NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Obvious choice coming up is Roode vs McIntyre, Would love Adam Cole to join NXT this year, he's a huge star already and I think would be an excellent addition to the roster. With he likely departure of Nakamura and Dillinger, the Roster looks a bit light on for a big Babyface (Unless Kassius Ohno finds some ring attire that makes him look believable).

The talk is that Adam Cole is joining WWE in the near future. The problem is (I think it was him) he doesn't want to go to NXT.

Once this new crop of guys get elevated to the main roster post Mania there will probably be a huge influx of indie guys and developmental guys ready to debut. I even wouldn't be surprised if they eventually decide to give Jose a push.

The talk is that Adam Cole is joining WWE in the near future. The problem is (I think it was him) he doesn't want to go to NXT.

Once this new crop of guys get elevated to the main roster post Mania there will probably be a huge influx of indie guys and developmental guys ready to debut. I even wouldn't be surprised if they eventually decide to give Jose a push.
Which indy guys?

I really wish Almas wasn't a jobber

Not sure as I don't watch any indy promotions but from what I have read/heard there are a few that are in talks.

I agree Almas shouldn't be a jobber but until his English improves I reckon he'll stay that way. He could have a route similar to Sami Zayn.

Pretty sure Cole said on Stone Cold's podcast that he'd like to start in NXT.

Like I said I think it was him. I read one of the indy guys wanted to go straight to the main roster like AJ did.

It might have been Omega but he is signed elsewhere for the near future isn't he?
Still at NJPW but those comments were around the time of Wrestle Kingdom where there was uncertainty on the length of his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so card for next Takeover show in May (day before Backlash) so far based on today's tapings:
Roode vs Itami (NXT Title)
Asuka vs Ruby Riot vs Nikki Cross vs Ember Moon (NXT Women's Title)
Authors of Pain vs DIY (NXT Tag Titles, Ladder match)
tag match will steal the show as always. also expect them to do
drew mcintyre/galloway vs almas

The top end of NXT could be heating up with Alesteir Black and the return of Drew McIntyre. I could see both easily main eventing in the main roster at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back