Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows indeed. I don't think I've seen so many frames where a player gets to a 60+ point lead and still get rolled on the black ball.

Story of my Snooker life and it is usually a freak in off that leads up to it.

Bloody frustrating game to say the least.

Who knows indeed. I don't think I've seen so many frames where a player gets to a 60+ point lead and still get rolled on the black ball.
Happened in the English Open this morning. Selby was cruising in the last game 49 points up and his opponent reeled off 3 reds (all black) and the colours to win the match.

Anyone catch the quarter final of the International snooker championship last night? Best game of snooker I have ever seen. Albeit I have only seen 5 games.

Robertson came back from 2-4 down to Selby to clinch it 6-4. Some outrageous potting and the safety battles were epic.

Should be favourite to take it out from here

http://www.worldsnooker.com/robertson-beats-selby-in-classic/

“The purists and anyone who understands modern snooker would really have appreciated that match. It was break building and potting of the highest standard and just incredible tactical play,” said Robertson. “It was one of the highest standard of matches I have ever played in for sure.

“Mark Selby has won three world titles so that clearly separates us. However, I am working as hard as I possibly can to make sure another one is just around the corner. I would be really disappointed if I retired and had only won one world title.”

Anyone catch the quarter final of the International snooker championship last night? Best game of snooker I have ever seen. Albeit I have only seen 5 games.

Robertson came back from 2-4 down to Selby to clinch it 6-4. Some outrageous potting and the safety battles were epic.

Lisowski is seriously good.

Whoever wins that match will win it IMO.

was watchin that as I was going to sleep last night. some of his long pots were crazy

Lisowski is seriously good.

Whoever wins that match will win it IMO.

Neil in for a hard fought battle now and Lisowski is not missing anything currently he can see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, there's just something about Trump that has you wanting his opponent to win :)
Gee and where do you start!

Born into a rich luxury household and has had the benefit of 1st class coaching from the age of 7yo by his parents who spared no expense on his tuition. John Parris Ultimate Cues ordered for him every few years as he grew taller at 1k pound a pop and the Silver Spoon he has been fed with all his life will always be there. He is a spoilt little campaigner for mine and has no idea what the others at his level have had to put in on their own playing in and growing up in Snooker halls with rack Cues and looking on the street for that next pound.

Selby is the classic polar opposite of where these two players have come from and also Ronnie who also did it hard early on.

Trump is just a Silver Spoon spoilt rich kid who I love seeing get beat!

Our own Neil Roberstson was the same and he had literally $5 to his name and a Parris Cue his father payed for when he left it all in Oz to pursue his dream of being a world champ.

Gee and where do you start!

Born into a rich luxury household and has had the benefit of 1st class coaching from the age of 7yo by his parents who spared no expense on his tuition. John Parris Ultimate Cues ordered for him every few years as he grew taller at 1k pound a pop and the Silver Spoon he has been fed with all his life will always be there. He is a spoilt little campaigner for mine and has no idea what the others at his level have had to put in on their own playing in and growing up in Snooker halls with rack Cues and looking on the street for that next pound.

Selby is the classic polar opposite of where these two players have come from and also Ronnie who also did it hard early on.

Trump is just a Silver Spoon spoilt rich kid who I love seeing get beat!

Our own Neil Roberstson was the same and he had literally $5 to his name and a Parris Cue his father payed for when he left it all in Oz to pursue his dream of being a world champ.

I wasn't aware of the histories of these players, but I've never enjoyed snooker as much as the other night watching O'Sullivan and Selby go head to head, resulting in a black ball win. Sure, Ronnie got some luck, but that's sport. It was a ripper contest. As for Robertson, I only realised the other day when he beat Selby that he was Australian :)

You can always tell how these players feel about each other when you see the way they relate to each other before, during and after a match, and Selby, O'Sullivan and Robertson appear to have enormous respect for one another. However, when they play Judd Trump, they don't appear anywhere near as respectful towards him, and vice versa. What you say is probably why I'm not a Trump fan, I've always been a pretty good judge of character.

My mind boggles when I think of Ronnie's 147 in 5 minutes 20 seconds. That's 36 pots in 320 seconds .... remarkable.

Neil did really well to come back and beat Mark Williams but gotta be said he was lucky Williams missed a simple pot that would've put him 4-1 up

instead went to 3-2 and Neil turned it on and took the next 4 frames to win

Here is that clearance that totally turned the game from a likely 4-1 deficit into 3-2 and game on!

Gee he has nerves of steel and that last Pink he made look so easy, trust me that shot and still holding for the frame winning Black was sensational.

Great stuff NR147. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Neil is through to the Final 4 of the masters after just beating Barry Hawkins 6-3 after being down 2-0.

His long potting is sensational and if this keeps up he is a great chance to beat the little Silver Spoon prick Judd Trump.

The other match is Ronnie V Ding and cannot see ROS dropping that match so pretty fair to say whoever wins out of Neil and Trump will be facing a final against the best ever in Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back