News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

The recent films are fine, better than the prequels by a mile but not quite as good as the original trilogy. I understand the criticism of The Last Jedi and the film does have its problems but I reckon a lot of it is incessant whining about irrelevant stuff.

My favorite of the recent ones though is Rogue One. I thought Solo was very disappointing with young Han being completely miscast.

I don't think you need to see the older films to enjoy but you'd probably be missing a lot of context. Some of the best moments are with characters from the original trilogy and you might miss the emotional connection to those characters if you haven't seen the older films. Similarly, you'd be missing those nostalgia hits which is a lot of The Force Awakens
So can I watch this film in isolation and understand it ?

So can I watch this film in isolation and understand it ?
Rogue One? Yeah probably more so than the sequels. While the plot is filling in a story gap from the original trilogy, it's a fresh cast and the action is great

How would you know, you claim to never even bother watching them.
Yes .....but i do read the "one star" reviews ....which always confirms my extreme negativity, which is slightly below my distaste for modern cricket

I watched the new It last night. Not as scary as I thought it would be. Looking forward to Chapter 2.

What are movies people have seen recently that have gone straight to the top 10 list.

For me:

The Departed
Gone Girl

2 movies I’ve watched and thought i wish I could watch them for the first time all over again.

I watched the new It last night. Not as scary as I thought it would be. Looking forward to Chapter 2.

What are movies people have seen recently that have gone straight to the top 10 list.

For me:

The Departed
Gone Girl

2 movies I’ve watched and thought i wish I could watch them for the first time all over again.

Some Superb and New Style Movies:

1. Baby Driver
2. John Wick
3. Get Out
4. Game Night

Some Superb and New Style Movies:

1. Baby Driver
2. John Wick
3. Get Out
4. Game Night
Baby Driver and Get Out are on the “to see” list

A movie that divides opinions. Drive. I love it. Whenever it’s on tv I start watching and can’t look away.

A movie that divides opinions. Drive. I love it. Whenever it’s on tv I start watching and can’t look away.
Please watch Game Night, it's not a ha ha comedy, but very very good

Drive I love, but you're correct, it does divide opinions, because of the lack of dialogue

Drive is awesome. How good is the scene where Albert Brooks stabs that dude in the eye with the fork? Almost as cool as that scene in Only God Forgives where that Thai cop gouges that arrogant British twat eyes out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drive is awesome. How good is the scene where Albert Brooks stabs that dude in the eye with the fork? Almost as cool as that scene in Only God Forgives where that Thai cop gouges that arrogant British twat eyes out.
I like to close my eyes and imagine it’s Hank Scorpio doing that

It's hard to put just 5 in there.

Rocky 1
Shawshank
Empire Strikes Back
Scarface
The Great Escape

If you're into your horror movies, I thoroughly recommend "Shutter". Even though there is a US remake, the original Thai movie is what I recommend watching. Better than the Sixth Sense! That last scene still haunts me today!

If you're into your horror movies, I thoroughly recommend "Shutter". Even though there is a US remake, the original Thai movie is what I recommend watching. Better than the Sixth Sense! That last scene still haunts me today!
I'll watch thanks .....South Koreans make some beauties, but gory .....seen "Oldboy" ?

I'll watch thanks .....South Koreans make some beauties, but gory .....seen "Oldboy" ?
Yes, loved it!
Shutter probably I rate it better than The Eye. These are 2 Thai horror movies. Another good one is Two Sisters from Korea.
Asian cinema is growing stronger with their action/horror flicks.
US cinema is growing stronger with the Superhero/Marvel flicks!

Yes, loved it!
Shutter probably I rate it better than The Eye. These are 2 Thai horror movies. Another good one is Two Sisters from Korea.
Asian cinema is growing stronger with their action/horror flicks.
US cinema is growing stronger with the Superhero/Marvel flicks!
Totally Agree ......Asian Cinema is now bigger than Hollywood

images
images
...... upload_2018-11-19_8-35-28.jpeg ..... upload_2018-11-19_8-37-12.jpeg .....
images

The Raid: Redemption and Raid 2 are great Indonesian action films starring Iko Uwais.

The fight scenes are something else.

Raid 2 is a classic - the kitchen fight is astonishing. I believe they're doing a third to tie it all up, but Iko is the man. How's he's not a household name i don't know - was in Star Wars too.

1. SWEET COUNTRY

It might have closed the year by winning the AACTA Award for Best Australian Film, but this January release spent the whole year as 2018’s finest work

2. ISLE OF DOGS
An incredible feat of both stop-motion animation and refined screen aesthetics from the great Wes Anderson (Grand Budapest Hotel)

3. HEREDITARY
A modern horror masterpiece, slowly and sinisterly building a tower of cower from which there is no coming down.

4. LADY BIRD
Clearly one of the most graceful, funny, alert and alive coming-of-age pictures ever made.

5. THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD
This stunning documentary was a longtime passion project for decorated director Peter Jackson

6. A STAR IS BORN
It might have been the fourth time Hollywood visited this familiar tale of triumph, tragedy and trusting in love when all else fail

7. A QUIET PLACE
This brilliant apocalyptic thriller expanded one basic idea - make a single noise and you die - into a complex mental endurance course.

8. FIRST MAN
While it remains a mystery as to why Hollywood took so long to tell the story of the first successful expedition to the moon, the wait proved to be truly worth it.

9. THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI
Funny, sad, wildly unpredictable and shrewdly insightful, this gripping drama defiantly marched to the beat of its own drum

10. BLACK PANTHER
The first Marvel movie blockbuster to put a superhero of colour at the epicentre of the action didn’t just hit its marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back