Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This happened in virtually every other country as well where you had to report every adverse reaction even or even report a death even if it wasn't related to the vaccine. By the sounds of it you haven't had to do that yourself?
No deaths (luckily) to report. However have reported a few other things....nothing severe, just a few out of the ordinary things...No myocarditis either :)

In a thread full of insane opinions, worldviews and takeaways this one is without a doubt the most completely mental of the lot.

You’re suggesting that there’s someone who has died in a hospital that while there the doctors have had no idea at all why they are sick and so instead of doing any follow up they just go ‘Eh stick COVID on the death certificate’.

Even if something like this was going to happen (which it never ever will) why would you choose to put the disease which is having every death reported on the news every single day?
No.....they test positive for covid, as the article I linked earlier stated, but they have how many other issues? What exactly killed them? Much like when a person has the flu but dies with their organs shutting down, what is considered the cause of death?

No.....they test positive for covid, as the article I linked earlier stated, but they have how many other issues? What exactly killed them? Much like when a person has the flu but dies with their organs shutting down, what is considered the cause of death?

Last time I checked their can only be one cause of death on a death certificate and the most recent event would be the cause.

In your scenario my "guess" would be the Flu unless the person had a previous medical diagnosis.

But for the covid infection would they have died that day?....
if covid is the antecedent to what caused the death, they died from covid. If covid was the start of the chain of events leading to death, they died from covid.

Last time I checked their can only be one cause of death on a death certificate and the most recent event would be the cause.

In your scenario my "guess" would be the Flu unless the person had a previous medical diagnosis.
What occupation would give you that knowledge?

When you say "schools or institutions" were you honestly including families in that or were you referring to educational facilities. Because I would suggest that 99% of people who read that statement don't think you're referring to the institution of families. I may be wrong in regards to your intention, but I don't think I am in regards to how people would interpret that and what their intentions are when they say a statement like yours. I would also suggest that saying "failure in schools" is going to be taken by teachers as an attack on teachers. Feel free to blame the VCAA or ACARA for odd curriculum choices though, I'd support you there!

In any case, I'm not sure we actually have a "large population" of people who don't have any sort of critical thinking skills. I think we have a representative population of those that haven't been able to develop those critical thinking skills even with the help of the various institutions. Using this thread as an example, there seems to be far more people who are displaying some sort of critical thinking skill as opposed to those that seem to be lacking in that area.

A big problem is the number of people who let emotion guide their thinking too much, and some sort of big issue with pride getting in the way of their ability to be comfortable with being correct. Emotional thinking can be helpful in some situations, but can be detrimental in others... this being one of them.

I absolutely agree with you on the glutton of available information being an issue. The flood of what is available means that many aren't giving each component the time it needs to properly understand it and instead formulate what they think is a well informed position, when really it is not.

Bolded bits

Fair point - although what is taught now isn't the problem manifesting now anyway.
Will agree to disagree here, you have a more positive view of people than I do.

Cheers

But for the covid infection would they have died that day?....
if covid is the antecedent to what caused the death, they died from covid. If covid was the start of the chain of events leading to death, they died from covid.
So with that thinking does flu or cold get listed as cause of death for people dying when their organs shut down?

They test positive and are in hospital. All their other issues haven’t required them to be in hospital until they got sick with COVID. Stands to reason that they died from COVID.

The whole death certificate thing has been explained so clearly and insightfully already.

What occupation would give you that knowledge?

Google search:

In certifying the cause of death only one disease should be indicated as the underlying cause. In deaths involving multiple chronic diseases that are each potentially fatal, the decision about which disease to certify as the underlying cause can be arbitrary (Gorina & Lentzner 2008).

Google search:

In certifying the cause of death only one disease should be indicated as the underlying cause. In deaths involving multiple chronic diseases that are each potentially fatal, the decision about which disease to certify as the underlying cause can be arbitrary (Gorina & Lentzner 2008).

