NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting meeting at Vultures last night between certain senior players and new coach.Top line players ready to walk,Gililand basically held to ransom if he leaves.And he wants to leave.

My top 5 in no particular order is Suns,Panthers,Cats,Thunder and Aspley.

Goal kicking Ewing.
Grogan to Illett

Hey, Maurie,
what is going on at the Vultures.

No idea...am in Gladstone!!! Not happy to hear the report...hope its all rumour, gossip and sniping from other Clubs......

It would be pretty poor form if it is all gossip. I go back a year and the word was that morningside had not paid players..... What was the result? That's right they lost nobody and played in a granny! Not writing Mounties off yet. Amazing how clubs find a way when they need to.

That said as the neafl keeps developing and increasing standand, it will most likely get more difficult for the less financial clubs to keep up with the joneses. It's no secret who the money clubs are and are not.

Interesting meeting at Vultures last night between certain senior players and new coach.Top line players ready to walk,Gililand basically held to ransom if he leaves.And he wants to leave.

My top 5 in no particular order is Suns,Panthers,Cats,Thunder and Aspley.

Goal kicking Ewing.
Grogan to Illett

well yes maurie as you suspected, just sniping from other clubs like last year with all the morningside rumors. Have spoken today with a 'senior' player at the vultures and it is all rubbish. Quite surprised to hear it actually. Reckons there has been good numbers at training and in fact the supposed conversation on Thursday night could not have occurred because vultures changed their training night and venue to Friday at Cav Rd due to ground renovations. And by they way the players have been paid for last year.

Top 5 - Thunder, Aspley, Mt Gravatt, Broady and Southport.

Goal kicking - Ewing if he is playing
Grogan - Proud - same informant told me that Albert has lost 5kg and is fairly happy with himself.

well yes maurie as you suspected, just sniping from other clubs like last year with all the morningside rumors. Have spoken today with a 'senior' player at the vultures and it is all rubbish. Quite surprised to hear it actually. Reckons there has been good numbers at training and in fact the supposed conversation on Thursday night could not have occurred because vultures changed their training night and venue to Friday at Cav Rd due to ground renovations. And by they way the players have been paid for last year.

Grogan - Proud - same informant told me that Albert has lost 5kg and is fairly happy with himself.

Pleased to hear it. Surely the suns will end up in top 5 with unlimited. Listed players?

Does anyone know if the rules around the suns are the same for this year? I reckon let them play as many listed as they want but make their top ups academy players.

Just saw the NEAFL web site....moving at a frenetic pace....1 new news story per month..(not quiet, but dont hold your breath)...and see a story about Southports new recruits..

In's are: Simon Seddon (Kyabram): Adam Flagg (ex GWS LIST);Haydn Kiel (Box Hill), Jason Burge (Port Melbourne) and Fraser Pope (Montrose EFL) as well as former GC Suns player Jake Crawford and Callum Carseldine (Western Magpies and Brisbane Lions top up player);Shane Harvey, "brother of North Melbourne champion Brent" (love how they do that...do they realise that Dawn Fazers sister couldnt swim!)), Sam Whish-Wilson, from the VFL and Arnold Knight from Palm-Beach Currumbin

Outs - Payne, Darren O’Brien, Dane Carmody

They in front or not?

Just saw the NEAFL web site....moving at a frenetic pace....1 new news story per month..(not quiet, but dont hold your breath)...and see a story about Southports new recruits..

In's are: Simon Seddon (Kyabram): Adam Flagg (ex GWS LIST);Haydn Kiel (Box Hill), Jason Burge (Port Melbourne) and Fraser Pope (Montrose EFL) as well as former GC Suns player Jake Crawford and Callum Carseldine (Western Magpies and Brisbane Lions top up player);Shane Harvey, "brother of North Melbourne champion Brent" (love how they do that...do they realise that Dawn Fazers sister couldnt swim!)), Sam Whish-Wilson, from the VFL and Arnold Knight from Palm-Beach Currumbin

They in front or not?

