MDFL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

All quiet officially on the club movement but still Murmurings about - personally I think it is inevitable but when who knows?

WLB have resigned Harley Hunter

Tatyoon as discussed have lost quite a few

Caramut had a new coach but haven’t heard of any other signings

I’m told Jaydo Wright is playing in Ballarat next year but I heard Geelong and the same stage last year and that did not eventuate so wait and see
Jayden Wright has signed with Lake Wendouree in the Ballarat league.

Any news on any potential changes as mentioned above?

All clubs going round again?

Any news on any potential changes as mentioned above?

All clubs going round again?
All of Mininera and District league’s senior football teams have appointed or re-signed their coaches for 2024.
As pre-season started for many clubs during the past month, the 12 Mininera and District teams have been reflecting on last season’s results and putting in place measures to come back stronger – including in the coaching department.
After winning a fairytale flag in 2022, Ararat Eagles had a 2023 season to forget and have appointed Tom Taurau and Mitchell Laundy as joint coaches. The pair both played for the Eagles in 2023 and will take over from outgoing premiership coach Bhun Joiner, in an effort to return the Eagles to finals.
lg.php
Last year’s bottom-of-the-ladder side Caramut has announced Scott Judd will coach in 2024. Tim MacDonald, who has coached Woorndoo-Mortlake in the past, will serve as assistant coach.
Judd had a long involvement with Kolora Noorat in Warrnambool and District league and will look to improve on the Swans’ winless run last season.
Rhys Cronin will lead fellow battlers Moyston-Willaura in 2024, supported by assistant coach Trent Fiscalini. Cronin was previously a premiership player with the Pumas and Lee a premiership coach.
Hawkesdale-Macarthur has announced coach Xavier McCartney, with joint assistants Alex White and Brady Purcell.
McCartney returned to the Eagles as a player last season and has been appointed head coach for 2024.
Reigning premier Tatyoon has re-appointed coach Zac Tunbridge for next season.
Jay Everall will continue as co-coach for Penshurst, joined by playing-coach Jayden Watson, after the Bombers’ finals appearance last season.
Sean Trevaskis will lead preliminary finalists Wickliffe-Lake Bolac for a third season.
Glenthompson-Dunkeld has re-signed coach Tom Waters.
Isaac Templeton has committed to coach Woorndoo-Mortlake for the coming season after premiership defeat in 2023, with Damien Pemberton returning as assistant coach.
Jake Carr will again coach SMW Rovers, after the team managed four wins last season. Tom Thewlis will return as assistant coach after taking out the club’s best-and-fairest award.
Will Bell will continue as Great Western coach, after the side missed finals in 2023, and will be supported by Nigel Sibson.
Lismore-Derrinallum has reappointed Alec Wiltshire, following a season in which the Demons recorded four wins.

Seems all are sticking it out as is for the minute. Taty the interesting announcement in that, my mail was that Tunbridge was moving on had announced it at the BnF or celebrations. Maybe couldn't get anyone else on board.

Seems all are sticking it out as is for the minute. Taty the interesting announcement in that, my mail was that Tunbridge was moving on had announced it at the BnF or celebrations. Maybe couldn't get anyone else on board.
Ahh terrific. Cheers mate

Hawky Mac have recruited verrry well. To the point where I'm going to say before round 1 that they can win it all. Top 4 a lock imo
Who have they picked up?

Great Western have seemed to picked up well and could be back into contention. Ararat have got a few more, should be in better shape than last year even with the loss of Jaydo Wright, but probably not enough to compete.

Any news out of Taty and Lismore Deri - seem to be a bit quieter than other years.

Marcus Darmody from Newlyn rumored to of signed with Taty. Century goal kicker in the CHFL, kicked plenty for Koroit and North Ballarat, also ex VFL. Should kick plenty in this comp.

Tatty must of thrown a bit of kanga at Munari he had officially retired last year.
Will kick big bags against the really struggling teams but often goes missing against better sides.

Tatty must of thrown a bit of kanga at Munari he had officially retired last year.
Will kick big bags against the really struggling teams but often goes missing against better sides.
That's a big signing, a bloke who should have no problems finding the sticks in this comp. Him and Darmody will be a potent combination. Where did you see this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamilton has released their fixture. They'll be playing games at Hawkesdale and Dunkeld throughout the season. Wasn't aware about Hawkesdale. Assuming the first Hampden league games to be played at the ground. View attachment 1906491

Hamilton has released their fixture. They'll be playing games at Hawkesdale and Dunkeld throughout the season. Wasn't aware about Hawkesdale. Assuming the first Hampden league games to be played at the ground. View attachment 1906491
Any word on how the side itself is looking?