Just to clarify here, an "underlying" cause of death is an antecedent (which is what kingswood71 mentioned before), not the recorded immediate cause of death.

So with that thinking does flu or cold get listed as cause of death for people dying when their organs shut down?

If the flu was part of the chain of events that caused their organs to fail then I would assume that it would be listed as an underlying cause of death (note: not the immediate cause of death... that would be the organ failure). Correct me if I'm wrong, kingswood71.

Last edited:
Just for the record, we teach critical thinking skills at school and have been for some time. Some students just do not take it up. Critical thinking skills are unfortunately somewhat attached to a persons personality, which is heavily influenced by their social and familial relationships. You can learn them, but that doesn't mean you're going to apply that learning on a regular basis. For instance, if someone is easily influenced by others then their critical thinking skills are not going to be as high as those that aren't.

I guess I just get a little offended when we have some sort of social issue arise and the response is "it's an indication of failure in schools". We do our absolute best and our role is only getting more and more complex, with these new responsibilities needing to be achieved in the same number of contact hours with no pay increase attached to it, while still actually needing to teach the actual curriculum. I'd love that narrative to shift a little sometimes to "it's an indication of some parents not doing a great job of parenting". It's always the school's fault, never parental responsibility.

We're going to have a rough decade or two in terms of misinformation, because so many grew up when published information was trusted and not often questioned. So many didn't learn to differentiate between published sources. Most of the kids coming through now are fine and get it, but it's going to take a while for the older folk to catch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to clarify here, an "underlying" cause of death is an antecedent (which is what kingswood71 mentioned before), not the recorded immediate cause of death.

If the flu was part of the chain of events that caused their organs to fail then I would assume that it would be listed as an underlying cause of death (note: not the immediate cause of death... that would be the organ failure). Correct me if I'm wrong, kingswood71.
Multiple organ failure may not be though necessarily....it could be that they died from cardiac arrest, due to hyperkalemia, due to acute renal failure. due to sepsis, due to bacterial pneumonia due to influenza...but thats me been techincal having done many death certs :) And is an example of how i would write that one....
An antecendent is something that contributed directly to what the actual cause of death was...so 5 things I mentioned above before cardiac arrest which was the COD.
When my example gets coded, it would be coded as an influenza death, because it was the antecedent that started teh chain of antecedents that lead to death

Multiple organ failure may not be though necessarily....it could be that they died from cardiac arrest, due to hyperkalemia, due to acute renal failure. due to sepsis, due to bacterial pneumonia due to influenza...but thats me been techincal having done many death certs :) And is an example of how i would write that one....
An antecendent is something that contributed directly to what the actual cause of death was...so 5 things I mentioned above before cardiac arrest which was the COD.
When my example gets coded, it would be coded as an influenza death, because it was the antecedent that started teh chain of antecedents that lead to death
So to simplify it... On a death certificate, you'll have an immediate cause of death, with potentially one or more underlying causes of deaths. If one of those underlying causes is an infectious disease then that is recorded as a death due to the infectious disease for statistical purposes and is what we hear about when yearly influenza (as an example) death numbers are reported.

Is that right?

Just to annoy everyone and cause confusion, this is not necessarily how a coroner would establish cause of death. They may discover that particular antecedent was not the cause of death. Although its rare that doctors get it wrong so it's not normally the case.

So to simplify it... On a death certificate, you'll have an immediate cause of death, with potentially one or more underlying causes of deaths. If one of those underlying causes is an infectious disease then that is recorded as a death due to the infectious disease for statistical purposes and is what we hear about when yearly influenza (as an example) death numbers are reported.

Is that right?

Read above.

If you're not happy with the "cause of death" you can always send the cadaver to a corner, whether that be a government coroner or you pay for it personally.

