News & Events Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Say you catch covid and are vaccinated and it doesn't do much to you, but then next year you get it again (you have had you're booster shot) but are perhaps a bit more sick from a variant that stronger, then the following year you get a mild case...and so on. What happens after we have had it 10 times. We will be allowing it to come, and allowing us to get it multiple times. Will there be some sort of damage to our bodies that will eventually catch up with us and make really sick.
No. The immune system doesn't work like that. Think of it like memories. For example - imagine yesterday you ate a really tasty looking jelly bean that was flavoured like a piece of dog s**t and you ate it and thought, "this is really gross I am never doing that again". But then next year you see a piece of dog s**t that looks delicious but that smells really similar to that jelly bean, and you take a really big sniff of it and it makes you a little woozy, but you remember that jelly bean flavoured dog s**t that you ate last year, and decide not to eat it because it was nasty. And then the year after that, you come across another similar piece of dog s**t that looks really tasty, but maybe this one is a different consistency, and so you have a little nibble, but then before you can go any further it triggers the memory of that dogshit flavoured jelly bean that you really didn't like, and you remember that it is a bad idea so you run away from that particular strain of dogshit.

its just like that.

The jelly bean is the vaccine, and covid is the dogshit.

The regions aren't really in lockdown, they tend to just whack them back in to lockdown for a week if they get cases so it's a different approach.
Different approach but not gonna get tier 2 sites coz Melbourne has to many?

Hmm.

Different approach but not gonna get tier 2 sites coz Melbourne has to many?

Hmm.

Are they going to ignore potential exposure sites in Regional Victoria? I haven't listed to any of the announcements.

In Melbourne ignoring the Tier 2 sites at this point makes sense given we're all under restrictions anyway. Regional Victoria is a different case if they're planning on locking them down again if there's cases.

Are they going to ignore potential exposure sites in Regional Victoria? I haven't listed to any of the announcements.

In Melbourne ignoring the Tier 2 sites at this point makes sense given we're all under restrictions anyway. Regional Victoria is a different case if they're planning on locking them down again if there's cases.
They're going to stop listing Tier 2 sites, including regional Vic.

I mean they basically are now anyway, word of mouth seems to be the only way we're learning of exposure sites within 5 days.

Well that's also a possibility.

In other news we're gonna stop listing Tier 2 sites. I think brings us on par with NSW.
yeah, it's very funny that this is slipping under the radar in NSW when it was a pretty big talking point when NSW did similar (not quite the same, regional areas are still listed in NSW). There's probably more of a case for Victoria sticking with it since Vic's testing numbers have always been on the low side of things, but the large scale publishing of casual exposure sites doesn't really seem to do anything except create worry ("COVID IN YOUR LOCAL SUPERMARKET AND/OR BUS") when transmission hasn't actually been recorded as happening at the site. when you've only got 15 cases and a dozen exposure sites, it's fine but looking at my emails, in NSW a late July daily list had 517 sites + 72 transport related sites which were covid exposure sites....and then 5 sites where transmission between members of the public had actually been recorded as happening . We had this strange discourse around too many people visiting Bunnings because every couple of days a new Bunnings would be listed...but no transmission would actually happen, meanwhile no-one was really discussing transmission between workers at their work place (because NSW Health doesn't release those details to the public). I assume Victoria is tracking towards that and so pulling the pin

Last edited:
yeah, it's very funny that this is slipping under the radar in NSW when it was a pretty big talking point when NSW did similar (not quite the same, regional areas are still listed in NSW). There's probably more of a case for Victoria sticking with it since Vic's testing numbers have always been on the low side of things, but the large scale publishing of casual exposure sites doesn't really seem to do anything except create worry ("COVID IN YOUR LOCAL SUPERMARKET AND/OR BUS") when transmission hasn't actually been recorded as happening at the site. when you've only got 15 cases and a dozen exposure sites, it's fine but looking at my emails, in NSW a late July daily list had 517 sites + 72 transport related sites which were covid exposure sites....and then 5 sites where transmission between members of the public had actually been recorded as happening, all of which . We had this strange discourse around too many people visiting Bunnings because every couple of days a new Bunnings would be listed...but no transmission would actually happen, meanwhile no-one was really discussing transmission between workers at their work place (because NSW Health doesn't release those details to the public). I assume Victoria is tracking towards that and so pulling the pin
Is it? I only learned NSW did it this morning, can't recall it gathering much attention in Vic when they did it. Would assume it's the same in reverse.

Is it? I only learned NSW did it this morning, can't recall it gathering much attention in Vic when they did it. Would assume it's the same in reverse.
yeah, nsw did it in late August. entirely reasonable for people in Victoria to have not noticed, but if you were someone in NSW who complained when they did it in August, and now are saying nothing when Victoria comes to the same point....old mate Bill Bowtell did some tweets as is his way and got a stack of RTs and is yet to say anything on Victoria.

Last edited:
yeah, nsw did it in late August. entirely reasonable for people in Victoria to have not noticed, but if you were someone in NSW who complained when they did it in August, and now are saying nothing when Victoria comes to the same point....old mate Bill Bowtell did some tweets as is his way and got a stack of RTs and is yet to say anything on Victoria.
My point is maybe it's also entirely reasonable for people in NSW to have not noticed we did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start doing those deals now government or better yet build the capability to produce it mass scale here and provide to this country and our neighbours.

Start doing those deals now government or better yet build the capability to produce it mass scale here and provide to this country and our neighbours.
if only the government didn’t s**t all over the 1 vaccine we can make here!

if only the government didn’t sh*t all over the 1 vaccine we can make here!

The media and ourselves did that. The government may have botched the messaging but the fire was spread by social and mainstream media.

The media and ourselves did that. The government may have botched the messaging but the fire was spread by social and mainstream media.
I didn't! I'm on record of supporting the AZ vaccine

but yes - I get your point!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back