News & Events Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Say you catch covid and are vaccinated and it doesn't do much to you, but then next year you get it again (you have had you're booster shot) but are perhaps a bit more sick from a variant that stronger, then the following year you get a mild case...and so on. What happens after we have had it 10 times. We will be allowing it to come, and allowing us to get it multiple times. Will there be some sort of damage to our bodies that will eventually catch up with us and make really sick.
No. The immune system doesn't work like that. Think of it like memories. For example - imagine yesterday you ate a really tasty looking jelly bean that was flavoured like a piece of dog s**t and you ate it and thought, "this is really gross I am never doing that again". But then next year you see a piece of dog s**t that looks delicious but that smells really similar to that jelly bean, and you take a really big sniff of it and it makes you a little woozy, but you remember that jelly bean flavoured dog s**t that you ate last year, and decide not to eat it because it was nasty. And then the year after that, you come across another similar piece of dog s**t that looks really tasty, but maybe this one is a different consistency, and so you have a little nibble, but then before you can go any further it triggers the memory of that dogshit flavoured jelly bean that you really didn't like, and you remember that it is a bad idea so you run away from that particular strain of dogshit.

its just like that.

The jelly bean is the vaccine, and covid is the dogshit.

I woke up this morning positive and hopeful. It went downhill quickly when dictator Dan effectively ruined everything I’ve worked for by locking us down further. I just don’t get it. Then tuned in to the game and we didn’t even give a fight. The Bombers almost reflect my mental state right now beaten down to a pulp. Sun will shine and everything tmrow but this hard Covid lockdown in Victoria is becoming extreme difficult to take and I just don’t get it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I woke up this morning positive and hopeful. It went downhill quickly when dictator Dan effectively ruined everything I’ve worked for by locking us down further. I just don’t get it. Then tuned in to the game and we didn’t even give a fight. The Bombers almost reflect my mental state right now beaten down to a pulp. Sun will shine and everything tmrow but this hard Covid lockdown in Victoria is becoming extreme difficult to take and I just don’t get it

Hang in there mate. Just a game of footy.

Tell me about it - I live in China and locals and other foreigners alike are asking me when Australia became a police state. Makes China look like a libertarian utopia by comparison ☹

I don't get it either. I have always believed things happen for a reason. Its hard to see those reasons especially when you have to wait years on end. My last 12 months has been as s**t as anybody's but try to remember you and I aint alone in living this nightmare out.

What don’t you get? If the community transmission doesn’t drop down far enough easing restriction will only lead to a 3rd wave and far more time in lock down through summer

What don’t you get? If the community transmission doesn’t drop down far enough easing restriction will only lead to a 3rd wave and far more time in lock down through summer

Numbers won’t climb in summer. UV light kills the virus and vitamin D protects the ace-2 receptor protein both limiting the viruses ability to enter the cell (inhibits Epitope/paratope connection)but also limit the over active immune response that causes people to die (cytokines storm). Vitamin D deficiencies during Winter in Melbourne is nearly 50 percent of the population and drops to 13 percent in summer meaning there will be a lot less viable hosts.

Last edited:
Numbers won’t climb in summer. UV light kills the virus and vitamin D protects the ace-2 receptor protein both limiting the viruses ability to enter the cell (inhibits Epitope/paratope connection)but also limit the over active immune response that causes people to die (cytokines storm). Vitamin D deficiencies in Winter in Melbourne is nearly 50 percent of the population and drops to 13 percent in summer meaning there will be a lot less viable hosts.
Why didn't you tell Dan Andrews this in March?

Why didn't you tell Dan Andrews this in March?

I’m certain Andrews is aware of this. Which is why the window was set for the end of winter. Unfortunately the communication about science seems unimportant to Politicians. Maybe because they’ve seen it become politicised in the United States.

