MatchBox Twenty

Remove this Banner Ad

True_Roo said:
Crap thread.
How can anyone be wrong by stating their preference
Who's said anyone was wrong? People have just said that either MB20 are crap, ok, or good. Seems your having trouble getting your head around the concept of a forum.

bunsen burner said:
Who's said anyone was wrong? People have just said that either MB20 are crap, ok, or good. Seems your having trouble getting your head around the concept of a forum.

Fair enough, but I was just giving my opinion also, which was mainly directed at the generalizations, not people's tastes.
Should've made myself much clearer.

BomberGal said:
So just to placate you, got any more Smashing Pumpkins recommendations for me? ;)

I'll butt in and make a suggestion if that's ok :p

Starla, from Pisces Iscariot.. Which i still beleive to be the best B-Sides compilation ever.

Take special note of the guitar solo, and at around , 6 minutes and 37 seconds, IIRC, is where the guitar solo launches off into Billy Corgan paradise.

If I ever have a daughter, I'm naming her after this song, or another on this album, A Girl Called Sandoz (which is a Animals cover I think).

It's not often mentioned how awesome this guy was as a guitarist in the early to mid 90's.

After Melloncholly, I reckon his ego got the better of him or something happened and his songwriting just hasnt been the same since.

But as a guitarist, Riff Meister or Soloist, he was/(is) awesome.

Check Veiuphoria for some interesting solos.

SaveFeriss said:
I'll butt in and make a suggestion if that's ok :p

Starla, from Pisces Iscariot.. Which i still beleive to be the best B-Sides compilation ever.

Take special note of the guitar solo, and at around , 6 minutes and 37 seconds, IIRC, is where the guitar solo launches off into Billy Corgan paradise.

If I ever have a daughter, I'm naming her after this song, or another on this album, A Girl Called Sandoz (which is a Animals cover I think).

It's not often mentioned how awesome this guy was as a guitarist in the early to mid 90's.

After Melloncholly, I reckon his ego got the better of him or something happened and his songwriting just hasnt been the same since.

But as a guitarist, Riff Meister or Soloist, he was/(is) awesome.

Check Veiuphoria for some interesting solos.

Yes, you may butt in. Cheers for that! :)

I'd never really taken much notice of the Smashing Pumpkins, but then Hitman suggested I download Ava Adore, and I fell in love! (As well as I already knew and liked 1979). But there's a lot of SP songs, and considering the way Kazaa operates these days, I wanted some opinions instead of just randomly downloading...thanks :)

BomberGal said:
Yes, you may butt in. Cheers for that! :)

I'd never really taken much notice of the Smashing Pumpkins, but then Hitman suggested I download Ava Adore, and I fell in love! (As well as I already knew and liked 1979). But there's a lot of SP songs, and considering the way Kazaa operates these days, I wanted some opinions instead of just randomly downloading...thanks :)

As Mansize Rooster said, you're a MUSE and Jeff Bucley fan.. Pumkins will be right up your alley, and I'm presuming Radiohead are already.

Cherub Rock changed the way I heard music entirely.

It was like 'a moment' when I first heard those lil drum rolls straight into THAT riff!

It was like I'd been waiting all my life to hear that album, It was a sunday night in 1992, and I was staying at a mates place above a shop in Chelsea. His brother came over and told us to check out this band who played the night before at The Pelly Bar IIRC.

Check out the the acoustic version of Cherub Rock, and get the distorted heavier rock type version of Disarm, live on some London TV Show.. James Iha is totally off his tree.. Jimmy's on the smack, and D'arcy looks like she's on some K pill.

As for Ava Adore, that was about where I began to lose interest. Ive still got every disc and some gems to be found, but he doesn't seem to complete an album like Gish, Siamese, Melon Chollie or even Pisces Iscariot which is a B-side disc.

The only song that can compare to hearing Cherub Rock for the 1st time, was when I first heard Stockholm Syndrome.

BomberGal: Get the 1st 4 Pumkins albums now!! (Gish, Siamese Dream, Pisces Iscariot and Melon Chollie and the Infinite Sadness.

ahh nice story there feriss..D'arcy is just a hottie
anyway,what is happening with billy? zwan are no longer right...solo album on the cards?

and what about chamberlin..we need that kickass drumer back in some way!

D'arcy hasn't ever been my type really.. I dig that chick from the Dandy Warhols for some reason though.. I think its the way she moves her hips or something.

Yeah I heard Zwan broke up, I have that album and dont mind one or two songs, and really dug honestly, but the man needs to get back to his roots... And Jimmy Chamberlain is a brilliant drummer.. One of those drummers with a huge Kit.. Who actually USES every piece of his kit.

Was voted worlds best drummer back in mid-late 90's by Drummer magazine IIRC.

Anyone know if he still has the smack problem, as that's why Billy booted him from the pumkins apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaveFeriss said:
D'arcy hasn't ever been my type really.. I dig that chick from the Dandy Warhols for some reason though.. I think its the way she moves her hips or something.

Zia is a babe! Not a stunner, but she has that something...Never looked hotter than in the film clip for "Horse Pills" in the back seat of the car wearing glasses...Yum!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back