Motlops Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the game and the incident happened while play was stopped for a centre bounce. Motlop had a go at Hunter and Hunter ended up flat on his back with Motlop sitting on top of him. The goal umpire was only a couple of meters away though, so his evidence will be damning I would think.

Hunter has a bit of a mouth, so I guess Ports tactics of trying to sledge and unsettle our players were turned back onto the Port players, and what do you know? We got a bite!

If you cant take it back, dont dish it out I was always taught.;)

i was sitting behind where it happened and the first thing i said was hes in trouble!!

Take the early plea and miss one match. I'd rather him miss Melbourne then lose and miss two matches. No offense to Melbourne but, at home, you'd think we should get over the line.

That's twice in two weeks we have lost someone to no video evidence. Unless Hunter helps out Motlop, the tribunal wil probably favour the umps version of events.

Take the early plea and miss one match. I'd rather him miss Melbourne then lose and miss two matches. No offense to Melbourne but, at home, you'd think we should get over the line.

That's twice in two weeks we have lost someone to no video evidence. Unless Hunter helps out Motlop, the tribunal wil probably favour the umps version of events.
His carry-over points from within the last 12 months means that his one-game sanction must remain at one game, even with an early plea.
From afl.com.au:
Contact between Port Adelaide’s Troy Chaplin and West Coast’s Shannon Hurn from the third quarter of Sunday’s game was assessed. The video evidence available was inconclusive. No further action was taken.
There was no video evidence at all for the brogan incident yet he still manages to get a week? Of course i don't want Chaplin to get a week but I think they need better consistency......

Contact between Port Adelaide’s Troy Chaplin and West Coast’s Shannon Hurn from the third quarter of Sunday’s game was assessed. The video evidence available was inconclusive. No further action was taken.
There was no video evidence at all for the brogan incident yet he still manages to get a week? Of course i don't want Chaplin to get a week but I think they need better consistency......

Very good point.

Even though that could work against us, it certainly highlights one such flaw already exposed in the tribunal system.

None taken, even in our "good" years we'd still keep the tradition of getting smashed at AAMI stadium alive and well.

Bring in a witches hat for Motlop and it'll still kick 5 goals.

None taken, even in our "good" years we'd still keep the tradition of getting smashed at AAMI stadium alive and well.

Bring in a witches hat for Motlop and it'll still kick 5 goals.

Lol, I used to dread watching Melb, Richmond, Freeo, hawthorn (obviously they have changed now) at AAMI as they were always lame encounters. You guys did well in the first half against the Pies and who knows what Port team will show?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^I read he copped two weeks for it!

Being heard tonight.

I did read on SA Footy that a goal umpire did the same in the reserves game.

^ ^

That didnt happen...
Bit of 'confusion' on SA Footys' behalf with regards to a goal umpire reporting
Matt Thomas in the League side...

Brogan's case went to the tribunal. My info is that Port's barrister may have done more harm than good.

It's interesting that you say that. He did manage to have the penalty downgraded from two matches to one. What did Griffin do/say at the tribunal that did so much harm?

haha I can tell you that's not true. Good story to tell though :thumbsu:

It would've been so much easier with the old three quarter length jackets. :p

From one media report at least Hunter has said the right thing - "...wasn't much in it ..."

I have a feeling however, with the way that we get raped by the AFL, that they will make an issue with Hunter sticking up for fellow footballers and hit him (Hunter) with a reprimand or similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back