Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My cousin is an osteo (ie the ones who think they’re doctors, without doing an MD) and is strongly opposed. Worse, because he has a qualification with the word “health” in it, he is not exactly going to listen to anyone.
I know a couple.

Both were already anti-Labour, watch SkyNews, pro-Trump, members of the 'Concerned Citizens' Facebook group etc.

So once you're in that realm of the social media algorithms, anti-lockdown and anti-Dan Andrews was all you were exposed to intially. And as a result, they've been led further and further down the conspiracy, freedom fighting, anti-COVID rabbit hole ever since.

This is why I deride the cut and paste brigade. It's just so painfully obvious where they're getting their information from. It's all word for word regurgitated from the same sources.
It's like some dude in his mum's basement does a Bruce Francis and finds some nugget somewhere in the internet or comes up with a catchy line and issues a right-wing press release or something.
Then bang! You hear it regurgitated as gospel from these people, word for word, all over the place.
And each time, they present it to you like it's some groundbreaking piece of news that will blow your mind and change your perspective on things forever.

It's actually quite exhausting

My wife has got a friend that was already on the alternative medicine bandwagon. The irony is her family always seem to be sick whereas we always seem to be fine. She always notes "Now I know you don't believe in homeopathy, reiki, numerology, etc" which is spot on. I don't. She also seems to be forking over a huge amount of cash to these practitioners.

The other person is my mother-in-law (and all Vegas jokes aside) we've been trying to get her to see the light to no avail. She's nuts anyways - she believes the government flies helicopters to her house to watch her (and that's just the tip of the iceberg) but she won't budge. She's happy for us to get vaccinated and thinks that will protect her - we've noted that it may to a certain extent but we can still get it and pass it on. And once we open up, the virus will circulate pretty hard through the community. And with her current state of health, I reckon even a mild case would probably do her in. Her solution is we stay in lockdown for all perpetuity.

Ah well, it's their choices, they'll have to live by them.

I wonder how many of those who are adamantly against vaccination are really against it, or just beyond fed up by the government's handling of it. And you can pick your team, in one corner against Morrison if they're left leaning, because he's.......something, or against Andrews, because he wants to create a Communist state or something like that. Neither are anywhere near as bad as the extremes suggest, but both levels of government have made cockups, mostly because that's what governments do. So the way to show your against "them" (whoever "them" is), is not get vaccinated.

It's possible to not be totally thrilled with how the government has handled it, and still realise statistically (and in reality) vaccines are incredibly safe.

For those in favour of mandatory vaccines , what is the earliest age group you’d like to see be vaccinated?
no-one on here is qualified to answer that. that you even think its a question to ask here shows you're willing to talk out of your arse about things you know nothing about.

the correct answer is, the age group recommended by the medical scientific professionals.

Last edited:
My wife has got a friend that was already on the alternative medicine bandwagon. The irony is her family always seem to be sick whereas we always seem to be fine. She always notes "Now I know you don't believe in homeopathy, reiki, numerology, etc" which is spot on. I don't. She also seems to be forking over a huge amount of cash to these practitioners.

The other person is my mother-in-law (and all Vegas jokes aside) we've been trying to get her to see the light to no avail. She's nuts anyways - she believes the government flies helicopters to her house to watch her (and that's just the tip of the iceberg) but she won't budge. She's happy for us to get vaccinated and thinks that will protect her - we've noted that it may to a certain extent but we can still get it and pass it on. And once we open up, the virus will circulate pretty hard through the community. And with her current state of health, I reckon even a mild case would probably do her in. Her solution is we stay in lockdown for all perpetuity.

Ah well, it's their choices, they'll have to live by them.
lol, alternative medicine. no different to alternative facts. watch tim minchin's 'storm' skit if you want a laugh. a couple of choice quotes:
“You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? - Medicine.”
"Before I came to tea, I took a remedy derived from the bark of a willow tree, A painkiller that's virtually side-effect free. It's got a weird name, Darling, what was it again? M-masprin? Basprin? Oh yeah! Asprin!"
"Water has memory! And while it's memory of a long lost drop of onion juice seems Infinite, It somehow forgets all the poo it's had in it!"

fukn lunatics.

To suggest that it’s selfish (and I am very much jabbed up) is probably to misrepresent motive. I suspect it is more so that people who consciously choose not to get vaccinated do so out of fear and a mistaken belief that it will lead to worse health outcomes.

I know of a teacher in Victoria who isn’t getting vaccinated. I also know this person has injected substances into herself that she bought off the Internet because she thought it would make her lose weight and, another time, get a tan.

