians as possible, with particular focus on the ones where we might win medals, thus tennis misses out.

Don't understand why people are complaining about the coverage, tennis shouldn't even be an olympic sport
Your opinion to which you're entitled but it doesn't account for much. Be interested to know what other sports/events that you feel 'shouldn't even be an olympic sport'.

Your opinion to which you're entitled but it doesn't account for much. Be interested to know what other sports/events that you feel 'shouldn't even be an olympic sport'.
For the record, I've stated elsewhere that both Basketball and Football should be also removed.

Sports that should be included are only sports were winning Olympic gold is clearly the pinacle of the sport.
Tennis has the four Grand Slam events
Football has World Cup, even the major continental championship rate above the Olympics
Basketball has American NBA.

Tennis has its own dedicated channel in the US. NBC won't show the swimming or athletics finals live on cable, but they will show tennis (on another channel, Bravo) from 6am till 2pm every day.

For the record, I've stated elsewhere that both Basketball and Football should be also removed.

Sports that should be included are only sports were winning Olympic gold is clearly the pinacle of the sport.
Tennis has the four Grand Slam events
Football has World Cup, even the major continental championship rate above the Olympics
Basketball has American NBA.

Each of those sports that you have mentioned, and I agree, have full time professional players and are heavily commercialized. How much does that factor influence your opinion

Aussies are a huge shot at gold in the mixed surely.
Sam plays like a man anyway and is a gun, her huge weakness in in between her ears, Lleytons strength.
Reckon he'll get the best out of her.

Love to see Spewy get a medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back