Lucky, lucky asylum seekers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure if you're aware but Australia is a substantially large country.

btw not a shred of compassion/hint of empathy or semblance/trace of a clue.

Not if Krudd won't build dams or power stations

Most people have sympathy for real refugees, the ones that arrive by boat generally are not real refugees

You missed a good quote from that article;

And plane people are much less likely than boat people to be genuine refugees, with only about 40-60 per cent granted protection visas, compared with 85-90 per cent of boat people who are found to be genuine refugees.

Leaving aside, once again, the fact that seeking asylum is NOT illegal...

I just don't particularly like people talking about groups of other human beings as though they're somehow not worthy of the same humanity as everyone else.

And aside from that, you've made a lot of sweeping and hysterical statements about these people so far which have no basis in fact at all. Not a skerrick of evidence.

your about the only arrogant person on this thread.

the way your carrying on it sounds like you support these boat people. perhaps you are a former boat person. you seem not to care too much about the government giving housing and money to these unlawful immigrants. i believe in look after ourselves first then help others that don't really belong here. Fix australians before fixing the illegals. After all this is our country and these people are invading it.
I was going to bold all the arrogant but realised it'd be the whole thing.

Leaving aside, once again, the fact that seeking asylum is NOT illegal...

Who said it was?

There are ways to go about it and the current "boat people" certainly aren't going about it the right way. Do you disagree? Do you think trying to sneak in through the back door with no identification and holding a Government to ransom is the LEGAL way to do things?

All this talk of our moral obligation etc. yet where is the obligation on these people to at least provide us with some background information, y'know like the genuine asylum seekers who go through the proper channels and then get usurped by a bunch of ILLEGALS who threaten to drown themselves if we don't take them in immediately?! Oh but the majority of Australians who don't want to cave into this ridiculous ransom request are just racist and wouldn't care if they were a boatload of white people right? That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. You really have made a fool out of yourself in this thread, but y'know, maintain the rage and all that... :rolleyes:

Who said it was?

sneak in through the back door with no identification and holding a Government to ransom

usurped by a bunch of ILLEGALS who threaten to drown themselves if we don't take them in immediately?!

Hysterical - and contradictory - comments quoted for the purpose of highlighting... the quality of thought from some folks ain't exactly very mature or well considered, it seems...

You missed a good quote from that article;

So I did. I think it needs to be repeated for the benefit of the poster above

And plane people are much less likely than boat people to be genuine refugees, with only about 40-60 per cent granted protection visas, compared with 85-90 per cent of boat people who are found to be genuine refugees.

Where's your tabloid outrage, crumpler?

your about the only arrogant person

Well I guess this is a better tactic for you than actually trying to discuss anything real or factual eh? Maybe you should try another form of ad hominem bollox though - because you trying to call me arrogant seems a bit like John Elliott accusing someone else of corruption... :rolleyes:

Well I guess this is a better tactic for you than actually trying to discuss anything real or factual eh? Maybe you should try another form of ad hominem bollox though - because you trying to call me arrogant seems a bit like John Elliott accusing someone else of corruption... :rolleyes:

actually after that comment i shall add stupid to arrogant.

Hysterical - and contradictory - comments quoted for the purpose of highlighting... the quality of thought from some folks ain't exactly very mature or well considered, it seems...

Ahh ok ,don't address my post, just go on one of your "ad hominem" attacks that you've been accusing others of doing to you. We get it mate, you can't rationally argue the point so you go on to some emotional rant, that is the tool of the person who would rather stifle debate, well done.

In case you're too dense to realise what I was getting at (actually you are too dense to really comprehend anything so scratch the in case bit) you highlighting my post shows how incredibly stupid you really are.

I acknowledge that there are GENUINE asylum seekers (has your pea brain processed that yet?) who do actually go through the correct channels that refugee's are supposed to go through to acquire safe asylum, yet what we are seeing with the "boat people" is an epidemic of ILLEGAL asylum seekers. It's not that hard to figure out without getting too hysterical mate, we have borders for a reason.

The people holding our government to ransom are in fact ILLEGAL ASYLUM SEEKERS, understand this and you may gain a greater perspective of the situation. Also understand that there are a hell of a lot of refugee's who are seeking asylum that are being continually pushed down the waiting list because of the ILLEGAL asylum seekers who decide that they are above the natural process that so many others are forced to go through, y'know like the skilled university grads who have so much trouble and have to wait up to 5 years to get here. I notice you just let that one through to the keeper. Come on, Mr. Compassion, what about the refugee's who have been waiting for years to get here and are still being left in the cold? What about them? Don't they matter?

Try actually addressing my points next time eh? Nah that's not how to conduct a moral grandstanding argument now is it?

So I did. I think it needs to be repeated for the benefit of the poster above

Where's your tabloid outrage, crumpler?

Tabloid outrage? What the hell are you talking about? Where is the tabloid outrage in my first post? What is tabloid about it? Have you actually got anything meaningful to contirbute to the discussion or not?