As the world slowly grinds towards coerced/mandatory vaccinations, I thought it relevant to have some discussion on the small percentage of the population for whom such vaccinations are genuinely medically dangerous.
Both myself and my daughter have written vaccination "exemptions" from doctors stating it is medically dangerous for us to have any vaccinations at all. There is a family history unfortunately that included rare blood clotting reaction to vaccination that caused my daughter to have a stroke, ordered Health department isolation for family after "full blown" development of Measles after Vaccination and anaphylaxis response. Basically our immune systems seem to have very unpredictable responses.
Before anyone jumps to conclusions I should add that I am Pro vaccination and we had our daughter vaccinated knowing there was some risk, a decision I will never get over.
I am well aware of vaccinations role through history and now. What does concern me however is the growing calls to effectively force people to have their bodies injected with mandated substances by denying them rights to areas of society unless they agree to be jabbed. I really feel this is a slippery slope for society. What might the next mandated/coerced substances be?
How do people think these individuals for whom it is genuinely dangerous can be accommodated, assuming the world continues further down a coerced/mandated path?
Legitimate medical exemptions are rare, but in those cases of course they should have the full rights of a vaccinated person.

For those who can have the vaccine, it's still a choice. However your choice comes with consequences.
I cannot get in to a nightclub in the CBD wearing thongs and a singlet, I cannot get on an aeroplane naked, I cannot enter certain venues or do certain tasks drunk or under the influence of drugs. These are conditions put in place as a collective society on what is acceptable or safe.

Likewise, choose not to get a vaccine without a legitimate reason, and be prepared to accept whatever consequences there may be that accompany your choice.

I know of a teacher in Victoria who isn’t getting vaccinated. I also know this person has injected substances into herself that she bought off the Internet because she thought it would make her lose weight and, another time, get a tan.
it was probably a 'naturally occurring substance' though which makes it safe. you know, like other naturally occurring (and organic) things like ricen, cyanide, sulfuric acid, boccilism,

Similarly with people willing to have a crack with something cooked in a bikie’s bathtub

80% first dose in Victoria today.

Looking forward to things getting back to normal soon. Whoever is still unvaccinated by November can gamble with their lives or hide in their basement.
Gamble with their lives?? Sorry what’s the survival rate of Covid?? Isn’t it above 99%?
You have more of a chance dying in a car accident or being hit by a car that dying from Covid.
The media have struck fear into everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gamble with their lives?? Sorry what’s the survival rate of Covid?? Isn’t it above 99%?
You have more of a chance dying in a car accident or being hit by a car that dying from Covid.
Have a look at the US. Do you think 600k people have died in car accidents last year?

All this is doing is dividing the population.
People on Facebook saying “if you don’t agree with the vaccine then unfriend me”
Wtf is up with that.

The world has literally gone completely mad.

You lost me at Facebook.

But FWIW, I don't deride the not agreeing with the vaccine thing (or any opinion really for that matter) - it's how they arrived at that decision that often changes my view on a person.

And unfortunately, most that are anti-vax and anti-Dan and anti-COVID and everything else seemed to come to their opinion the same way.

Does the rights of the individual overwrites the responsibility of the individual?
When that responsibility does not cause harm to others, yes it does.

It's basic harm principle stuff.

You can pass on the virus when vaccinated. You can get sick from the virus when vaccinated. Therefore, vaccinated vs nonvaccinated is no different from a harm-principle perspective. You can argue the degree of each but I argue that would be disingenuous.

You lost me at Facebook.

But FWIW, I don't deride the not agreeing with the vaccine thing (or any opinion really for that matter) - it's how they arrived at that decision that often changes my view on a person.

And unfortunately, most that are anti-vax and anti-Dan and anti-COVID and everything else seemed to come to their opinion the same way.
I don’t get why people are called anti vax if they don’t want the vaccine?
I’m personally not against people getting it I just don’t want it myself.
It’s about choice.

I don’t get why people are called anti vax if they don’t want the vaccine?
I’m personally not against people getting it I just don’t want it myself.
It’s about choice.

It's called anti-vax because they're anti Vax.

The term anti-vax has obviously expanded beyond the traditional definition.

As I said though, I'm less inclined to judge people on the decision itself, but instead moreso the reasoning behind it.

The list of justifications for not wanting to get the Vax is getting smaller and smaller, which in turn is heavily reducing the anti Vax sentiment.

Most of the reasons I personally felt were fair enough have disappated and as a result I've seen more and more people that I know getting jabbed.

Aside from genuine medical reasons, the list of reasons remaining are pretty much somewhere between very flimsy, and straight up conspiracy theory dog s**t.

Cool then don't get vaccinated. I don't care. Live under that rock.

Last edited:
Love that word "apparently"
What does big orange man
Have to do with anything anyway
The 'apparently' was in relation to Trump trying to save the world for us. I can't say it's a fact, cause it seems far fetched and frankly, completely at odds with everything that Trump actually stands for.

The 'yes' part was in response to your question as to whether Trump is the self-proclaimed "Father of the Vaccine". Yes, he is. That's what he has stated himself.

When that responsibility does not cause harm to others, yes it does.

It's basic harm principle stuff.

You can pass on the virus when vaccinated. You can get sick from the virus when vaccinated. Therefore, vaccinated vs nonvaccinated is no different from a harm-principle perspective. You can argue the degree of each but I argue that would be disingenuous.

So I assume you never wear seat belts then?

"You can die when wearing seat belts and you can die when not wearing them....you can argue the degree of each but it's no different"

Back