TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't you think Optus are mad for doing the same?

Never said I didn't. But Foxtel and BeIN aren't one and the same. If they win the rights, they should look to offer to as many options as possible. Fetch have BeIN Sports 1, but can't get 2&3 until the current contracts are finished (at least that's what they say on social media). Come the reset, they should be offering all 3 on Fetch to those who don't want to pay for other stuff to get what they want. On Fetch, you can sub to BeIN Sports and nothing else if you want...

And, no, I don't work for Fetch either :p

If they credit Optus Sport for the increase in growth why do they not quote statistics for new subscribers who have registered for an Optus Sport account? It appears to me that they would have gotten growth regardless of Optus Sport. Their biggest problem is the availability of EPL streams - football fans aren't going to sign a new mobile phone contract just to get a stream or they will use a mate who has Optus Sport that has no interest in the PL to watch it. I agree that they'll bid again but for a vastly reduced sum. They overpaid massively on the last lot of rights - of that there is no doubt.
Genuine question - why do you still care so much?

The service has improved in quality of late. I wouldn't be signing a mobile phone or internet deal with Optus just to get it though.

I changed to Optus, im paying the same i was with Telstra but now get an extra 12Gbs a month, optus sport and the fetch mini.

That seems a pretty sweet deal.

Just on principle? They have pretty sweet deals most of the time and all the telcos are as bad as each other so I had no qualms switching from Voda.

Service isn't good enough in my area plus I am under contract. If Optus provided equivalent service and I wasn't under contract I would give them a go if they had the best deal.

* it, Optus is 1M times better than Fox. There, I said it. Foxtel cam go for in a hole for all the years of ripping people off. Even now I've just cancelled it because I'm moving house and they literally want to charge me $150 for a technician to come out and plug my box into the wall....which already has the fox points...and work...

**** it, Optus is 1M times better than Fox. There, I said it. Foxtel cam go for in a hole for all the years of ripping people off. Even now I've just cancelled it because I'm moving house and they literally want to charge me $150 for a technician to come out and plug my box into the wall....which already has the fox points...and work...

You didn't do it right, I've never paid for moving, I also call up to cancel because I'm moving.

My Foxtel deal is pretty sweet currently. I only pay like $60 (50% credit) for everything as a loyalty customer, I have to call up every six months to re-activate it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sorry, I don’t read every single post on this board due to the attitude from you and cryuff

The combination of you two and Optus basically scuttled my interest in non-fcum football post Leicester.

Forza foxes.

..Ok.

All I was saying was it had already been discussed in this thread at great length and that there were a fair chunk of games not televised.

Woweee oh boy Optus are mongs.

So the Mrs had a contract with Optus last year - $85 a month - which made us eligible for Optus Sport - my contract was up for renewal at the same time, so I dropped it down to $45 a month because her plan had 11GB and we could get Optus Sport with it.

Anyway, fast forward to this year, and she could get a work phone (through Telstra) paid for, which means she had to cancel the contract with Optus. We received a package to return the Fetch Mini in the mail this week, which caught us completely by surprise as I completely forgot we got Optus Sport with part of her plan.

Went into Optus yesterday and spoke to some young fella (probably 18 or 19), and we explained the circumstances. The kid tells us that there is no way we can get Optus Sport because it is not offered as a stand alone feature etc etc. I explained I had contract with Optus and he's like nah sorry, there is no way you can do it because it is not part of the plan. I walked out of the store pretty pissed off.

Contacted Optus Chat today (excellent feature btw) and explained our circumstances. Bloke advised me this is indeed possible, adds Optus Sport for $20 a month.

I also asked about the cancelation/termination fee for the mrs phone (contract was due to expire next Feb), and they advise me no termination or cancelation fees will apply :D

A very successful outcome all round, considering I got told two different things in two days.

Technically speaking the kid was right, the difference is the people in retentions at the other end of support chat - and this goes for Optus, Telstra, Vodafone, everyone - are allowed to break just about any rule they want to retain you as a customer, so long as it's still a profitable contract. If the kid in the store had made a similar offer he'd probably get a reprimand from the manager.

Technically speaking the kid was right, the difference is the people in retentions at the other end of support chat - and this goes for Optus, Telstra, Vodafone, everyone - are allowed to break just about any rule they want to retain you as a customer, so long as it's still a profitable contract. If the kid in the store had made a similar offer he'd probably get a reprimand from the manager.
Very true, I've been on half price Austar and newspaper subscriptions for the last two years because i keep crying poor.

Oh? How? They really could have made things so much simpler.

Optus have no idea what's going on. Plenty of the 14 day trial accounts still work for PL access. The mobile account my Optus Sport account is tied to was cancelled 6 months ago. Fetch mini stopped working for me but the Optus Sports login still works fine to this day.

Ratts of Tobruk has the same scenario. It looks better for advertising is our theory as to why it happens. Try your missus Optus Sport login and see if it works still.

Foxtel & Ch 7 has AFL
Foxtel & Ch 7 has Cricket
Maybe Foxtel & 7 can have the EPL
What a great idea lets hope so anyway
There goes one of the great Aussie sporting treasures. The Ch9 intro.

Optus have no idea what's going on. Plenty of the 14 day trial accounts still work for PL access. The mobile account my Optus Sport account is tied to was cancelled 6 months ago. Fetch mini stopped working for me but the Optus Sports login still works fine to this day.

Ratts of Tobruk has the same scenario. It looks better for advertising is our theory as to why it happens. Try your missus Optus Sport login and see if it works still.
It works on the phone, though they advised me in store that it would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back