News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched C'mon C'mon with Joaquin Phoenix. Excellent movie and can't believe it hasn't been hyped up! Probably one of the best movies I've seen over the last couple of years.

Phoenix is fantastic and just keeps putting in top notch performances.

Watched C'mon C'mon with Joaquin Phoenix. Excellent movie and can't believe it hasn't been hyped up! Probably one of the best movies I've seen over the last couple of years.

Phoenix is fantastic and just keeps putting in top notch performances.
Never heard of it, but if I had, I would have assumed it had to do with Leyton Hewitt.

It’s a better movie when you try to remove the Batman elements from it. It’s completely unnecessary.
It's not that. I just liked Joker better when I didn't know anything about his back story. I probably shouldn't have watched it because I was never really down with the concept of a Joker origin movie in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arthur Fleck isn’t the Joker. He only is if you let him be.
Which version of the Joker is your favourite?

My list in order of preference:

Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight is the best film version of the Joker.
Mark Hamill in Batman TAS is very good.
Cesar Romero, from the 60's version is iconic.
Jack Nicholson is essentially just playing himself in Batman (1989).
Joaquin Phoenix in the origin film.
The weakest of the bunch is obviously Jared Leto. He sucks.

Which version of the Joker is your favourite?

My list in order of preference:

Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight is the best film version of the Joker.
Mark Hamill in Batman TAS is very good.
Cesar Romero, from the 60's version is iconic.
Jack Nicholson is essentially just playing himself in Batman (1989).
Joaquin Phoenix in the origin film.
The weakest of the bunch is obviously Jared Leto. He sucks.
I’d have Nicholson higher just under Ledger. Leto clearly the worst but actually didn’t mind his cameo in Justice League. Suicide Squad is terrible though.

Came across this article today. They’re doing Batman week so should be some good stuff to come.

There's a shocking review of batman on abc today. Like really bad.

Had heard good things prior to reading that.
Just reading that now, but couldn't get past the first paragraph:

Time has not been kind to the old caped crusader: with each new incarnation, he's strayed further from the campy antics of Adam West, star of the 60s TV show, and become increasingly bitter and twisted – not to mention monosyllabic.

I guess if someone is pining for the campy 60's Batman, then the recent movies won't be for them. Or the Batman comics. Or the Batman animated series. Or the Arkham video games.

While Adam West's Batman was fun, it was not true Batman that most fans know.

Just reading that now, but couldn't get past the first paragraph:

Time has not been kind to the old caped crusader: with each new incarnation, he's strayed further from the campy antics of Adam West, star of the 60s TV show, and become increasingly bitter and twisted – not to mention monosyllabic.

I guess if someone is pining for the campy 60's Batman, then the recent movies won't be for them. Or the Batman comics. Or the Batman animated series. Or the Arkham video games.

While Adam West's Batman was fun, it was not true Batman that most fans know.
Yeah I don't like the reviewer in this case. Some of the lines they quoted sound pretty cringe though.

Loved the Christian Bale version. Will be interesting to see how it is.

Most of what I've heard about The Batman's production suggests its not going to be good. Apparently when studio executives saw a preliminary version of the film a while back, they ordered a s**t tonne of reshoots which is never a good sign.

Yeah I don't like the reviewer in this case. Some of the lines they quoted sound pretty cringe though.

Loved the Christian Bale version. Will be interesting to see how it is.
Bale was the best Bruce Wayne, but I don't know about his Batman. Nolan's vision for those movies was too much. Time hasn't been kind to them. If not for Ledger, I reckon The Dark Knight would not be that well regarded.

Ben Affleck was surprisingly very good in his Batman role.

Have you heard about the new Flash movie, and the cameo by Michael Keaton in a time travel sequence?

Bale was the best Bruce Wayne, but I don't know about his Batman. Nolan's vision for those movies was too much. Time hasn't been kind to them. If not for Ledger, I reckon The Dark Knight would not be that well regarded.

Ben Affleck was surprisingly very good in his Batman role.

Have you heard about the new Flash movie, and the cameo by Michael Keaton in a time travel sequence?
What? His vision was too much? They were friggin awesome movies and if anything time has enhanced them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back