No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

A little unrelated but anyone know why the 1st round of the 2016 draft was so underwhelming? Don't get me wrong, plenty of guns in there, but compared to other years is one of the weakest 1st rounds I've ever seen.

It was a very even draft with no real standouts from memory which explains some of it. But I sort of remember Mick Ablett who is or was one of the AFL academy managers questioned the passion of some of the current generation. Not honing their skills, running etc. He was someone that was very high on McCluggage because he was a half committed quiet type that wasn't that serious then went all in on an AFL career after a deep personal conversation with him. So maybe that's it, lack of genuine commitment from that draft class. I'm not sure.

Yes it does work well for the blues, the fact they’re getting beaten by the best team in the game doesn’t change that…
No it doesn't. Crap theory that rarely works in practice unless it is the 3 or so minutes

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Warner is a really good player but he’s literally got no opposite side, swings hard to the same direction every time. It really annoys me at this level when opposition coaches and players don’t pick up things that are so obvious.

The average AFL player is an athletic beast but not the most skilled or with the highest footy IQ. My guess is the coaches do their best but the players just can’t or won’t follow the instructions.

There’s also a bigger question as to why one of the top players in the comp (and I think most people would agree that Warner is in that bracket) has no opposite side. It’s a professional sport for sure, but there are degrees of professionalism.

WTF?! Unusual for US cops to 'misunderstand' a situation and over-react... 🤪

Be interesting to see what actually happened. If the police were instructing cars to stay stationary because there was a pedestrian fatality and emergency services attending and Scheffler thought the rules didn’t apply to him then he’s rightly arrested.

No idea if that’s what happened, maybe he wasn’t doing anything wrong and it’s an overreaction, but will be following this evening to see what comes out.

The average AFL player is an athletic beast but not the most skilled or with the highest footy IQ. My guess is the coaches do their best but the players just can’t or won’t follow the instructions.

There’s also a bigger question as to why one of the top players in the comp (and I think most people would agree that Warner is in that bracket) has no opposite side. It’s a professional sport for sure, but there are degrees of professionalism.
Kennedy is on to it and has caught him twice, he dropped it once and turned over the other when trying to get it on the outside of his right.

Gun player but a good tagger should be licking their lips if they’ve done 2 minutes of homework.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried to push off a player and got him high seeing he had the ball and lost it. Doubt he get even a fine.

Maybe I’m on the wrong side of this, but you don’t push people off with a raised elbow. If it’s his hand to the chin, fair enough.

Kennedy is on to it and has caught him twice, he dropped it once and turned over the other when trying to get it on the outside of his right.

Gun player but a good tagger should be licking their lips if they’ve done 2 minutes of homework.
Is he all that much worse than most players? Bont springs to mind as someone who has a truly outstanding non-dominant foot. But Macrae, Daniel, Dale, Williams, Baker, Naughton, Richards…pretty much every player that springs to mind is very much weaker on their opposite side.

Zaine Cordy probably up there with the Bont. That left foot was something else.

Is he all that much worse than most players? Bont springs to mind as someone who has a truly outstanding non-dominant foot. But Macrae, Daniel, Dale, Williams, Baker, Naughton, Richards…pretty much every player that springs to mind is very much weaker on their opposite side.

Zaine Cordy probably up there with the Bont. That left foot was something else.
Who can kick a hard and fast drop punt 40 metres on the opposite like the Bont can. Could Leon Cameron?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back