Montgomery reported?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crunchbone

Debutant
Oct 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was just having a read of an article on afl.com.au regarding today's match and it stated that Brett Montgomery was reported for striking Troy Schwarze - surely that's not right!?! If it's the incident I'm recalling, it was definitely the other way around... can anyone please shed some light on this for me? Thanking you...

The free kick was paid to the Dogs.

Maybe Monty was reported for hitting Schwarze's elbow with the back of his head???

Yeah I was told by a St Kilda supporter that the umpire made a mistake... and it was in fact Schwarze that should have been reported.

The scary thing is... there's apparently no video footage of it. So they'll be going on the umpires word...

The scary thing is... there's apparently no video footage of it. So they'll be going on the umpires word...[/QUOTE]

I think there's a few of us on this board who would happily give their recollection of the incident at the tribunal on Tuesday night - Schwarze should be gaaaaaaaawn from where I was standing!

Mingo said:
Yeah I was told by a St Kilda supporter that the umpire made a mistake... and it was in fact Schwarze that should have been reported.

The scary thing is... there's apparently no video footage of it. So they'll be going on the umpires word...
going by last week then he should get off , there was no footage of the hayes incident yet he got off. While i'm on my soapbox how is a player let off for spitting these days? What a friggin joke.

Mingo said:

They should watch a replay of the game (as I did when I got home) as it showed Schwarze elbow come out and hit Monty.

C'mon, St Kilda are a protected species. It has to be pretty blatent for a St Kilda player to get rubbed out.

The whole umpiring was a joke. I was sitting watching the game, confused. As were the commentators, and almost everyone on the field by the looks of things. Monty will surely get off.

The incident actually happened in front of me, and initially I thought the report was for Hamill kicking Monty in the head while he was on the ground after the collision with Schwarz. When I read the report on afl.com I nearly fell off my chair. I've watched the replay several times, and if Gehrig & Hayes got off last week, Monty should get a full public apology from the umpire for time wasting!!

Tiger 19 said:
The incident actually happened in front of me, and initially I thought the report was for Hamill kicking Monty in the head while he was on the ground after the collision with Schwarz.

Yes, I thought the same...hopefully it will be overturned tomorrow.

yes it was a baffling incident.

how can we get a 50 metre free kick and have monty reported at the same time?

Must of been a typo, instead of schwarze reported for striking monty, it might of been, reported, striking, monty? and someone filled in the blanks???

who knows!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back