Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

80% first dose in Victoria today.

Looking forward to things getting back to normal soon. Whoever is still unvaccinated by November can gamble with their lives or hide in their basement.
Why hide in the basement im not joe biden

Last edited:
You have to. It's mandated that if you want to get in a car, you have to wear one. It's mandated for your own safety. Like heaps of other sh*t in life.

It's mandated that you must wear a seat belt, to stop you from getting killed. To stop you needing tax payer funded hospital care, and to prevent some poor f***er from the trauma of scraping your brain off the road after the accident.

Stuff has been mandated by governments and workplaces for 100s of years to protect people.
is it mandatory to wear a seat belt to stop you from getting killed?? Or is it mandatory to wear a seat belt, that it may get you killed

It won’t be a rock, but I think that it’s likely that you won’t be able to do things like go to an indoor restaurant, visit a loved one in a hospital or nursing home or board an aeroplane without a vaccination or a medical exemption.
Just out of curiosity,,have we been allowed to visit loved ones in aged care over the past few weeks

It won’t be a rock, but I think that it’s likely that you won’t be able to do things like go to an indoor restaurant, visit a loved one in a hospital or nursing home or board an aeroplane without a vaccination or a medical exemption.
No no no please not an indoor restaurant
Not an aeroplane
What's the point of living

No no no please not an indoor restaurant
Not an aeroplane
What's the point of living
Well, if you have a loved one who is dying in a hospital and you’re not allowed past the front door, or you have a loved one overseas that you can’t visit, those restrictions would affect you heavily.

It’s mind boggling why you wouldn’t get vaccinated

The hospitalisation split is
4%-96% vax-unvaccinated in hospitals in Victoria atm.

The public split is 44%-56% with the vast majority of the 44% the highest risk groups who generally would end up in hospital.

96% of hospitalisations are coming from 56% of Victorians…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really shouldn't poke arguments by claiming things that some people clearly don't write. This isn't a binary yes/no discussion. Only the extremists (on both sides) make it to be.
The fact that vaccines work and herd immunity is a thing kind of is a 'binary yes/no discussion', though. The answer to both is 'yes'.

To say vaccines are still useful even if they aren't 100% effective is not in any way an 'extremist' position.

Last edited:
I know a few who refuse. All of my close friends got vaccinated as quickly as possible. I dont actually understand the mindset of those who dont. Apparently its a mix of poorly educated and highly educated PhD types who think they are smart but have PhDs in the non-sciences.

I dont know of any STEM types who are opposed to getting vaccinated.

Yes I know a guy who is a well credentialed accounting type. He's gone off his head on the vaccine poison route. Big Pharma etc etc

He comes up with so much internet garbage its amazing. Most of it is pseudo science stuff. One of note was using the figure of 1 in 1400 getting heart inflammation from Vaccine injections. Actual peer reviewed Harvard research suggest your 4 times more likely to get it from Covid than the vaccine. But hey, they all want more research!

They wouldn't know real research if it ran up their back passage. If we ever get another polio epidemic what will they do then?

Like so many of the conspiracy types they just won't see reason.

Yes I know a guy who is a well credentialed accounting type. He's gone off his head on the vaccine poison route. Big Pharma etc etc

He comes up with so much internet garbage its amazing. Most of it is pseudo science stuff. One of note was using the figure of 1 in 1400 getting heart inflammation from Vaccine injections. Actual peer reviewed Harvard research suggest your 4 times more likely to get it from Covid than the vaccine. But hey, they all want more research!

They wouldn't know real research if it ran up their back passage. If we ever get another polio epidemic what will they do then?

Like so many of the conspiracy types they just won't see reason.
But it was 1 in 74000.

The fact that vaccines work and herd immunity is a thing kind of is a 'binary yes/no discussion', though. The answer to both is 'yes'.

To say vaccines are still useful even if they aren't 100% effective is not in any way an 'extremist' position.
I don't think many argue that they aren't useful at all.
I think that the point of view that its about personal choice for their own health is a valid one.
And no one is going to convince others, either way, on a BF blog.

I am late to this discussion but explain to me why the unvaxe

I am new/late to this conversation and I am really appreciating your point of view and the way you are presenting it. It is refreshing and much needed (even more so a month down the track)
I am not understanding the argument that the unvaxed present any additional risk to the vaxed. Being unvaccinated doesn't mean you have covid. The vaxed and unvaxed can both contract Covid - once infected they both contain the same viral load and can both infect others - the differences are that the vaxed are likely to experience lesser or less severe symptoms (so less likely to present to hospital) and the unvaxed, once infected will have a more robust immunity. Am I wrong?
Herd immunity has been explained many times in this thread. People who cannot get vaccinated depend on a high level of vaccination among those who are able to receive it, to help protect themselves.

This is why the 'my body my choice' and 'it's meh freedom' arguments fall down: they are potentially harming others through their actions.

I think that you and your family and your medical conditions would be accomodated?

And really, mandatory vaccines are made to help people in a situation such as yourselves to help protect you whilst you cannot "protect yourself" with a vaccine :)
Can you explain how your having a vaccine that doesn't prevent you being infected with and spreading the virus, protects anyone except you?

That is brilliantly said - I completely agree - am new to this thread and a month in the future - here we are looking at an AFL on the brink of mandating the vaccine for players. As a parent of a potential draftee this year I am feeling disgusted by the asbence of rational thought and the cavalier attitude to the overbearing of free will.

The guy regurgitated literally every single anti-vax talking point in a single post....

"I'm not anti-vaccine, I'm just anti mandatory vaccine"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, I'm just pro freedom"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, I'm just anti this particular vaccine"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but this is a new and different vaccine so it must be harmful"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but vaccines aren't 100% perfect therefore there's no point in getting them"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but the disease is so mild that it's not worth getting vaxxed"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but forcing vaccines on people is a draconian plot by [insert boogeyman here]"

Back