“Pending results of such trials, it would seem uncontroversial to enthusiastically promote efforts to achieve reference nutrient intakes of vitamin D, which range from 400 IU/day in the UK to 600–800 IU/day in the USA. These are predicated on benefits of vitamin D for bone and muscle health, but there is a chance that their implementation might also reduce the impact of COVID-19 in populations where vitamin D deficiency is prevalent; there is nothing to lose from their implementation, and potentially much to gain.”

Last edited:
Numbers won’t climb in summer. UV light kills the virus and vitamin D protects the ace-2 receptor protein both limiting the viruses ability to enter the cell (inhibits Epitope/paratope connection)but also limit the over active immune response that causes people to die (cytokines storm). Vitamin D deficiencies during Winter in Melbourne is nearly 50 percent of the population and drops to 13 percent in summer meaning there will be a lot less viable hosts.
How’s that theory working out in the US?

How’s that theory working out in the US?

Different racial demographics. 76% of Black people are permanently vitamin d deficient without supplementation. 35 million people in that demographic alone. Dropped in summer in China and Europe. Not Brazil though where 40% of the population have vitamin d deficiencies.

Different racial demographics. 76% of Black people are permanently vitamin d deficient without supplementation. 35 million people in that demographic alone. Dropped in summer in China and Europe. Not Brazil though where 40% of the population have vitamin d deficiencies.
Wtf are you talking about? The virus has exploded in Europe as well. Black people are more likely to get it in the States because less of them work from home and more have to travel to work and do jobs that are more exposed.

Wtf are you talking about? The virus has exploded in Europe as well. Black people are more likely to get it in the States because less of them work from home and more have to travel to work and do jobs that are more exposed.

“Vitamin D insufficiency is more prevalent among African Americans (blacks) than other Americans and, in North America, most young, healthy blacks do not achieve optimal 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentrations at any time of year. This is primarily due to the fact that pigmentation reduces vitamin D production in the skin.”

EF164AA5-67CC-4931-A4FF-E7857E35766F.jpeg

Spring hits in April, numbers drop. Just hit autumn.

weird thread for it but people should be supplementing vitamin d where they can.

Last edited:

“Vitamin D insufficiency is more prevalent among African Americans (blacks) than other Americans and, in North America, most young, healthy blacks do not achieve optimal 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentrations at any time of year. This is primarily due to the fact that pigmentation reduces vitamin D production in the skin.”

View attachment 955060

Spring hits in April, numbers drop. Just hit autumn.
That’s a 14 yo study. More importantly the theory that a simple lack of vitamin D leads to greater increase in COVID is conspiracy stuff.

In mid July the whole of France had same daily cases as Vic. at around 2-300 a day, we went into lockdown, they didn’t ...in the middle of summer.. on Saturday that figure was 8000 for France whilst we had under 100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a 14 yo study. More importantly the theory that a simple lack of vitamin D leads to greater increase in COVID is conspiracy stuff.

In mid July the whole of France had same daily cases as Vic. at around 2-300 a day, we went into lockdown, they didn’t ...in the middle of summer.. on Saturday that figure was 8000 for France whilst we had under 100.

This study from suggests that 80% of French have vitamin D definicies which is double what melbourne has in winter.

Vitamin D is super important in immune function. It suppresses the function of cytokine cells that spread inflammation. It also specifically helps antigens block coronavirus from hijacking your cells. This isn’t conspiracy, it’s not a cure, it’s significant correlation against a comorbidity.

Here’s a current ongoing study due to finish in December.

Last edited:

See if you can find the rate of hospitalisations and how that compares to an exploding case load.

"Cases" are the possessions of the world of virology.

Nah m8, it'll just disappear in summer. Trump said so.

This study from suggests that 80% of French have vitamin D definicies which is double what melbourne has in winter.

Vitamin D is super important in immune function. It suppresses the function of cytokine cells that spread inflammation. It also specifically helps antigens block coronavirus from hijacking your cells. This isn’t conspiracy, it’s not a cure, it’s significant correlation against a comorbidity.

