Madden 07 Superstar Mode: QB Rory Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

My names Rory Smith and I’m QB fresh out of the University of Nebraska and I was picked up by the Washington Redskins in the draft. I was pretty happy to be drafted by the Skins, have a good offense to work with and the defense inst too shabby, seeing as I could have ended up with the Browns or a dud team like that so I was grateful. My overall rating is 82 and I'm the starting QB ahead of Mark Brunell for the upcoming season. Hopefully we will make the playoffs but the NFC East is a hard division with Philly, Dallas and NY to compete against.

Preseason:
I was able to raise my overall rating from 82 to 84 consolidating my positions ahead of Brunell. The team went 1-4 and I was only playing half a game at QB with Brunell taking over after the half.

Week 1
The season opener and we host the Vikings. A loss final score 10-6. The whole game was a defensive struggle but it was a game we weren’t expected to lose. Disappointing that the we didn’t score a TD. The passing and running game didn’t get going at all. Rory Smith struggled in his first regular season game.

Completed passes: 13/25
Yards: 153
TD: 0
INT: 1
QB Rating: 54

Week 2
Week 2 sees us head to Dallas to face our fiercest rivals. It’s a must win game. Again the team goes down this time, this time 16-8. We score a TD in the dying seconds and make the 2 point conversion but by then all is lost. Another dissipating game with the defense, to their credit holding up. The offense again struggled and the only TD comes via a Clinton Portis run. Were now 0-2 and things aren’t looking as good as first expected. QB Rory Smith puts in another shocking display.

Completed passes: 7/20
Yards: 73
INT: 0
QB Rating: 46

Week 3
Week 3 and were back to Texas this time to face Houston. This is the game that should see us post our first W for the season. The Texans ruin the party though upsetting the Skins 14-9. The offense is really becoming a problem yet again failing to score a TD with pressure mounting on QB Rory Smith to hold his place in the side. The only thing making this team look respectable at the moment is the defense. The Skins now slip to 0-3 and it already looks like our playoff hopes have all but vanished.

Completed passes: 10/28
Yards: 147
INT: 1
QB Rating: 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Back