1 Day Monday - ONE DAYER - BIG V Vs ALLIES - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff BigV!!!!!!!!!

Another win and still top of the Table.

Congrats to Samuel on his excellent batting , and to all the bowlers particularly Hardball and Vanders.

He's Back But It's Not Enough

by chief cricket writer Tony Greig

Well you can't keep a champion down for long & Allies veteran fast bowler DIPPER showed he's still got the pace to knock the top off any batting line up with an opnening spell of raw speed & aggression, unfortuantely it wasn't enough to stop the Allies copping their second defeat in a row.
Steaming in from the pavillion end the big man took a wicket in each of his first two overs, both of them bowled & both of them beating the batsman for pace.This should have been the catalyst for the rest of the bowlers most notably Seindude to show a bit of heart & put the Big V on the ropes but the support that DIPPER deserved just wasn't forthcoming from the rest of the pace attack & the V got off the hook.DIPPER even came back to pick up another wicket in his 5th over but by this time the V were on their way to a winning total.It wasn't until leg spinner Hoggy joined the attack that the Allies had another bowler with the heart, passion & skill to match the pommie legend.
Commenting on his own performance this is what he had to say 'Well it's good to be back bowling at full throttle but you know me, it's always the team first & I'm never happy coming off the field after a defeat especially one like that.I've had a few injury problems this season & people haven't been slow in writing me off but I'm fit now & expect some fireworks till the end of the season because I plan to shake a few batsmen up.'

DIPPER thpough couldn't hide his disappointment at the performances so far this eason of the rest of the Allies pace attack'Oh mate I was ashamed out there at times today, I mean some of these blokes don't have the heart to play for this club,look at Seindude, we've got them 2 down early in the game & we can't even get more than 4 overs out of him because he was so wayward, the bloke has set himself up as the comedian of the team but I for one don't find anything funny about his performances so far.
I feel sorry for Masey he's under a lot of pressure as this club has high expectations & he can't rely on most of his pace attack, the 2 spinners are doing well & obviously he's got me but the rest of them are a waste of space.The batsmen have been doing ok but I get the impression that confidence is slipping because we're letting the opposition get too many runs.'

DIPPER was then unusualy cryptic as he said that changes could be expected at the club this very week that would shake things up considerably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back