My Bets

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't lost betting on St Kilda this year.

I had a nice win on them V Kangaroos

I hope to keep my record intact

I have had a bet on the Swans / St Kilda match

Bet 1) $40 St Kilda to win @ $3.35 = $134.00 Collect
Bet 2) $20 St Kilda to win >15.5 pts @ $5.50 = $110.00 Collect
Bet 3) $10 St Kilda to win >39.5 pts @ $14.00 = $140.00 Collect
Bet 4) $10 St Kilda to win >60 pts @ $36.00 = $360.00 Collect
Bet 5) $40 Either team under 15.5 pts @ $3.45 = $138.00 Collect

Total bets = $120.00

If Swans win >15.5 pts I collect $0.00 (Lose $120.00)
If Swans win <15.5 pts I collect $138.00 (Win $18.00)
If Saints win <15.5 pts I collect $272.00 (Win $152.00)
If Saints win >15.5 pts <39.5 pts I collect $244 (Win $124.00)
If Saints win >39.5 pts <60 pts I collect $384.00 (Win $264.00)
If Saints win >60 pts I collect $844 (Win $724.00)

Wish me luck

Woohoo

I'm thrilled to win $152.00 but I'm more thrilled to see justice in the match.

The umpires did everything they could to make the Swans win but it was to no avail - the Saints were too determined and too good.

StKildonan said:
Woohoo

I'm thrilled to win $152.00 but I'm more thrilled to see justice in the match.

The umpires did everything they could to make the Swans win but it was to no avail - the Saints were too determined and too good.

yeh they did didnt they? too many 50-50's went the swans way, but seeing o'loughling penalised for out on the full when he didnt kick it was good fun to watch!

The Saints have been harshly treated by umpires all season.

The pattern usually has been to give a huge disparity of frees to the opposition in the first half - allowing the opposition to put itself in a position to win the match. Then we get about an even share of free kicks in the second half. Usually those frees are paid to us where they can do the least damage, or as one umpire has a habit of doing, bringing us back after taking advantage - hence allowing the opposition to flood back.

The Swans match was a slightly different process. We were cruelled in the first quarter to an extent, the umpiring was relatively fair in the second and third quarters, then degenerated back to the usual standard we are used to in the last quarter.

Sour grapes?

You might think so, but by now most of us are resigned to it as just par for the course.
It doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

Sydney and Freo are the umpires' darlings so you would never know how that feels.
icon_eek.gif

You are completely unqualified in commenting.

StKildonan said:
........Sydney and Freo are the umpires' darlings so you would never know how that feels. You are completely unqualified in commenting.

amazing comment:thumbsdown:

Here some stats for you.

Season 2005
St. Kilda. FF. 470 (ranked 1st) FA 401 (ranked 7th) differential +69.
Sydney. FF. 422 (ranked 3rd) FA 514 (ranked 1st) differential -92.

Season 2006 up to Rd10.

St. Kilda. FF 163 (ranked 10th) FA 171 (ranked 6th) differential -8.
Sydney. FF 174 (ranked 4th) FA 206 (ranked 1st) differential -34

here

Add in Round 11.

St. Kilda differential -14
Sydney differential -28

yeh but what he was saying was that the umps pay free kicks to even up the count, its all bout the quality and impact of free kicks and the saints have had sum shockers in that department to the extent where the afl came out and apologised after our loss to port where we got screwed over

nudgep said:
yeh but what he was saying was that the umps pay free kicks to even up the count, its all bout the quality and impact of free kicks and the saints have had sum shockers in that department to the extent where the afl came out and apologised after our loss to port where we got screwed over

I agree about the Port game. In the last 15 years umps have always evened up the free kick count. It happens for all teams. Yes, St. Kilda have had some shockers, but tell me which club hasnt.

I understand the St. Kilda Board is StKildonans little domain where he can spew his rubbish without being picked up on it by supporters of other clubs, but I just made an observation that he even whinges when St.Kilda wins. For him to come back with comments such as "Sydney and Freo are the umpires' darlings so you would never know how that feels" and "You are completely unqualified in commenting" just shows the pure arrogance of the person, so I decided to waste my time and dig up the stats.

