Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Most clubs had a run around last week or over the weekend. Unsure of any more coming up before season starts though
Tungamah played Bright, not sure on result. Heard Katandra beat Rumbalara pretty easy on Friday night and Murchison are playing Katamatite this coming Saturday. Should be interesting.

Tungamah played Bright, not sure on result. Heard Katandra beat Rumbalara pretty easy on Friday night and Murchison are playing Katamatite this coming Saturday. Should be interesting.
Bright absolutely dominated Tungamah on a sand pit at Bright. Think Tungamah only kicked 3-4 goals…. How will they feature this year on the ladder?

Bright absolutely dominated Tungamah on a sand pit at Bright. Think Tungamah only kicked 3-4 goals…. How will they feature this year on the ladder?
Tungamah maybe had a few out. I'd think they would still be top 4. Not sure who's picked up who. Recruiting news seems pretty quiet unless someone can shed some light.

My previous post was deleted. So I'll try again.

Very poor from Shepp news not bothering with a full pdfnl review in the yearly magazine. Does ANYONE know why that is

Probably the difference between journalism and reporting…..
One seeks out information ie calls the relevant clubs and coaches, asks the relevant questions and writes the work for publishing
The other just reprints what is provided to them, often pretty verbatim with no personal input.

Or are you indicating that the league intentionally prevented access to individual clubs preventing compilation of any material?

From the outside it just looked like another example of either Shepparton News laziness or a reflection of the close relationship they have with AFL GM

IMO it doesn’t make any sense the league wouldn’t want to be included

Probably the difference between journalism and reporting…..
One seeks out information ie calls the relevant clubs and coaches, asks the relevant questions and writes the work for publishing
The other just reprints what is provided to them, often pretty verbatim with no personal input.

Or are you indicating that the league intentionally prevented access to individual clubs preventing compilation of any material?

From the outside it just looked like another example of either Shepparton News laziness or a reflection of the close relationship they have with AFL GM

IMO it doesn’t make any sense the league wouldn’t want to be included
News Editors decision to reduce PDFNL coverage.

See Berrigan dont have the numbers to field a Thirds side this year and have advised the league....thats just sad ,, shows the sad state of affairs country footy is in reference to these issues

See Berrigan dont have the numbers to field a Thirds side this year and have advised the league....thats just sad ,, shows the sad state of affairs country footy is in reference to these issues

I see on FB Berrigan have a last chance meeting for their 3rds tomorrow evening. An interesting part of the post was incentives and renumeration to be discussed at the meeting..
So where does that leave the 3rds comp, how many clubs won't be fielding 3rds this year
No one wants to see clubs struggling for numbers , but it's not looking good for the lower grades , also hear blighty struggling for 4ths this year on top of no thirds last year. Hopefully they can get something going for the kids out there

Why is it poor from the Shepp news mate they can only print what the league supplies to them
That’s bullshit swoopin pie , league has never been contacted by shepp news to supply any information for their lift out they have contacted clubs directly.
Collingwood being 0-3 has made you delirious .
Whilst the PDFNL , unlike some apparently , has always engaged with the Shepp News for any request for information .

Last edited:
At season launch last night Mathoura reported having 12 in all grades of netball senior and juniors , in excess of the minimum 18 for both junior grades of footy as well as very good number in senior grades . I’d think even the most optimistic person would have feared for that clubs existence only 18 months ago . Likewise , Blighty reported good netball numbers and are expecting a. Far more competitive senior football side .
Neither club could have rebounded having 41-42 points and it just goes to show how quickly things can change , particualrly if clubs can get some stability off field .
Jerilderie also confirmed they will be fielding u17’s .
Unfortunately Berrigan’s optimism from only a week ago regarding u17’s wasn’t able to come to fruition.

That’s bullshit swoopin pie , league has never been contacted by shepp news to supply any information for their lift out they have contacted clubs directly.
Collingwood being 0-3 has made you delirious .
Whilst the PDFNL , unlike some apparently , has always engaged with the Shepp News for any request for information .
You’d think in your position you would know that’s ok But my really good info from a Shepp news journo says different any way that’s my info and I’ll state accordingly
PS A Richmond flog having a go at a Collingwood supporter haha that’s a bit rich ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think in your position you would know that’s ok But my really good info from a Shepp news journo says different any way that’s my info and I’ll state accordingly
PS A Richmond flog having a go at a Collingwood supporter haha that’s a bit rich ??

Mag was pulled together late with low resources due to staff turnover . Particularly within sport in outer reaching mcmedia affiliated papers who have assisted in gathering info from some of the more remote pdfnl clubs distanced from Shepparton . Some of those clubs key people due to remoteness and jobs can take a bit to get ahold of and I wouldn’t be surprised if some have all media blocked . They’ll get more than they’d fair share of coverage in their local paper.
Malthouse / McRae / Leppitsch, Collingwood richmond wannabes . If umps don’t screw Brisbane you’l be 0-4 😂 😂
Maybe get ya journo informant to dry behind their ears and talk to their management 😜

see Berrigan defeated Toc easily today ... have Berrigan improved a lot or is Toc not looking good

Berrigan had several ringins by the looks of the team sheet. Understand getting a win on the board but not a true reflection of the year ahead I'd think

Good effort by Mathoura to get all 4 teams back on the park, there’s hope for those clubs without thirds this year.
Interesting post Mathoura shared calling ‘Picola Pansies’, Picola got the last laugh in the end.

They’ve had a few very talented kids go off and do well when playing at other comps . Eg Yelland , Gorman to name a couple . Unfortunately it serves as encouragement for others to try the same , whilst for to long the club has probably had some ex juniors coming in and out of the club from year to year and being destructive during their time at the club .
They had a very strong u14 side and maybe they’ve decided they wish to change the culture that these kids come into .
In regards to the re-holding of the AGM the club , my understanding is the club wanted new people within the committee to drive new direction and the club now has the largest committee it’s had for some time .
Clubs often just keep doing what is common and at times they need to make change for the long term betterment which comes with short term pain .

Just curious - is this comment in reference or connected to the player you mentioned in the Murray thread over the weekend as not having taken the field for Mul's opening game despite being BOG in the granny last year?

Who played for cobram after Berrigan toc game ?
Without being there and based purely on the team sheets (that you'd hope are accurate).

I'd assume the only double up is Paulie Degei, who would be the Bushies listed player from Cobram who played against Barooga in both the 3rds and Seniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back