Yeah Maurie..
Kiel is their best get. A regular good player with Box Hill in the VFL in 2011 speaks for itself.Will cover the loss of Payne.Burge will be good as will Harvey and Crawford.
After their second half performance of the season in 2011 and with minor losses of good players... plus these recruits , all is shaping up for a good season.... surely they will make the finals this season... potentially grand final material..... but the competition is hot, and a lot of results will fall on which club has a bit of luck with injuries depth, etc etc.
Should be a great season.

Yeah Maurie..
Kiel is their best get. A regular good player with Box Hill in the VFL in 2011 speaks for itself.Will cover the loss of Payne.Burge will be good as will Harvey and Crawford.
After their second half performance of the season in 2011 and with minor losses of good players... plus these recruits , all is shaping up for a good season.... surely they will make the finals this season... potentially grand final material..... but the competition is hot, and a lot of results will fall on which club has a bit of luck with injuries depth, etc etc.

Wow Stuyd.....you have a significantly greater rating and opinion on Kiel than I have....thought he was handy, but nowhere in the same class as Payne. Payne wins the hard balls - Kiel will be up forward.. interesting. Good for the Sharks if youre right.

Vultures long time football manager/volunteer has quit in protest of what is occuring at the club.Did heaps for the club.All not well.Players have not been paid and will not be paid by all reports.May be a PROUD problem.
Had dinner at the Sharks last night,recomend the steak.They are quietly laughing that a promised job for one of their high profile losses has fallen through at another club.Will he return to the coast?
Panthers Lucy has left the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vultures long time football manager/volunteer has quit in protest of what is occuring at the club.Did heaps for the club.All not well.Players have not been paid and will not be paid by all reports.May be a PROUD problem.
Had dinner at the Sharks last night,recomend the steak.They are quietly laughing that a promised job for one of their high profile losses has fallen through at another club.Will he return to the coast?

Wheres Lucy off to?
Unless panthers have some new recruits we arent aware of, with losses already mentioned, going to have a fairly young and inexperienced squad overall? With new coach, new club development officer and lots of young kids certainly now a redevelopment period...

A high profile loss....given they havent had too many, would suggest the loss may not be such a pain.

Yeah Maurie..

Payne is a street ahead of Kiel IMO. I think Burge will be their best recruit, mentioned so far. I think you can add Putt and Connor Pederson to the list of outs.

Ladder Prediction:

Suns
Thunder
Tigers
Cats
Sharks

Grogan: M Clarke
Goalkicking: J Eagle

They in front or not?
Way in Front Maurie.
Arguably the best side in the final 6 rounds last year when they got it together. No significant losses other than Payne. Mills only played in one losing game when he came back. Added some real quality and good depth. Depends on how much other sides improve, but the club acknowledges it under performed for the list they had last year and expect a rise up the ladder.

have they got any younger and have they added any speed.
Carmody and O'Brien have reduced the average age by 5 out on the track. Crawford is only 20 and a few of the other recruits are only early 20's. Had the chance to recruit a few more older players but resisted.

Harvey and Knight have elite speed.

Carmody and O'Brien have reduced the average age by 5 out on the track. Crawford is only 20 and a few of the other recruits are only early 20's. Had the chance to recruit a few more older players but resisted.

Harvey and Knight have elite speed.
Harvey is a gun.

My top 5 is
Thunder,Panthers,Sharks,Suns,Cats.

Payne is a street ahead of Kiel IMO. I think Burge will be their best recruit, mentioned so far. I think you can add Putt and Connor Pederson to the list of outs.

Ladder Prediction:

Suns
Thunder
Tigers
Cats
Sharks

Grogan: M Clarke
Goalkicking: J Eagle

Something against Brisbane? Bloody hot without a decent beach but surely one of their sides will play finals.....

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I'd check your sources. All is quite well at Mounties, in fact I believe they've just had a new sponsor come on board. Do you have a grudge against the club or something? As far as I know, all players have been paid, there are very few financial worries for the upcoming year, and everyone is happy and confident of a good season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back