Is that right?
Kind of...I wouldnt have called the underlying factors "causes", just conditions that were part of the chain that lead to death from whatever they actually died from...
The thing that started the chain that lead to death will be coded as the cause, so influenza if it started it, covid if it started it etc...And yes, it is used for epidemiological purposes. Its how we know how many people died from what and what things were related.

Last edited:
I guess I'll just leave this here.

There's a blog I've long frequented, which is set up to help combat anti-vaxx and other anti-scientific quackery.

The author apparently found this list on an anti-vax site, it's a list of 10 standard talking points that they and their faithful want to promote.

Note the extraordinary similarity of these antivax recommended talking points to all the arguments made by the "I've done my own research" and "I'm not antivax, just anti-mandate" posters.

1637523162515.png

"Vaccine death and injury is way higher than reported and is being covered up!"

"Doctors are being threatened or conspiring in the silence to downplay all the vaccine problems!"

"Vaccines drive and promote new variants!"

"Vaccines are weak and useless and proven do nothing to prevent or help you!"

"Covid's totally overblown you guys, it's only the elderly and obese and sick who are at any risk!"

"Something something 'Freedom' something something 'Open Your Eyes' something something....."

I guess I'll just leave this here.

There's a blog I've long frequented, which is set up to help combat anti-vaxx and other anti-scientific quackery.

The author apparently found this list on an anti-vax site, it's a list of 10 standard talking points that they and their faithful want to promote.

Note the extraordinary similarity of these antivax recommended talking points to all the arguments made by the "I've done my own research" and "I'm not antivax, just anti-mandate" posters.

View attachment 1284876

"Vaccine death and injury is way higher than reported and is being covered up!"

"Doctors are being threatened or conspiring in the silence to downplay all the vaccine problems!"

"Vaccines drive and promote new variants!"

"Vaccines are weak and useless and proven do nothing to prevent or help you!"

"Covid's totally overblown you guys, it's only the elderly and obese and sick who are at any risk!"

"Something something 'Freedom' something something 'Open Your Eyes' something something....."
Number 9 is my favourite
‘If we just ignore it then it will go away’

Kind of...I wouldnt have called the underlying factors "causes", just conditions that were part of the chain that lead to death from whatever they actually died from...
The thing that started the chain that lead to death will be coded as the cause, so influenza if it started it, covid if it started it etc...And yes, it is used for epidemiological purposes. Its how we know how many people died from what and what things were related.
Excellent. Thanks for that. Just trying to get a simplified "Wikipedia" style explanation going for a good cut and paste post as I'm sure this will come up again in this circular covid discussion.

I'm sure there's a bit of confusion around the differences between death cert cause of death and those underlying factors (as they're referred to as causes when you look at many online resources), as well as death cert vs coded CODs.

However the reports are difficult to fill out and not surprising that many doctors or medical professionals would never have had to fill out one before, so headache while a headache could have been a stoke, unless an autopsy was performed with further information, sometimes this is what gets reported
Gee....if doctors would struggle with the reports, imagine how Mr. General Public must feel!
To answer you headache statement. I am not sure if you are aware, but any patient admitted with a headache bad enough to warrant admission would get a CT in ED and likely an MRI later if the headache persisted. If the headache was a CVA, doctors would pick that up fairly fast, even without imaging, because CVA's by definition have neurological signs.
If they died at home with a headache, a doctor would not do a death cert, simply because we dont know what they died from. They would have an autopsy ordered by the coroner because the COD would not be certain.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Just trying to get a simplified "Wikipedia" style explanation going for a good cut and paste post as I'm sure this will come up again in this circular covid discussion.

I'm sure there's a bit of confusion around the differences between death cert cause of death and those underlying factors (as they're referred to as causes when you look at many online resources), as well as death cert vs coded CODs.
Simply: Cause of death on line 1. Thats what they died from. On subsequent lines below the cause of death, the antecedent conditions or diseases that lead to the COD on the first line. There is an area to list other conditions the person had that were related to the COD, but didnt cause it.

Back