Didn't see that you had edited your post til now.

OK - so I may have gone a little over the top in the emotion of the moment.

But there is definitely something in what I say.

Every club has gripes about umpiring at times, even Sydney.
I was upset at the possibility of a totally dominant team effort being jeopardised by the umpires continuing ire.
This may not give credit to Sydney's part in the revival, but they had not earned a win, even you would admit that. Sydney had almost been given victory by virtue af a grossly disparate free kick count and (what seemed to be) biased decision-making in that last quarter.

StKildonan said:
Didn't see that you had edited your post til now.

OK - so I may have gone a little over the top in the emotion of the moment.

But there is definitely something in what I say.

Every club has gripes about umpiring at times, even Sydney.
I was upset at the possibility of a totally dominant team effort being jeopardised by the umpires continuing ire.
This may not give credit to Sydney's part in the revival, but they had not earned a win, even you would admit that. Sydney had almost been given victory by virtue af a grossly disparate free kick count and (what seemed to be) biased decision-making in that last quarter.

As you know we all see things differently and its very hard not to look at a game through Red, Black and White or in my case Red and White eyes. Half or even more than half the decisions made in a game are interpretation (50/50), and if it was possible to play the game again many of those 50/50 would most likely be different results. Who knows what impact one decision has on a game. We know the impact if it is the last decision, but other than that its all hypothetical.

How do I explain Sydney being the number 1 ranked FA team for 2 years in a row. Buggered if I know. Many non Sydney people would say its our style of play and maybe thats right. I know that if Barry Hall dived or over emphasised, like say a Matthew Lloyd, he would get more free kicks than he does. He doesnt and thats that. Sometimes I wish he would but its not the way he plays.

St. Kildas woes are well documented on this forum. But there have been many times where St.Kilda have had the rub of the green. I dont believe umpires try and bring teams back into the game. I believe umpires are persuaded by home crowds and I believe umpires look at the stats and sometimes even them up. I believe many are incompetent but this is somewhat due to the BS instructions they get. I believe many umpires try and stamp their presence rather than authority on a game. I dont believe umpires blatantly cheat.

A bit off the subject, but if you visit the AFL website you will notice a change in the banner at the top of the page. This change occured 2-3 weeks ago. The banner was as it is now except for the umpires being centre of attention, in colour, in the middle of the banner aroung the AFL logo. A small thing, I know, but it showed the mentality of the AFL to highlight umpires ahead of the players. For some reason it has now dissapeared, so maybe the head knobs 'might' be seeing the light.

As for Saturday nights game, I agree some of the decisions were poor. Deliberate OOB is a farce. The rule itself is a farce. We all get the bad ones though. Luke Ablett V North in the last quarter. Kick 30 metres off the side of the boot called del. OOB. Rubbish decision, the game was in the balance, but thats footy.

St. Kilda won so they deserve it. For me its as simple as that. If Sydney had got up again, I would have no problems saying they deserved it. They did win 2 quarters, tied 1 and lost 1. The game wasnt as clear cut as many are making out, with all Sydney players having new ones torn.

Enjoy the win.

Quality reply - thanks Skipper.

On another off topic subject - I have done well with my AFL tips this week with seven from seven and I picked the 42 pts margin for the Cats / Bombers match.

Now I find myself barracking for Collingwood :eek: (spit) to be a show for the weekly prize (whatever that is).

I feel dirty but here I am watching the match actually hoping Collingwood get up and beat Melbourne :( :( :(

StKildonan said:
Quality reply - thanks Skipper.

On another off topic subject - I have done well with my AFL tips this week with seven from seven and I picked the 42 pts margin for the Cats / Bombers match.

Now I find myself barracking for Collingwood :eek: (spit) to be a show for the weekly prize (whatever that is).

I feel dirty but here I am watching the match actually hoping Collingwood get up and beat Melbourne :( :( :(

Win/Win situation picking Collingwood. If they win you get the 1 point, if they lose, well youre happy anyway.;)