Draft Profile Marcus Bontempelli

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Bontempelli's kicking needs work - He too often kicks long without assessing better options.
Early in the year that was definitely true but he made a lot of progress in the latter half of the year. Many of our supporters wanted the ball in his hands as much as possible by the end of the season.

You were comparing 2 players, one 4-5 years younger then the other. You said "Bontempelli hasn't achieved shit",he's already an all Australian, is one of 2 players to currently average 24 touches and a goal and is already a top 10 player in the comp,

That was my response to a comparison - a comparison that I was getting sick of hearing at the time (just let the kid play FFS). In comparison to Fyfe (at the time) of course Bontempelli hadn't achieved sh*t, and he still hasn't in comparison to Fyfe (a comparison that I wasn't initially making). I will respond and tell it how it is. I don't even see them as similar players. But I will say I think Bontempelli is as good as player at his age as I have seen (probably barring Judd).

You were comparing 2 players, one 4-5 years younger then the other. You said "Bontempelli hasn't achieved shit",he's already an all Australian, is one of 2 players to currently average 24 touches and a goal and is already a top 10 player in the comp,

Edit** You missed "premiership player"

Just trying to retrospectively help :cool::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow how things change
Haha I remember making that post and I think when I did I was just venting my frustration that he'd probably never come to the Dees despite how into him we were before the 2014 draft. I don't know if I ever believed it, definitely knew we were going to track him intensely at the Crows and lure him as soon as he came out of contract. Thought it was over when he signed that extension tho

Draft Profile Marcus Bontempelli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back