Here’s a current ongoing study due to finish in December.
France was an example I used, it’s going up in UK, Spain, Italy etc. If you think it’s just vitamin D deficiency ..good luck to you

France was an example I used, it’s going up in UK, Spain, Italy etc

“Discussion: Vitamin D levels are severely low in the aging population especially in Spain, Italy and Switzerland. This is also the most vulnerable group of population for COVID-19.

Conclusions: We believe, that we can advise Vitamin D supplementation to protect against SARS-CoV2 infection.”

France was an example I used, it’s going up in UK, Spain, Italy etc. If you think it’s just vitamin D deficiency ..good luck to you

I don’t think it’s just a Vitamin d defincieny. But the correlation is being reported in a shitload of places. In my spare time in quarantine which I’ve had to do twice due to close contacts, ive read a lot of these studies and tried to educate myself on the related content.

The mechanism of the cure will be how to prevent the virus connecting to your cells. Our natural biomechanics that protect this the most is sufficient vitamin d levels which the kidneys synthesise to fuel the creation of antigen cells which protect the ace-2 protein, the main connection point for the coronavirus. The cure will eventually be something that specifically causes these cells to become super effective at killing the virus.

I don’t think it’s just a Vitamin d defincieny. But the correlation is being reported in a shitload of places. In my spare time in quarantine which I’ve had to do twice due to close contacts, ive read a lot of these studies and tried to educate myself on the related content.

The mechanism of the cure will be how to prevent the virus connecting to your cells. Our natural biomechanics that protect this the most is sufficient vitamin d levels which the kidneys synthesise to fuel the creation of antigen cells which protect the ace-2 protein, the main connection point for the coronavirus. The cure will eventually be something that specifically causes these cells to become super effective at killing the virus.
I wish the studies could prove it is a big factor but there has not been any comprehensive peer reviewed study that has. UK NHS reviewed 5 studies..

Oxford team could find no evidence...

I wish the studies could prove it is a big factor but there has not been any comprehensive peer reviewed study that has. UK NHS reviewed 5 studies..

Oxford team could find no evidence...

“Four of the studies found an association or correlation between a lower vitamin D status and subsequent development of COVID-19. However, confounders such as body mass index (BMI) or underlying health conditions, which may have independent correlations with vitamin D status or COVID-19, were not adjusted for (D'Avolio et al. 2020, Fasano et al. 2020, Ilie et al. 2020 and Laird et al. 2020). Vitamin D status was based on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) levels in 3 studies and the proportion of participants taking a vitamin D supplement in 1 study. The largest UK study (Hastie et al. 2020) found an association between vitamin D status and COVID-19 only in a univariable analysis (with this single potential causative factor). Importantly, no causal relationship between vitamin D status and COVID-19 was found after adjustment for confounders such as comorbidity, socio-demographics, ethnicity, BMI and other baseline factors.”

So the studies had poorly isolated the variables make the data inconclusive. Basically they tested generally sick people with a multitude of potential issues, making them unable to make a causal claim.

Need better studies. I think won’t be available for awhile as it takes 3-4 months to reverse a deficiency with supplementation alone.

Last edited:
I'm okay with 5 cases per day for proper re-opening, since 5 per day with a 14 day illness means that you'd have a cumulative effect of 70-odd infectious people in the state at any one time. Doesn't take much for one of those to go to a restaurant, cough a few times and spread it to a bunch more people and then your R number goes through the roof again.

I do question how they're counting them though. If they start letting returned travellers back into Melbourne then overseas-acquired cases in quarantine shouldn't count towards that number. At least assuming that quarantine is properly secured. Community transmission and mystery cases are far more relevant.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 19.03.05.png

And for whatever it's worth, we haven't averaged 5 cases per day over a 14 day window since the 29th of April.

I dunno, it ripped through most northern hemisphere countries pretty quick during their summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back