Magarey Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont count out Salim Hassan Westies has won a lot of games and he really shows out. He will probably be in the top 5 but probably will not win it.

Can some of you tell me what the form of Brett Backwell is like at the moment and during the season? Carlton are interested in getting him back, I've heard he's been playing well, can anyone confirm it? Cheers

Originally posted by Bluemike
Can some of you tell me what the form of Brett Backwell is like at the moment and during the season? Carlton are interested in getting him back, I've heard he's been playing well, can anyone confirm it? Cheers

By all reports he has been very good and would also be in with a chance of the Magarey

Eagles players always get ripped off so Cicky and Skippy will no doubt come second behind bloody Ebert.

O'Loughlin may take some votes off him though.

So could we see the medal shared by two players from the same club for the thrid time!!!

If Brett Ebert did win the Magarey would that be the first father-son double (admittedly between them Russell and Brett already have four ... ;) )

Skipworth didn't play well enough earlier in the season to get enough votes to win it. He was great from 10-19, which is where he'll get his big votes. Cica'll poll well, but won't win it.

Originally posted by Bluemike
He has been awful. Consistently playing out wide, not prepared to put his body into contests. Plays for himself, not for the team. He'll poll a few Magarey votes, but only because of the low standard of his teammates. If Carlton wants this guy, then things must really be in a bad way at Princes Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Arnott was having a great year till he missed quite a few with the quad. Could make a huge difference. Bello has come into great form and could get a few BOG's. A smoky would be Paul Thomas.

Interesting comments re Backwell!

IMO he has been playing pretty darn well and will catch the umpires eye...but playing for a team thats 2nd bottom wont help his chances. If he played for Central he might well go close but cant see him polling well. That aside, his form has been pretty good.

Michael Davis will poll well too, forgot him but Hall might take a few from him.

Ricky O'Loughlin will also poll well early on.

Best ruckman? Id go with Bradley then Parry.

Arnott will poll very well to start with but cos he got injured he wont win it.

Originally posted by sapaul
Cicolella/Skipworth-tie.

Not happy Fox Footy are showing the Sandover Medal but not the Magarey.:mad:

I think you will find that is because ABC (which has the deal with FFC) is telecasting the WA medal but not the Magarey. Interesting that there doesnt appear to be any coverage of the SANFL or WAFL finals on FFC this year. (Well there has been no mention of it). I checked the TV guide on the Foxtel website and it only goes up until September 11.

Magarey tip - I think Skipworth from Backwell then Ebert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back