Papers stamped tonight, Jacobs, Douglas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight/Friday night should shut the door on any further games from Douglas in the AFL.

Thank you for your service, win a SANFL flag and adios muchachos

Sam Jacobs ditto
Didn't you see that long bomb Dougy kicked ??

I know this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I am beginning to think that Betts is done.

A friend of mine made the call last year that Betts was cooked, but I didn't want to believe it.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy as much as anyone, but aside from kicking 12 goals against GC in two games what else has he done this year? Once again tonight he had absolutely minimal impact which has become common place this year for him in big/tough games.

Eddie has struggled post Charlie Cameron and think as a last resort the club needs to bring in Stengle for the rest of the year. Play him and Eddie together and get a gauge on whether another small will help relieve the pressure off of Eddie and hopefully get him back to making an impact. We have nothing to lose and if it doesn't work then the club might need to make the hard call with him at the end of the year.

Last edited:
I know this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I am beginning to think that Betts is done.

A friend of mine made the call last year that Betts was cooked, but I didn't want to believe it.

Don't get me wrong I love the guy as much as anyone, but aside from kicking 12 goals against GC in two games what else has he done this year? Once again tonight he had absolutely minimal impact which has become common place this year for him in big/tough games.

Eddie has struggled post Charlie Cameron and think as a last resort the club needs to bring in Stengle for the rest of the year. Play him and Eddie together and get a gauge on whether another small will help relieve the pressure off of Eddie and hopefully get him back to making an impact. We have nothing to lose and if it doesn't work then the club might need to make the hard call with him at the end of the year.

That whole Cameron part is just an optimistic fantasy seeing that had no impact. Eddie declined hard in the second half of 2017. His 2018 was actually a minor improvement on that stretch.

He is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back