Mid Gippy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

So with Yinnar beating Morwell East, I guess they've played their final game in the league with Yinnar jumping them into finals. Add Foster's win over Hill End and Boolarra smashing Toora, the ladder didn't really change much from a week ago.

So that's Foster playing Yinnar and Boolarra playing Hill End. Do Tarwin and Newborough play each other this next week or do they get a week off?
Think top two go straight into prelim. finals

Well done Yinnar, lost a fair few games by * all but hung in there.
Year of the magpie maybe.

Well done Yinnar, lost a fair few games by * all but hung in there.
Year of the magpie maybe.
Must be considering the other Magpies team won the Reserves Premiership, the A Grade and B Grade Netball Premierships and the Best and Fairests in all those comps as well.

I was surprised to find out that this was only Toora's second Grand Final in the A Grade netball and first win (both Grand Finals against Tarwin), I've always known Toora as always having a good netball team. Also, great to see them get a Footy Premiership. First Premiership of either Senior or Ressies since 1973.

And congrats to Yinnar. Going from having to win the last game with the 2nd best percentage to winning the whole thing. Don't usually see a team go from scrapping into finals to getting the flag.

Anyone hearing news of fresh player movements in Mid Gippy? Can't say the bush telegraph reaches me this far away!

Anyone hearing news of fresh player movements in Mid Gippy? Can't say the bush telegraph reaches me this far away!
The mail from up north is Bulldogs to finish top 3. Money tree has withered somewhat up at Hill End and they will return to languishing in the cellar for the next decade.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where’s Cochrane gone
Back to TTU.

Hoppy from Hill End reports that top end talent, namely; Kerrigan, Mulqueen, Pratt and Saunders are looking to play at Moe this season. No one in the seconds showed anything last year, so he may have to schedule his PPP for the home game against Toora or Thorpdale, rather than Newborough.

Last edited:
Vale Paul [Boozy] Lewis, Boolarra Football Club.
Condolences to the Lewis Family, who have all been involved with Mid Gippsland Clubs for well over 50 years.

Morwell East members say yes to North Gippsland this time around.
The next step is to see if the NGFNL votes them in.
With YYN in it makes sense. North Gippy have a bye, though realistically a few teams* should merge.

[I’m probably out of the loop a bit as far as Community Football is concerned. Looking at it through that lense, local communities don’t want their FNC to virtually fold.]

With YYN in it makes sense. North Gippy have a bye, though realistically a few teams* should merge.

[I’m probably out of the loop a bit as far as Community Football is concerned. Looking at it through that lense, local communities don’t want their FNC to virtually fold.]

Yes have officially applied to north Gippy was talking to north Gippy director and he said another side is thinking about it did not name them though

What sides do you reckon should merge then Mick

Newborough Chokers should think about changing leagues or folding.
To lose next to no games in 2 years with nothing to show in a league that at best can only be described as substandard is worrying.

Is Fish Creek still the only team in Victoria to win a 20th premiership? Happy to see that a change of league didn't give them a long stint before winning a 21st, always in premiership contention that place.

Not the first time a team has won every game but the Grand Final, will still sting for Newborough.

Geez ur a flog
How is stating fact being a flog.
I've played and coached in both leagues over many years, you are obviously too young to know that The Alberton League was classed a Major League at one stage with Mid Gippy not much different standard wise.
My opinion is based on watching games over the last two seasons. The standard is shitful.

Is Fish Creek still the only team in Victoria to win a 20th premiership? Happy to see that a change of league didn't give them a long stint before winning a 21st, always in premiership contention that place.

Not the first time a team has won every game but the Grand Final, will still sting for Newborough.
?? they're one of a few who have won 30+ and think this was their 37th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back