5. Tom Green
4. Cogs
3. Hogan
2. Taylor
1. Kelly
HM
Buckley, Whitfield, Daniels and Ricardi

5 - Tom Green: a huge game in the contest
5 - Jesse Hogan: an equally huge game up front; benefitting from our faster movement and his strength in the marking contest
3 - Sam Taylor: a great game in defence on one of the Coleman Medal favourites - 5 contested marks & 12 intercepts
1 - Josh Kelly: a strong game in his 200th doing what he usually does
1 - Lachie Whitfield: another strong game in defence, taking lots of marks and kick-starting the run from D50

Surprised not more love for Cogs. Thought he was immense.
Funny how differently people see it.
I don't disagree that he had a very good game, and I had actually included him when I did my initial post but realised I had given 16 points!

I wanted to reward Tom Green & Jesse Hogan for what I saw as really good games; each worthy of a full 5 votes IMHO.

That only left me with 5 votes; I wanted to acknowledge the job that Sam Taylor did - I did prevaricate about dropping him to 2 in order to give Cogs a vote. A little bit of sentimentality giving Chook a vote in his 200th - I did weigh up between him and Cogs; and then I thought Lachie had another strong game and wanted to reward that. One of those games where there were multiple good performers and it became a question of who/how many/how much to reward!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised not more love for Cogs. Thought he was immense.
Funny how differently people see it.
The stats man Daniel Hoynes agrees with you!

Which players should have been given coaches votes for their Round 1 performances?

Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne has named the five players who were perhaps overlooked by the coaches on the weekend.

Stephen Coniglio (GWS)

“He did not get a vote from the coaches, but was our second highest rated player on the ground,” said Hoyne on SEN’s Sportsday. “He had the third most impact of any player with ball in hand over the weekend. “He’s in great nick at the moment, along with a lot of his teammates.”

The stats man Daniel Hoynes agrees with you!

Which players should have been given coaches votes for their Round 1 performances?

Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne has named the five players who were perhaps overlooked by the coaches on the weekend.

Stephen Coniglio (GWS)

“He did not get a vote from the coaches, but was our second highest rated player on the ground,” said Hoyne on SEN’s Sportsday. “He had the third most impact of any player with ball in hand over the weekend. “He’s in great nick at the moment, along with a lot of his teammates.”
I knew I was right.

Proves the coaches and everyone else is an idiot ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back