Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Check this out. From the overhead shot, you can see it even swerves around the blue. As close to unrepeatable as you'll ever see. Voodoo indeed!

An amazing effort from Neil Robertson to retain his Tour Championship title. He beat Ronnie O'Sullivan with six straight frames in a row last year, and did the same to John Higgins tonight. Certainly the world's best player on current form.

As I've remarked before, he is probably the best-known Aussie sportsman in the UK.

An amazing effort from Neil Robertson to retain his Tour Championship title. He beat Ronnie O'Sullivan with six straight frames in a row last year, and did the same to John Higgins tonight. Certainly the world's best player on current form.
Beat me to it.
Great comeback.
Higgins played great early on, but choked, with Neil still having to play extremely well to win from 9-4 down.

As I've remarked before, he is probably the best-known Aussie sportsman in the UK.

Can't argue with that. But in a quirk of the points system, Ronnie has become World No. 1 again.

Can't argue with that. But in a quirk of the points system, Ronnie has become World No. 1 again.

Interesting comments from O’Sullivan:

While defeat will be disappointing for O’Sullivan, he has the consolation of returning to the top of the world rankings on Monday.
The 46-year-old feels it is a position Robertson would occupy if he played more tournaments, as he described the 2010 world champion as the best player on the planet.
“It was a good game to be involved in,” O’Sullivan told ITV Sport. “I enjoyed it and have no complaints.
“He played an amazing game. He has an unbelievable technique, so gifted.
“The way he hits the ball and creates angles, different lines and he has loads of options when he is playing a shot.”

O’Sullivan can see no weaknesses in Robertson’s game, as he added: “He is a complete player really, his safety is good as well.
“For me he is the best player in the world. If he played more tournaments he’d probably be world No. 1.
“There are a lot of players who can hold themselves up under pressure. The top four, five,six in the world are capable of playing well, but he’s a phenomenal player in his prime playing some of the best snooker of his career, so credit where it is due.”

Also never knew about this:

BY
EUROSPORT
UPDATED 15/12/2021 AT 18:32 GMT+10

Neil Robertson has revealed he is relieved to return to the snooker table after health problems forced him to miss the Scottish Open last week.
The English Open champion made breaks of 54, 65 and 100 in a 4-0 victory over world number 39 Noppon Saengkham on Tuesday at the World Grand Prix as he set up a meeting with Anthony Hamilton in the last 16 on Wednesday night.

Robertson lost 6-2 to amateur John Astley in a shock defeat in the first round of the UK Championship last month and revealed he could not have continued his defence of the title due to a battle with pulsatile tinnitus in his ears which prompts dizziness and balance problems.

“It has been a tough couple of weeks. I was building up for the defence of the UK Championship, then on the eve of it, this cropped up. Even if I had won my first match there, I would have had to withdraw," said Robertson.

FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS, I FELT AS IF I WAS WALKING ON A BOUNCY CASTLE, MY BALANCE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. THEY PUT ME ON STEROIDS FOR A WEEK, AND I HAD TO PULL OUT OF THE SCOTTISH OPEN.
“I still have a little bit of ringing in the ears in the morning, but nowhere near as bad as it was. And the pulsing has stopped, with my heart racing a million beats a minute for no reason. Hopefully it stays the way it is now.

“For the past week, I have been able to practise. I tried to gradually extend my practice time, bit by bit during the week. I was a still a bit dizzy until the last five or six days when I was back to normal. I’m happy to be in this event because it’s a fantastic tournament to be involved in.”

Also here is a link on his wife's battle with depression and how it affected them both:

Interesting comments from O’Sullivan:

While defeat will be disappointing for O’Sullivan, he has the consolation of returning to the top of the world rankings on Monday.
The 46-year-old feels it is a position Robertson would occupy if he played more tournaments, as he described the 2010 world champion as the best player on the planet.
“It was a good game to be involved in,” O’Sullivan told ITV Sport. “I enjoyed it and have no complaints.
“He played an amazing game. He has an unbelievable technique, so gifted.
“The way he hits the ball and creates angles, different lines and he has loads of options when he is playing a shot.”

O’Sullivan can see no weaknesses in Robertson’s game, as he added: “He is a complete player really, his safety is good as well.
“For me he is the best player in the world. If he played more tournaments he’d probably be world No. 1.
“There are a lot of players who can hold themselves up under pressure. The top four, five,six in the world are capable of playing well, but he’s a phenomenal player in his prime playing some of the best snooker of his career, so credit where it is due.”

He's always been very generous in his praise for NR. They have played some classic matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a huge Jimmy White fan growing up. Seeing this brought back memories. Seeing him get constantly beaten by Hendry in the world finals was pure heartache.

Neil Robertson is through to the second round. He is currently the favourite to win it. Hopefully he can make it number 2.

So, first round completed with no real surprises. In the second round both Ronnie and Mark Williams had super easy wins, but Selby out!!

Neil Robertson in a tough contest against Jack Lisowski, trailing 9-7 (best of 25).
Lisowski in excellent form and given the opportunity, has been very clinical in winning frames.
The real test for him will be whether he has the fortitude to close out the match tomorrow.

Neil Robertson in a tough contest against Jack Lisowski, trailing 9-7 (best of 25).
Lisowski in excellent form and given the opportunity, has been very clinical in winning frames.
The real test for him will be whether he has the fortitude to close out the match tomorrow.
is this broadcasted anywhere mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back