Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Over here in Japan people have basically been wearing masks for 2 years. We had our highest spike in numbers while the whole country was masked. Now we have reduced testing and only severe cases are admitted to hospitals our numbers have dropped drastically even with Omicron. Conversely South Korea which mirrors Japan with masking is seeing large numbers infected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was in Japan about 5 years ago, and anyone with a sniffle was wearing a mask.

Are you saying that now, suddenly, people in Japan no longer wear masks?

I don't understand the point you're trying to to make?

Asia has been wearing masks for over 50 years. There are many reasons (pollution, viruses, social reasons, people not wanting to wear make up), I don't think a lot of people realise this.

A quick google can show them though.

Over here in Japan people have basically been wearing masks for 2 years. We had our highest spike in numbers while the whole country was masked.

Going by that I think you may have also had your lowest and middling numbers when the whole country was masked...

Sudden doubling twice over the last 4 days. I suspect Omicron may have just arrived in town.

I was pointing out that our highest case numbers were when we had already been wearing masks for a year. Masking effect is negligible. South Korea numbers are 4 times that of Japan at the present moment and they have much stricter protocols and masking is the same.

Going by that I think you may have also had your lowest and middling numbers when the whole country was masked...

Sudden doubling twice over the last 4 days. I suspect Omicron may have just arrived in town.

Exactly. Masking has little to no effect.

Exactly. Masking has little to no effect.

Cloth masks don't... the N95 masks have shown to have quite a prolific effect on covid spread but are much more uncomfortable and expensive.

Personally never understood a reason for the mask mandate if they weren't going to mandate quality protective measures.

Cloth masks don't... the N95 masks have shown to have quite a prolific effect on covid spread but are much more uncomfortable and expensive.

Personally never understood a reason for the mask mandate if they weren't going to mandate quality protective measures.
Masks are and always have been a psychological tool, to keep people “aware”. And making them mandatory was to make enforcement easier. Sure, they may help in a limited way but as you say, any old piece of cloth will do, even worn incorrectly and not washed or discarded often. Nonetheless they probably now give many a sense of security.

Masks are and always have been a psychological tool, to keep people “aware”. And making them mandatory was to make enforcement easier. Sure, they may help in a limited way but as you say, any old piece of cloth will do, even worn incorrectly and not washed or discarded often. Nonetheless they probably now give many a sense of security.
They're to reduce the chance of you transmitting it to someone else. What they do is reduce the amount and range of your droplet spread They affectively increase the amount of social distancing ( although some of the fabric ones can act as a bit of a sprinkler that sprays it further if they're only single layer.

They're to reduce the chance of you transmitting it to someone else. What they do is reduce the amount and range of your droplet spread They affectively increase the amount of social distancing ( although some of the fabric ones can act as a bit of a sprinkler that sprays it further if they're only single layer.
Yes, theoretically 🙂. Better on than off.

You really think masks have no effect? Did you not see what happened to the numbers here since you guys took them off?

Also in SE Asia for different reasons they will wear masks, but not always. They also are sick of wearing them as well, and there are Asians that don't like to wear them at all.

That said they nearly have all complied during Covid, but then again the risk factor for hospitalisation and treatment here is increased as they have a very little buffer due to poor healthcare.

Many people really don't appreciate how privileged they are here in Australia. The constant complaining about mandates, lockdowns and vaccines is really a testament to that.

You really think masks have no effect? Did you not see what happened to the numbers here since you guys took them off?

Also in SE Asia for different reasons they will wear masks, but not always. They also are sick of wearing them as well, and there are Asians that don't like to wear them at all.

That said they nearly have all complied during Covid, but then again the risk factor for hospitalisation and treatment here is increased as they have a very little buffer due to poor healthcare.

Many people really don't appreciate how privileged they are here in Australia. The constant complaining about mandates, lockdowns and vaccines is really a testament to that.

He seems to regularly hit on anti-vaxx conspiracy theorist talking points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've lived in vietnam for 5 and a half years and the above comment is certainly not the case for the majority here. They wear them more often now, shopping etc but to say they are sick of them wouldnt apply here.

I've lived in vietnam for 5 and a half years and the above comment is certainly not the case for the majority here. They wear them more often now, shopping etc but to say they are sick of them wouldnt apply here.

I lived in Vietnam as well. My ex and my son are Vietnamese. They don't all wear them. It depends who you talk to. Pre-covid how many people in Saigon were wearing them despite how polluted it us?

If people like wearing them they'd wear them all the time, right? I don't necessarily like wearing them either but I wear them when I think it's necessary.

I lived in Vietnam as well. My ex and my son are Vietnamese. They don't all wear them. It depends who you talk to. Pre-covid how many people in Saigon were wearing them despite how polluted it us?

If people like wearing them they'd wear them all the time, right? I don't necessarily like wearing them either but I wear them when I think it's necessary.
Possibly a bit different in the bigger cities, i am in a more regional area. Pre covid, women particularly would always wear a mask when on their motobike ( and often in a car). That would generally stay on when they would enter a shop for example. Not necessarily for health reasons rather why take it off if i have to put it back on again........same applies for helmets.

Of course in these times masks are worn more often but i have heard nothing about them being sick of wearing them.

Not sure this variant is that mild cognitive affects for children.
Not sure schools should return until kids have a chance to be vaccinated what a s**t show from the federal Government again no rapid tests no pcr tests no vaccines no care
They had plenty of time to plan for the opening but are belligerently apathetic to responsibly

Not sure this variant is that mild cognitive affects for children.
Not sure schools should return until kids have a chance to be vaccinated what a sh*t show from the federal Government again no rapid tests no pcr tests no vaccines no care
They had plenty of time to plan for the opening but are belligerently apathetic to responsibly
It's impossible for any kid to have long covid from Omicron yet. And your graph finishes in November... Before it hit the UK. If the stats are legit, it'd be all delta causing that spike.

Last edited:
It's impossible for any kid to have long covid from Omicron yet. And your graph finishes in November... Before it hit the UK. If the stats are legit, it'd be all delta causing that spike.
Not sure about that long covid can be classified as more than 3 weeks
Was first observed in Uk November 27th doubt that was first infection
The science isn’t definitive as far as i can tell whether vaccine and past infection immunity is the reason for lower hospitalisation so far

Back