Skills Perceived pressure for new player

Remove this Banner Ad

Hungryhaydo

Debutant
Apr 8, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey all

Never played football before and at the ripe age of 23 giving it a go...

It's great and I love it..just struggling with perceived pressure as when I have the ball I get the feeling that im gonna get tackled immedielty which affects my decision making..

Are there any ways around this, or just experience with the game?

Hey all

Never played football before and at the ripe age of 23 giving it a go...

It's great and I love it..just struggling with perceived pressure as when I have the ball I get the feeling that im gonna get tackled immedielty which affects my decision making..

Are there any ways around this, or just experience with the game?

Same boat as you mate, would love some advice on this too.

for me it comes down to confidence. If i have been playing pretty well for the past few weeks i feel as though i have all the time in the world when i get the ball and run with it on every occasion. If ive had a few bad games then i feel as though i need to get rid of the ball asap as i might get tackled.

I guess for new players it just comes down to a sense of awareness. Knowing your surroundings. If you play in the backline as a new player you may feel under more pressure when you get the ball because your decision making is very important.

I guess if i could give you 1 tip it would be to never stay flat footed.. if you get the ball run with it immediately.. even if its only a few steps. being still and staying in 1 place only makes it easier for the opposition to lay a tackle.

for me it comes down to confidence. If i have been playing pretty well for the past few weeks i feel as though i have all the time in the world when i get the ball and run with it on every occasion. If ive had a few bad games then i feel as though i need to get rid of the ball asap as i might get tackled.

I guess for new players it just comes down to a sense of awareness. Knowing your surroundings. If you play in the backline as a new player you may feel under more pressure when you get the ball because your decision making is very important.

I guess if i could give you 1 tip it would be to never stay flat footed.. if you get the ball run with it immediately.. even if its only a few steps. being still and staying in 1 place only makes it easier for the opposition to lay a tackle.

Kool advice dude..

Thanks

It's def a matter of Confidence I would say...I'm one of the bigger blokes at my club (strength and muscular wise), especially in the twos..

But judging when to take a player on or not would be dependent on the player and the speed differences right?

Once you get the ball do you put on 100% effort and sprint till you can dispose of it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back