Mead Meltdown League 2016/2017

If two new players are introduced do we re-do the draft lottery?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm ok with 8. Means success is more about drafting well as opposed to being super active on waivers. We can wait and see if 2 more people sign up if everyone wants but I'm keen to start so we don't have to rush the draft...
If they can get in before Shiv makes his pick...

if 2 new players came in then would we redo the draft order or would they just be added as pick 9/10?
Not too fussed. I think an argument could be made for either. It would be fairer for the new players if we re-did the draft order but for the 8 already registered if we kept the draft order. I'm going to leave it up to consensus to decide, i also don't think we'll get 2 new players in the next 2 days so i think it'll be a moot point.

Put it to a vote. May be a moot point in the end.

Did we decide on slow offline draft?
Poll added. Yeah slow offline draft is the way to go i reckon. We have a month until the season proper starts, plenty of time. It's generally difficult to find a time where everyone is available for an online draft and then someone ends up with an auto-drafted team and that really sucks for them.

I voted yes.
I was 4 so right in the middle....

I just think that its a bit unfair and they may lose interest if given 9 and 10 straight off the bat.

Feel for the guys that got 1 and 2 though.
I voted no. I need my superstar!

The problem is nobody is taking up the two spots now but you just know as soon as the season start nears you'll have a couple of gooses pop up on the fantasy thread posting they want to play or start a league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted yes.
I was 4 so right in the middle....

I just think that its a bit unfair and they may lose interest if given 9 and 10 straight off the bat.

Feel for the guys that got 1 and 2 though.
Agree completely. I voted yes purely on the fact that i think it's unfair to join a league and be given 9 or 10 straight off. Personally I'm not at all fussed about pick 8 and 9 because i think this year there's just as much value there as at 3 or 4.

The problem is nobody is taking up the two spots now but you just know as soon as the season start nears you'll have a couple of gooses pop up on the fantasy thread posting they want to play or start a league.
Yep no doubt. Honestly though, i don't see a problem in an 8 man league and in some ways i actually prefer it to 10 people though 12 would be optimal.

Alright well with under a month until the season proper starts i'm keen to kick this off and i'm not seeing any new player activity. Unless anyone joins up before Shiv takes his pick we're going with 8. Shiv you can take your pick whenever you like...

Alright well with under a month until the season proper starts i'm keen to kick this off and i'm not seeing any new player activity. Unless anyone joins up before Shiv takes his pick we're going with 8. Shiv you can take your pick whenever you like...

I'd be happy to jump in if I can

Back