News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my top 5 movies of all time.

Better Off Dead
Fight Club
Predator
two others i can't think of
heat-1200x520.jpg

Most quotable macho movie ever. That scene especially. They don't make 'em like this anymore sadly. Show this flick to a 20-something male now and they'll complain that the characters don't have man-buns, ironic Ned Kelly beards or girls jeans
Yeah! Bloody millennials with their phones and their social media!

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was a brilliant movie IMO...

But Shawshank would have to be one of the greatest.
Look Shawshank is a good movie but not close to the top ten IMO.

the fact that all footballers and cricketers think its the greatest ever movie tells you something of its limitations.

My top 5 (changes all the time depending on my mood)

Casablanca
Almost Famous
Breakfast Club
Lantana
No Way Out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the fact that all footballers and cricketers think its the greatest ever movie tells you something of its limitations.

Casablanca
Almost Famous
Breakfast Club
Lantana
No Way Out
Shawshank is the go to title for footballers who don't read, who know SFA about movies, but 'Shawshank' is a cool name, and 'redemption' is a big word. It sounds good in interviews. Good movie as you said.

Casablanca
Almost Famous
Breakfast Club
Lantana
No Way Out

Not enough Young Frankenstein in this list

It's the offseason, let's talk movies again!

What's your favorite movie(s) with plot twists? (bonus points if you pick good ones that are free on YouTube).

It's the offseason, let's talk movies again!

What's your favorite movie(s) with plot twists? (bonus points if you pick good ones that are free on YouTube).

The plot twist in Bohemian Rhapsody where Freddie knew he had AIDS before Live Aid was pretty out there. As was the part in the film where the band composes 'We Will Rock You' in the studio and Freddie has the short hair and moustache look (whereas in reality they wrote the song in 1977/78 and he still had long hair)

Some movies that I like:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Grosse Pointe Blank
The Castle
The Breakfast Club
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Shawshank Redemption
Happy Gilmore
The Terminator
Rain Man
The Sound of Music
Finding Nemo
Jaws
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Major League

Movies I've enjoyed this year 2018 :

1. Deadpool 2 ......arguably better than the first

2. Ready Player One .....have to watch a few times to grasp

3. Peter Rabbit

4. Game Night .....comedy, if you haven't seen this, do yourself a favor ...a must watch

5. The Equalizer 2 ....as good as the first

International Movies

Animal World ..............The Vanished (south Korea)

upload_2018-11-18_11-5-9.jpeg ....... upload_2018-11-18_11-7-3.jpeg

I'm a fan of this extremely obscure 70s film called Star Wars.

Definitely worth a watch but might be hard to find these days
Do you like the two recent film additions to the Franchise? .....can you watch these two films and enjoy, or do you need to have seen the earlier films ?

I'm a fan of this extremely obscure 70s film called Star Wars.

Definitely worth a watch but might be hard to find these days
I think I saw that once in Primary school.

Do you like the two recent film additions to the Franchise? .....can you watch these two films and enjoy, or do you need to have seen the earlier films ?

The recent films are fine, better than the prequels by a mile but not quite as good as the original trilogy. I understand the criticism of The Last Jedi and the film does have its problems but I reckon a lot of it is incessant whining about irrelevant stuff.

My favorite of the recent ones though is Rogue One. I thought Solo was very disappointing with young Han being completely miscast.

I don't think you need to see the older films to enjoy but you'd probably be missing a lot of context. Some of the best moments are with characters from the original trilogy and you might miss the emotional connection to those characters if you haven't seen the older films. Similarly, you'd be missing those nostalgia hits which is a lot of The Force Awakens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back