Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If the pdfl pull this off, other areas will be taking note and will pull away from the afl, if they can get 30 clubs into a 2 division league it could be the way forward with a junior system in place
It's great to have a junior system in place... if you've got the junior players, which many clubs are struggling with

They'd probably be happy with 20 or 22 to get it up and running and take it from there.

No doubt a number of leagues will be watching with a view to seeing what can be done while disaffiliated.

Geelong & District has been a long term opponent of the AFL influence without taking that final step. A successful two division comp would make some other leagues seriously consider the idea of cutting ties as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would only need 3 teams to achieve a 9/9 split.
So if 3 extra who would you put where for 9:9 split?
Or if got all the 5 extra suggested who lands with who for 10:10 split, assuming all current clubs continue?

Also can you see any senario where Hay might be considered for entry to the PDFNL?

While the PDFNL thread has been a great read so far this year and some important league developments have been surmised, why has there been no mention of any actual football games, results, players, performances etc etc.

Just curious to hear of anyone's views on what is actually going on from a 2024 playing front.

Or if got all the 5 extra suggested who lands with who for 10:10 split, assuming all current clubs continue?

Also can you see any senario where Hay might be considered for entry to the PDFNL?
Hay, Coleambally.
If Hay came in, I could only really see them in a NSW comp. In saying that it’s still a 2.5 hr drive from Rennie to Hay, so I don’t think that would be well recieved.

If Murch, Tally, Shepp E, Dookie & Undera were to enter I would split as follows.

N.W - Mathoura, Deni, Blighty, Jerilderie, Berrigan, Toc, Yarroweyah, Strathy, Katunga & Picola.

S.E - Rennie, Tungamah, Katy, Waaia Katandra, Shepp E, Dookie, Murchison, Tally & Undera.

N.W - Mathoura, Deni, Blighty, Jerilderie, Berrigan, Toc, Yarroweyah, Strathy, Katunga & Picola.

S.E - Rennie, Tungamah, Katy, Waaia Katandra, Shepp E, Dookie, Murchison, Tally & Undera.
I'm hearing different, with Rennie being pushed into nw

I'm hearing different, with Rennie being pushed into nw
6C873E09-BA21-43D0-9B3C-33A36A1C5E83.jpeg

which is in-line with what was said at the meeting. It’s a concept the league board has put to its member clubs and is awaiting feedback . Given Murray valley highway was the split geographically , as such , when the league last was seperated and assumingly without any confirmation on who may want in if the league was to go down that path naturally , that would be seen as a starting point .

If Hay came in, I could only really see them in a NSW comp. In saying that it’s still a 2.5 hr drive from Rennie to Hay, so I don’t think that would be well recieved.

If Murch, Tally, Shepp E, Dookie & Undera were to enter I would split as follows.

N.W - Mathoura, Deni, Blighty, Jerilderie, Berrigan, Toc, Yarroweyah, colleambly, billabong, Rennie & Picola.

S.E - Tungamah, Katy, Waaia Katandra, Shepp E, Dookie, Murchison, VT, strathy, katunga & Undera

First you would need to know who is in and then divide it.

Last time was NW & SE divisions.

Hay would be NW if they went the same way.

While the PDFNL thread has been a great read so far this year and some important league developments have been surmised, why has there been no mention of any actual football games, results, players, performances etc etc.

Just curious to hear of anyone's views on what is actually going on from a 2024 playing front.
Don’t be insane this league isn’t about who’s winning on field, off field is where it matters 💪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back