MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 5 - Charlie Cameron 1 week?

Remove this Banner Ad

How Hewett didn't get a week is astounding.
Tend to agree but I think that’s ok if they are consistent with the adjudication across the season.

Frustration comes when other players get a week for the same act and the AFL reason that it’s different.

Thought Hewett's was an obvious and easy 1 week call. Neale's was never going to be more than a fine.
Can only assume the saving grace for Hewett was the back angle shows that his punch was going to the torso, then Neale deflects his arm upwards. Still, all the talk used to be about not mattering where you intended to hit someone. If you choose to hit and it goes high, that's that.

The other one that perplexed me was the Cox/Mumford altercation.
I will preface this by saying that Cox is an absolute knob, but I had a feeling there was more to it. The extended footage, to my eye, clearly shows that Mumford knew what was happening with the last bounce from the umpire. He even appears to shoulder check to see where Cox is and seemingly steps into his path.
Surely out of all the GWS players approaching the middle, one could've seen there was one last bounce happening and told the boys to hold off for a sec? Or the ump could have seen them coming and told them to clear out for one last bounce? How does that entire exchange fall on Cox's shoulders?

Had to laugh when that Laura Kane woman said its a fine but we wouldnt want to see it again.
Once youve set the precedence, altering if it happens again only highlights how corrupt the system is.
They leave enough grey so they can manipulate a desired outcome when it suits.
We all know when that'll be..

• Admin
Thought Hewett's was an obvious and easy 1 week call. Neale's was never going to be more than a fine.
I think they found an edge case right at the start of the season.

Close to the ball, players jostling, elbow slips up hits the neck. Could happen to anyone.

Neale turned and retaliated though nothing ongoing so he didn't need to do it, should have let the ump and MRP sort it out.

I think they found an edge case right at the start of the season.

Close to the ball, players jostling, elbow slips up hits the neck. Could happen to anyone.

Neale turned and retaliated though nothing ongoing so he didn't need to do it, should have let the ump and MRP sort it out.
Yeah pretty much. The reverse angle shows it perfectly. Starts as a forearm aimed at the body, but Neale's arm come across and up at the same time.

1710297511794.png 1710297473032.png 1710297546811.png 1710297586914.png

I've just watched it again - Neale tackled, Newman gives him a push on the way up, Neale goes the jumper punch on Newman.

1710315191465.png

Acres puts himself in between, Neale reaches out to give a jumper punch on Hewett, he lets go, Hewett gives a whack in the arm that Neale's own arm directs up to his head, Neale spins around with a closed-fist punch to the body.

All the while the umpire is telling him to stop.

From about 1:25 end of third quarter.

Neale getting frustrated and trying to lay into about three different players is the bulk of the matter.

Last edited:
I just don't understand how one is careless and one intentional??????
The were both intentional 1000000%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisvegas tried the biffo (Fagan SOP up there) when they realised that their outside fantasy pants joe the goose game wasn't working anymore- how was Cameron's late hit on McGovern not cited? As for GAry Lyon- anyone who wears RM Williams boots shouldn't be allowed to have a tractor license - twat.

Is Sicily in trouble? Don't they take kicking pretty seriously?

Shouldn’t McGrath be in more trouble ?
Intentional ✅
High ✅

Who’s at fault here in the pic ?
Who chose to bump ?
Whose feet are off the ground ?

1710657217592.png

Thought there was nothing in Sicily's, just defending himself from some attention, but hadn't noticed him kick McGrath on the way down. Fair enough I suppose.

Also McGrath will need to pick a softer target next time, really didn't do himself any favours there

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the initial contact between them. It's the lazy kick afterwards that got him the week.
yes if sicily had chosen to take a soccer dive it would be mcgrath who might be facing MRP

I hate Hawthorn as much as the next person, but that James Sicily suspension was soft as. I'm still confused with this and how Hewett got off last week. The MRO still making us shake our heads in 2024. Shambles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back