Maccas Monopoly

Remove this Banner Ad

It must be pretty successful, still remember the buzz around McMonopoly in the late 90s as a kid

As per recent documentary McMillions, in 1995-2000 a fraud ring netted almost all the US prizes. $24 Million. 53 ultimately indicted in connection to the crime. Trial started on 9/10 2001 and was obviously overshadowed in the press.

I remember being a kid and badly wanting a play station, got two tokens but probably had no chance.

I kinda used to like it but now to get any of the minor prizes you basically need to use the friggin app. Companies wanting you to download their app piss me off.

The non-food instant win prizes are getting worse too, like $30 at some online store if you spend $150 on full priced stuff. Better off just waiting for a sale.

There was something more satisfying with the hands on approach.

I kinda used to like it but now to get any of the minor prizes you basically need to use the friggin app. Companies wanting you to download their app piss me off.

Your personal information for a small fries :drunk:

On the radio they have a promotion where they are giving away a million. They want you to download the app and register. How many companies do you reckon they need to sell your personal details to for them (or the promoter) to recoup the million. I'm tipping you would be getting spam email / sales calls out the arse for a long time.

I remember being a kid and badly wanting a play station, got two tokens but probably had no chance.
Yeah in the 90s those freebie competitions were so tantalising and enchanting for a kid. Paddle pops, cereal boxes, Kinder surprise/Yowie, collectible card games. It was a time when the internet was still in its infancy, smart phones were a long way away, and those physical items were so covetable. During the first and second Monopoly promotions I experienced, I definitely went to Maccas more often, and if offered a trip to a fast food joint, you'd pick Maccas over the others purely because of the tokens.

Your personal information for a small fries :drunk:

On the radio they have a promotion where they are giving away a million. They want you to download the app and register. How many companies do you reckon they need to sell your personal details to for them (or the promoter) to recoup the million. I'm tipping you would be getting spam email / sales calls out the arse for a long time.
Yeah the free* stuff nowadays you kind of have to laugh at the thought of how they recoup. The app stuff turns me off too. Unless you're a regular then no thanks, offputting to people like me who maybe want to go once in a blue moon but all the deals involve conceding privacy. If you want to just rock up, cash in hand, you are kind of made to feel like a dolt who didn't make a reservation or missed out on preorder incentives. Understandable as a business model in the digital world, but feels more excluding to the non-regular customer.

Yeah in the 90s those freebie competitions were so tantalising and enchanting for a kid. Paddle pops, cereal boxes, Kinder surprise/Yowie, collectible card games. It was a time when the internet was still in its infancy, smart phones were a long way away, and those physical items were so covetable. During the first and second Monopoly promotions I experienced, I definitely went to Maccas more often, and if offered a trip to a fast food joint, you'd pick Maccas over the others purely because of the tokens.
Forgot about the paddle pop competitions was it like something like collecting a bunch of sticks to spell out you won. Tazos in chips and cards with wizz fizz. This comes to mind kutf1lxckl901.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back