Manly's new 5/8

• Thread starter Briedis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

B

Briedis

Ms Storm,

I believe Manly's new 5/8 is Julian O'Neill. I can't believe they want that idiot to play for the club....I guess he will make a good combination with Hopoate though!

Just figured it out...thought I'd let you know. I haven't heard anything official, but I am mates with a bloke who is very close to the club. (He would know!)

LOL, just make sure the players don't leave their footy boots outside the dressing shed doors.

On the footy side of things, Briedis, he seems to have pulled his head in a bit, he mightn't be as bad as you think. He still played some reasonable football in a poor side.

I'm back again.....

Hi everyone,
I have been really upset with what has happened in NY and the last thing on my mind was footy...I can't believe how this tragedy has left me feeling so bad....anyone else feel really down in the dumps too??

Anyway Briedis, I think you did say the new player's name commenced with 'O"....for a moment there I thought you may have been hinting at Matty Orford...whew:eek:

Actually I agree with the Hippie, I don't mind O'Neill. I didn't know he was out of contract with the Cowboys, but he's been one of their best. He's played some great footy, and he's a fantastic goal kicker...so don't be despondent....he'll do really well going by his performance this season.

I watched all the Cowboys games (see I like the bottom teams to do well.....that's one of the reasons I got to like the Warriors!!)

Hasn't Manly lost some good players though.....O'Meeley was going to be chased by Storm if Rodney Howe had gone to England and of course you'd know he's signed with the Bulldogs.

Heard any more about Kimmorley? Heard he was being chased by the Dragons and theBroncos.....good riddance I say...sorry but I don;t like the guy...I may have told you before about the reasons for this.

I wouldn't be too worried if I was an Eagles supporter, the way I figure it, if players don't want to play for your club, bad luck.
Bring insome youngsters and quite often they bond into a top team. You may have a couple of lean years, but at least you will have guys that want to play for the club and with each other.

Guys, I know I am a little naive, but is Julian gay or something (going by your comments;) :D ???

I am actually now looking forward to some good rugby league games and some afl too, but as the Dees aren't playing, somehow this year I am more interested in rugby league finals than the afl finals.

Any more player news re the Eagles and the Storm too, if you have any??? The Sydney papers won't be coming to Melbourne because of Ansett until alternative arrangements are made.
Would appreciate some goss from Sydney.

Cheers;) ;)

Ms. Storm,

Sorry, but I can only give you news from down Manly way.....

I was talking to Ian Thompson (Eagles CEO) and he sounded as if Brett would be staying at Manly next year. Most Eagles fans would happy to see the back of him as he has had a dreadful year. I don't care either way. On one hand he probably owes the club and the fans some decent performances and I think he is capable of it. On the other hand, there are some terrific juniors in the district at the moment (some great finals played at Brookie for the locals leagues in the past few weeks) and I would love some of them to get into the team and get a descent go. Brett and others will be useful as experienced heads whilst these players come into the team so I guess I would like to see him stay for this year. I see youth as the (Sea) Eagles future though.

The real problem of all of the Sydney teams becoming extinct is that Manly can't go and raid Wests for players when we need to anymore.... .:D :D :D

I agree with you that Julian has pulled his head in, let's hope he really has turned over a new leaf. I would hate for him to disgrace our club.....

Tony Jensen is one youngster to look out for next year, I think he is going to be a real champion. I'm glad O'Mealey is gone as his partnership with Stringer was never going to work. Menzies has resigned after a heap of whinging. I think Reeves will (and should) be made club captain after Tooves retirement this year. He has shown everyone at the club what dedication he has to the (Sea) Eagles and HAS to get the job. IMO.

On Toovey, his testemonial dinner was last Wednesday night and was a great night at the Leagues club. He is also going to be named as this years club champion (outstanding performance from all the sporting sub-clubs affiliated with the leagues club) for his services over the years.

The Sea Eagles Leagues club's cricket sub-club got off to a great start - all three grades on the verge of victory going into the second week of the first game. I scored 26 in the B4's total of 212. Happy about that! ;)

No more news I can think of....I will keep you posted if I hear any.

Re: I'm back again.....

Originally posted by Ms.Storm

Anyway Briedis, I think you did say the new player's name commenced with 'O"....for a moment there I thought you may have been hinting at Matty Orford...whew:eek:

Nope...sorry so scare you!

Originally posted by Ms.Storm

Guys, I know I am a little naive, but is Julian gay or something (going by your comments;) :D ???

I believe we are refering to the infamous incident in a hotel room in Country NSW where he filled some shoes with his, shall we say, waste...and then proceeded to smear what couldn't fit into the shoes all over the walls of the hotel room....pretty ordinary behaviour for a grown man.

Thanks Briedis for all the information...

As I said before we get very little via our Melb. papers so one must go looking for it via the internet or the Sydney papers.

From the news I was getting about Kimmorley, was that he was looking at the Broncos or the Dragons. Hope he stays with the Eagles, because he owes plenty IMHO.:rolleyes:

Could you let me know what the latest is on the Bears and Singleton's proposal? I know the NRL don't want a 16th team next year, but I am sure that will change in 2003, as they wouldnot want teams to have a bye. Its going to be interesting next year with the pooling of games...I like the idea of teams playing each other twice, its far fairer system....that's what I don't like about the afl.

By the way, I think Toovey was a sensational player..he was a bit maligned amongst opposition supporters because he complained a bit, but I think he is so skilful and really a credit to the Eagles. He deserved a great send off. Is he going to get involved in coaching??

Good luck with your cricket:D

Cheers

I haven't heard anything about Norths since the rumour went around that they were going to take the Sea Eagles to court. Not sure what is happening there....

Not sure what Geoff is going to do now. Apparently, he is already annoying his wife by being home all the time!

Thanks again Briedis....

For all your information.

Someone in the newsagent told me today about 10,000 people gathered to voice their support for an NRL team to play out of the Central Coast.....would these guys want the Bears to return...this is what I am not clear on, but I gather John Singleton is behind this???

A friend of mine married a guy from the Central coast and they now have a young baby...He wants to return home but she doesn't because she would miss Storm...do you believe that???
Good on her.

She told me its the most beautiful place and would settle there one day....

I have seen postcards of it and I am really impressed....if Storm, ever leave Melb. andif the Demons merge or something silly like that I may consider moving to NSW. and this seems to be the ideal place:D

Cheers

Yeah, the Central Coast is OK. A lot of old people up there though....it's kind of like our Florida!

I hope they get Norths up to the Central Coast. It's time for the NRL to step in and make some tough decisions. Manly to become Manly again and Norths to move to the Central Coast....simple really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back