Any word on how the side itself is looking?
Hamilton, no I'm not sure. They have plenty of numbers on the track. Should bring back a second Hamilton team and enter them in Mininera or South West....Plenty of runners but not the bigger bodies that will do much damage in Hampden from what I can see.

Hamilton, no I'm not sure. They have plenty of numbers on the track. Should bring back a second Hamilton team and enter them in Mininera or South West....Plenty of runners but not the bigger bodies that will do much damage in Hampden from what I can see.
Get off the gear man - nowhere near enough to do that - don’t confuse unders with Snrs & Ressies - they’ve signed no one and lost depth and some young talent, playing away all year at initially what is a pretty average venue with below average training facilities - it’s unfortunate but they are going to struggle big time

Get off the gear man - nowhere near enough to do that - don’t confuse unders with Snrs & Ressies - they’ve signed no one and lost depth and some young talent, playing away all year at initially what is a pretty average venue with below average training facilities - it’s unfortunate but they are going to struggle big time
Haha, Maybe im just wanting that to happen. But 1 team makes sense to push everyone out to the country clubs...but does it actually? Where did a full football and netball club disperse to when the surrounding clubs are no bigger? Just 18-25 year Olds leaving Hamilton to Warrnambool, Ballarat, geelong and Melbourne. But numbers on the track have been very solid. I've seen it multiple times. But yes probably half unders which I didn't think of. the kids these days are not kids! But agree they'll be lucky to win a couple of games. Just too small. Should slowly be on the improve in 2025 26 27 with new facilities

Haha, Maybe im just wanting that to happen. But 1 team makes sense to push everyone out to the country clubs...but does it actually? Where did a full football and netball club disperse to when the surrounding clubs are no bigger? Just 18-25 year Olds leaving Hamilton to Warrnambool, Ballarat, geelong and Melbourne. But numbers on the track have been very solid. I've seen it multiple times. But yes probably half unders which I didn't think of. the kids these days are not kids! But agree they'll be lucky to win a couple of games. Just too small. Should slowly be on the improve in 2025 26 27 with new facilities
Your first answer is correct - I’m impartial. Their unders are always good - you’ve got two reasonably major private boarding schools supplying kids - last year a lot ran thru the seniors but due to education/employment they all take off. I was surprised with their coaching appointment but it reflected the fact that no one wanted the job. I don’t share your enthusiasm about improvement, because for whatever reason they don’t attract the really good kids from the Mininera league that they should. There’s 3 young brothers from Hawkesdale MacArthur that should all be there and about 6 from Penshurst. Instead they’ve lost young blokes to Glen Dunkeld. There’s obviously an issue there.

Your first answer is correct - I’m impartial. Their unders are always good - you’ve got two reasonably major private boarding schools supplying kids - last year a lot ran thru the seniors but due to education/employment they all take off. I was surprised with their coaching appointment but it reflected the fact that no one wanted the job. I don’t share your enthusiasm about improvement, because for whatever reason they don’t attract the really good kids from the Mininera league that they should. There’s 3 young brothers from Hawkesdale MacArthur that should all be there and about 6 from Penshurst. Instead they’ve lost young blokes to Glen Dunkeld. There’s obviously an issue there.
Do you think over the last 20 years Mininera has strengthened as a league? It's tended to hold its own and manages to either keep their talented locals or at least get them to come home after a while.

Do you think over the last 20 years Mininera has strengthened as a league? It's tended to hold its own and manages to either keep their talented locals or at least get them to come home after a while.
No League has strengthened over the last 20 years - blokes that wouldn’t get a game in the 2’s are now senior players.

Having said that the competition has stayed relatively even with a smattering of premiers - in comparison to other leagues the comp holds its own.

Two main reasons

One the farmers have lots of cash 💰 &

The locals seem to be able to drag a few home

Buy it’s getting harder due to the fact that the kids do not exist

Few whispers getting around that taty have opened up the cheque book and signed up Mitch Gilbert from skipton and Hayden Walters an ex vfl payer from dimboola on big coin.

Few whispers getting around that taty have opened up the cheque book and signed up Mitch Gilbert from skipton and Hayden Walters an ex vfl payer from dimboola on big coin.
Just out of curiosity, what would "big coin" be these days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back