Old football footage - Trade, collect, buy etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2005
Hobart Hurricanes Central
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sydney Thunder, Freo, GWS, Canes
Hi, I collect AFL matches in full, I mainly collect Adelaide games but I have a vast collection of AFL, VFL, SANFL, WAFL etc.
Unfortunately this footage was only partly available on Name A Game, while others the AFL don't even have.

Looking for people who have collection's themselves or boxes of videos they recorded and no longer want, please don't throw them out!

There are many people out there who would love to see these games again including former players, coaches etc.

Happy to trade or sort something out, I have 1,000s
Former players are welcome to get in touch :)

I'm located in Tasmania, with contacts in most states and happy to trade Australia wide.

I have sourced from the likes of YouTube, Aussierules, and have contacted the AFC, AFL and a couple of players and coaches already 2048361541.jpg

On CPH1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crazy at how poorly archived the old footy broadcast were.
I don't mind my pro wrestling, its rare that any of the major companies lost any footage over the years, they provide a large percentage available to the public in full telecast with bonus footage, while AFL is the complete opposite

I don't mind my pro wrestling, its rare that any of the major companies lost any footage over the years, they provide a large percentage available to the public in full telecast with bonus footage, while AFL is the complete opposite
I'm a big boxing fan and have been collecting for years, it seems the US television networks realised how important it was to archive and maintain important sporting events where as Channel 7 especially has been a disgrace.

The thing that gets me, is, ok, you hear the stories about channel 7 Melbourne (HSV) basically throwing out, taping over or fires destroying the footage but what about channel 7 interstate, nsw, sa and wa etc. Did they do the same? The ABC, surely they have full telecasts archived. How about WAFL and SANFL matches, channel 9 and telecasted games aswell in those respective states. Surely some stuff has to be somewhere! It never sees the light of day though. I have been watching old wafl and sanfl stuff on youtube. I saw a a few sanfl finals as a kid, I liked it. I never watched any wafl but from the grand finals on youtube, I am up to 1983, it's brilliant stuff, honestly maybe better to watch than the vfl. I would enjoy obtaining quality recordings of those leagues. The good thing is that I don't know the results of the wafl gf's when I watch :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that gets me, is, ok, you hear the stories about channel 7 Melbourne (HSV) basically throwing out, taping over or fires destroying the footage but what about channel 7 interstate, nsw, sa and wa etc. Did they do the same? The ABC, surely they have full telecasts archived. How about WAFL and SANFL matches, channel 9 and telecasted games aswell in those respective states. Surely some stuff has to be somewhere! It never sees the light of day though. I have been watching old wafl and sanfl stuff on youtube. I saw a a few sanfl finals as a kid, I liked it. I never watched any wafl but from the grand finals on youtube, I am up to 1983, it's brilliant stuff, honestly maybe better to watch than the vfl. I would enjoy obtaining quality recordings of those leagues. The good thing is that I don't know the results of the wafl gf's when I watch :).
I had a tape that came from a 2000s crows player, under the sticker labelled with his game (recorded off tv) was a master tape of Brisbane vs Adelaide in a trial match from 1994 that I am chasing any type of footage of

Would like to see the AFL strike a deal with Google and upload all their past matches on YouTube. Lots of copyright stuff prevents them from doing so.
What sort of copyright stuff? The AFL apparently owns all old footage according to this article so what's the problem?

On the AFL’s part it says its open to collaboration.

“The AFL holds copyright in all historical match vision,” a spokesperson told CODE Sports.

“But we are receptive to working with fans to preserve our game‘s history.”

Just found an akai e-180 tape in great condition. I recorded this from the tv when I was 15 back in 1989. Wrestlemani IV, main event from channel 10, Savage v Dibiase, followed by Rocky 3, ads removed from channel 10. Then Jeff Fenech v Marcos Villasana, 36 mins from 9's wide world of sports, nearly the whole fight. Followed by Fenechs retirement press conference and an interview with Jana Wendt from ' A Current Affair' ,9 news report from Ken Sutcliffe on Wayne Gardner winning the aussie grand prix, Spike Cheneys revenge match v the russian who beat him for gold in olympics and two short news reports on Leonard v Hearns 2. Excdllent pic and sound on the tape. I recorded it on my toshiba vcr which had amazing pic quality for its day.

Far more important event I know, for a number of reasons but all I can say is that I am glad Channel 7 weren't tasked with the protection of the WW2 archives!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back