Ahh ok, don't address my post

I DID address your point, factually incorrect as it is, again.

Boatpeople seeking asylum is no more "illegal" than for anyone else to seek asylum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the tabloid rage in my first post?

I believe the tabloid rage is when you shriek absurdly about boatpeople "holding the Government to ransom" and use the word "illegal" over and over in large capital letters, make ludicrous claims about an "epidemic", propagate unbacked stories about other refugees supposedly being impinged upon, and invent phony claims about the people aboard the Oceanic Viking "threatening to drown themselves", amongst other things.

I DID address your point, factually incorrect as it is, again.

Boatpeople seeking asylum is no more "illegal" than for anyone else to seek asylum.

Errr yes it is mate, as I said earleir there are processes that all asylum seekers are supposed follow, the latest boatload are not following these processes and are expecting to be granted instant asylum, hence the reason for me calling them illegal immigrants to highlight the difference between them and refugee's who are going through the correct channels. It's not that hard to figure out is it?

Why do we have border patrols then? What is the point of protecting our borders if, as you say "boatpeople seeking asylum is no more "illegal" than for anyone else to seek asylum."?

Well no, because you calling someone stupid in this debate is about as hilarious as you calling someone arrogant.

you keep saying its not illegal to seek aslyum . that is true providing its seeked in a legal way. these cue jumping boat people are entering australian waters unlawfully .how does that constitute them not being illegals. they already broke the law by coming here without going thru the proper channels. in all honesty they should suffer the same fate as any other immigrant that comes here illegially. if they had of arrived at the airport without a visa chances are they would be deported. When someone tries to gain entry into australia illegally thru the airports they cop a 3 year ban from this country. i believe thats how these cue jumpers should be dealt. ban them for 3 years from applying for a visa to this country. In the end of the day they aint our problem. There the problem of the country they come from.

I believe the tabloid rage is when you shriek absurdly about boatpeople "holding the Government to ransom" and use the word "illegal" over and over in large capital letters, make ludicrous claims about an "epidemic", propagate unbacked stories about other refugees supposedly being impinged upon, and invent phony claims about the people aboard the Oceanic Viking "threatening to drown themselves", amongst other things.

Haha so holing up for what, 4 weeks on the Oceanic Viking and demanding to be let into Australia isn't holding a government to ransom?

As I've already pointed out, they are illegal immigrants, just because YOU don't like the rules it doesn't change a thing because in the eyes of the law they are indeed illegal immigrants. By the way another boat washed up today, it may not be an epidemic now but why the sudden spike in all the boatpeople then?

And yes, there was no note written by the people onboard which alluded to the fact that they "would end their lives at sea" if not taken in by Australia was there? For someone who professes to know so much about this situation it seems like you omit a tonne of information, or maybe you just block out the stuff that you don't like hearing because it may cheapen your viewpoint. I don't know but you are definitely living in an alternate fantasy land type universe.

you keep saying its not illegal to seek aslyum . that is true providing its seeked in a legal way. these cue jumping boat people are entering australian waters unlawfully .how does that constitute them not being illegals. they already broke the law by coming here without going thru the proper channels. in all honesty they should suffer the same fate as any other immigrant that comes here illegially. if they had of arrived at the airport without a visa chances are they would be deported. When someone tries to gain entry into australia illegally thru the airports they cop a 3 year ban from this country. i believe thats how these cue jumpers should be dealt. ban them for 3 years from applying for a visa to this country. In the end of the day they aint our problem. There the problem of the country they come from.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/labor-charged-with-mistreating-boat-people-20091023-hdc9.html
''Asylum seekers should not be penalised because of their method of arrival,'' she said. ''The excision and offshore processing regime establishes a two-tiered system.''
The penalising of people who arrive by boat violates Australia's international obligations.
Hope this is clear. Once again, not illegal to seek asylum.

As I've already pointed out, they are illegal immigrants, just because YOU don't like the rules it doesn't change a thing because in the eyes of the law they are indeed illegal immigrants.

You mind explaining just how a group of people consisting of some who already have refugee status, and others who wish to apply for asylum, are somehow "illegal immigrants", Crumpler?

Stop inventing stuff, it's not working for you.... and turning around and trying to make out that I'm the one doing that is just plain childish.

In the 26 pages of this thread, the above is probably the worst post so far. You'd have to be close to being the least factual poster on this thread.
I will give you points for your dogged determination though and I respect your opinion but your posting to support it has been s**t.
And we get it already Wona, you know what ad hominem means. Congratulations.

In the 26 pages of this thread, the above is probably the worst post so far

Quoted for extreme irony... not exactly your finest moment Herne. Didn't think you'd actually try to back MM in the fantastical claims and extremist rhetoric he's been going on with.

And we get it already Wona, you know what ad hominem means

Funny that, what with those tactics continually being used by certain people right throughout this thread and all... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back