Picioane

Remove this Banner Ad

Grendel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Spanish Announcers table
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think it was GM who asked for some thoughts on Lance in another thread.

Okay, like about him
is footy smart, reads the play very well, solid and not afraid to dish it out, seems to be able to find the pill in heavy traffic (an area we are very poor in) and creative with his hands. Feeds well to others and appeals as a good middle type 'link' through player.

Dont like,
Slow, tendency to look lazy (might just be cause he is slow) could work harder on picking up his man,seems put of his game if he cant get into the flow early on.

I personally like Lance and believe he can become a very valuable player, but he must work at it (for reasons outlined above) he is more of the 'old fashioned natural' footballer than an athlete. Given that he improves little things (like PACE) over summer i can see him devolping into a pretty handy player for us in the next few years.

Would like to hear what others think too, cheers.

Good analysis Grendel thanks for that.
I don't particularly know why but I really rate the guy on what I saw. Please note only live twice. It's a fuuny thing but so many players with the slow mark turn out exceptional- Ratten, Misiti as 2 examples but they have worked their socks off to be consistent.
The laziness will have to be conqured for him to get to the top.
Given a big preseason he should get a start for all the Ansett Cup games in midfield all day(hold the rotation for the real stuff- easier on Crawford, Chick & Harford who will carry our midfield during the season
Goatmaster
The Prime Minister of the principality of Mooball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back