North Hobart Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

It is called a little newspaper up North called "The Examiner" buddy.

Jucied up, I wouldn't call it inside knowledge knowing that Robbie is the second highest game player, seeing that it was mentioned through the papers before and after his retirement.

Hardnut 69, you are right, like most supporters, I do not have involvment within the club, but I think like most people who have no involvement have a right to be unhappy with Robbie not being given a farewell game.

mate it wasnt in the examiner either!!
farwell game.......... i didnt know 25000 people where going to turn out for a farewell game.
what if he pulled the pin mate and didnt want one?

How do you mean "what if"? Hasn't the newspapers and NHFC president said that he pulled the pin and didn't want that? Or did you fail to read that also???

All im saying is, it would have been nice for him to have had one due to his sefvice, but if he didn't want one, fine.
I heard he didn't have an option of a farewell game. We know you can't always believe what is printed in the paper.

I heard this morning that Streety has done his knee & will need surgery & will miss the rest of the season, is it true? can anything else go wrong?

It says in todays paper thats the case. Maybe they should give him a farewell game too before his operation?

Well when a club has a website, and update there newsletter often; it's quite easy to keep up with these things.
And surely you recognised that I used "would" in my comment, which implies that it is my opinion, and doesn't have to be fact. It is just my opinion.

Sounds personal then! :p

Come on Guy's, Brownie has a job to do and that is to win North Hobart a flag. When you are the coach of a team, you are not going to keep everyone happy and you are going to tread on a few toes.
As it is now, I'd have to say that the people that matter at North Hobart would have to be quite happy with Brownie and that is all Brownie has to worry about. Sitting third on the ladder, being in his first year of coaching and having introduced a fair chunk of new players, I can't see why people are bagging him!
Al Clarkson upset quite a few of the old Hawk boys when he came to the club, Shane Crawford included. 3 years later he is a premiership coach. Brownie is a similar type to Al on and off the field. A real yapper on and beats to his own drum off the field, but he has only one thing in mind whilst he is coach at North and that is to win a flag!
How about letting Brownie coach out the year and see what he delivers before getting on a forum and making up rumours and innuendo that does him nor the club any favours.

He's still a snuff and poor dance moves on the circuit. :eek:

Saw Bear Robinson out saturday night too, he looks like he's eaten a sheep and half a sofa!

Because you're really well placed to make that assumption. Oh sorry, you're 'the expert' right? My mistake. :rolleyes:

Look Northhawker. I have nothing against your club but how can Brown coach when he has not matured as an adult. Any coach who wears a mouth guard with an inscription of ' I am a jet' is a little of the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look Northhawker. I have nothing against your club but how can Brown coach when he has not matured as an adult. Any coach who wears a mouth guard with an inscription of ' I am a jet' is a little of the mark.

Haha, You Muppet! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Get your facts right before having a crack at someone!

Oooh deary me.
Jett is his son's name, not a personal opinion.
Surely showing a bit of love for his family is a sign of 'adult maturity' that you seem to think is so vital to coaching.

Brown wouldn't get a gig coaching Co*k Knocker Creek's reserves.
character0053.gif
6-4 isn't exactly a great result from him so far.

here come the nibbles.

Yeah woulda been nice if it worked out for robbie to get a farewell game in an ideal world, but it didnt work out, browny made a tough decision and didnt take the easy way out, and put the clubs best interests first. Thats maturity for someone in their first year of coaching, of course he woulda known he might cop a bit of stick for it, but didn't shy away from it.

As for norths record they havent had their best team on the park together since round 1 or 2, terrible run with injuries thus far, and 2 of the 4 losses are to clarence... Not doing too bad for a first year coach, and still a long way to go in the season. have to remember this time last year the roos were 3rd or 4th favourite for the flag behind Glenorchy and Burnie, and look how much changed come finals time, and indeed to now. A long way to go before we start pointing fingers making assumptions and pouring sht on ppl from behind the safety of you computer screens...

That's his son's name cobba. Go easy champ.

Think you will find it's his son's middle name, couldn't get Campbell written across the front so he settled on the middle. Still, he hasn't matured as an adult, i hear he has a facebook profile and writes on forums under fake names :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry to hear about your coach Cooee, been one of if not the best player in the state for the last decade. :thumbsu:

Little birdie tells me that most of the coaching at North Hobart isnt done by Brown, but by Steve Woods. Did a great job at Lauderdale when he was there to almost get them into a prelim final before DeGooyer:eek: was gifted the job. He all know how that turned out.;) Wonder how well those two get along now??

He did play last week, and started on a Hobart twos player. From what I heard he came of second best too :thumbsu:

I find that hard to believe, but i guess what you hear is always correct. Great to see him playing still at the dees! Was alot of talk when he retired he was actually not happy at north and was looking for a clearance to another club. Hopefully now he gets the club record he deserves, it was certainly a pleasure playing against him and with him in rep sides. One of the few true characters of the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back