Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so our list is crap and Trigg has promised a full rebuild, great I'm all for it but this is what annoys me, why the **** are we playing Armfield?? Where's Whiley? If we already conceded what the hell are we doing? Malthouse did this last year as well even when the season was over, kept playing the oldies for absolutely no other reason but to save his job, So confused about our direction, one thing is being said while doing another!!

Fair point, but maybe staggering the introduction of kids rather than a big bang is the strategy. That said, Whiley and Bucks are emergencies...perhaps a late change?

There's a solid arguement for paying a bit more to have a gun coach coach the VFL side

Now that would be a unique thing for a football club to do

Wonder if Micks ego could handle that

Just thinking outside the square

You gotta have a pretty big ego/thick skin to be in the coaching game.

Look at Clarkson, brilliant coach and instructor of men, but in every press conference he does, he does seem to come across as smug as used cars salesman (and I mean that as a compliment:)

Wouldn't mind an ex AFL coach like Gary Ayres coaching the Northern Bullants (not happy about how we basically absorbed the old Presron FC TBH, the Northern Blues will always be the Bullants to me) ..

Conan doing a decent job at Port Melbourne..

We've had 2 coaches in the last 50 years to go out on their own terms.

Barassi, and Parko (the second time)..............it's pretty obvious how these things end.
Wow, that speaks volumes for the culture of our club.

Wow, that speaks volumes for the culture of our club.

It is what it is.

Hard pressed to think of more than a handful of coaches in recent memory who departed amicably from their club...

Worsfold? Thompson from Geelong? Malthouse from Collingwood? That went well...

Lyon...completely ******* over St Kilda? I guess it was amicable on his behalf...

In fairness, most coaches get pushed or seek 'opportunities' (more $$$) elsewhere. Not too many tenures end amicably.

It is what it is.

Hard pressed to think of more than a handful of coaches in recent memory who departed amicably from their club...

Worsfold? Thompson from Geelong? Malthouse from Collingwood? That went well...

Lyon...completely ******* over St Kilda? I guess it was amicable on his behalf...
Had not really thought much about other clubs but now you mention it we are probably are not a lot different.

But as with everything else, when things go wrong at Carlton, the media pack go into a feeding frenzy.

If we'd had a bit more success this wouldn't be an issue...

Moreover, the WE ARE CARLTON, * THE REST mentality, which persisted until recently let's not forget, put targets on our back clear as day.

We are reaping what we've sown, in every sense of the phrase...

If we'd had a bit more success this wouldn't be an issue...

Moreover, the WE ARE CARLTON, **** THE REST mentality, which persisted until recently let's not forget, put targets on our back clear as day.

We are reaping what we've sown, in every sense of the phrase...

If we had more success we wouldn't care ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheedy's exit at Essendon was quite bitter, I recall he once accused Matthew Knights of stabbing him in the back to get his job.

Mind you, there is a nasty/vindictive streak inside of Sheeds, once made a very hurtful and spiteful comment about Robert Walls, which hurt Wallsy deeply (and Walls was no shirking violet himself)

Sheedy's exit at Essendon was quite bitter, I recall he once accused Matthew Knights of stabbing him in the back to get his job.

Mind you, there is a nasty/vindictive streak inside of Sheeds, once made a very hurtful and spiteful comment about Robert Walls, which hurt Wallsy deeply (and Walls was no shirking violet himself)

They couldn't get rid of sheedy he was filthy about leaving, and they pretty much have never stabilised since, 27 years...toooo long

Fair point, but maybe staggering the introduction of kids rather than a big bang is the strategy. That said, Whiley and Bucks are emergencies...perhaps a late change?
I hope so but MM didn't do it last year either when the season was virtually over... Let's hope thing's change!!

Ok so our list is crap and Trigg has promised a full rebuild, great I'm all for it but this is what annoys me, why the **** are we playing Armfield?? Where's Whiley? If we already conceded what the hell are we doing? Malthouse did this last year as well even when the season was over, kept playing the oldies for absolutely no other reason but to save his job, So confused about our direction, one thing is being said while doing another!!

hmmm

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/where-are-carlton-blues-fringe-youngsters-20150416-1mmh3k.html

From what I'm hearing some players within the club think Mick's game plan is out dated (the old cliche) and the opposition are always 2 steps ahead, thus putting our on field strategies questionable. No double there is always two sides to every story, and the players need to also be held accountable.

Could Mick be favoring players to understand his style of play? Does he still believe we're a chance for the flag?o_O

Could we see us implementing someone else's game plan for the rest of the year?..... You know? The one that we used against port in the 2nd half a couple of years ago....

Hard to tell..most coaches learning or replicate each other in some ways. No double we will be reviewing old tapes and try to exploit weaknesses, look back into the archives and ponder how won our last game...etc.

All game plans revolve around a core, that core is the leadership group on field. What's a team without its captain and his lieutenants implementing the tasks you set? These days being innovative seems to have the edge over old school. its like saying iPads over Notepads.....although the output is the same, its all about how fast and responsive your data is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back