Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t be insane this league isn’t about who’s winning on field, off field is where it matters 💪
Yeah you're obviously right, which is odd considering the general gyst of the thread indicates this league is actually a better league than the affiliated kdl but without any mention of any football.

who would you have with who and would you include Hay?
North

Berrigan
Jerilderie
Blighty
Rennie
Hay
Deni
Mathoura
Picola
Tocumwal
Yarrawehah

South

Murch
Dookie
Shep east
Tunga
Katandra
Waaia
Strathy
Undera
Katty
Katunga

10/10 based on teams from Ky wanting out last year and Hay in north
Just my thoughts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

While the PDFNL thread has been a great read so far this year and some important league developments have been surmised, why has there been no mention of any actual football games, results, players, performances etc etc.

Just curious to hear of anyone's views on what is actually going on from a 2024 playing front.

Katandra looks to be the big improver with big test against Waaia next week.
Waaia have come back to pack a bit but still the team to beat.
Katunga dropped back a bit
Tunga, Strathy , Katty looking similiar to last year.
Deni and Jerilderie on the up
Picola, Berrigan look in similiar and to battle for 8th
Yarra, Blighty, mathoura, Rennie , Toc ,
To hold up bottom of ladder

Katandra looks to be the big improver with big test against Waaia next week.
Waaia have come back to pack a bit but still the team to beat.
Katunga dropped back a bit
Tunga, Strathy , Katty looking similiar to last year.
Deni and Jerilderie on the up
Picola, Berrigan look in similiar and to battle for 8th
Yarra, Blighty, mathoura, Rennie , Toc ,
To hold up bottom of ladder

I have Katandra out in front
Strathy, Katty and Waaia top 4 only due Tungamah having so many injuries
Katunga 6th after the new Melbourne blokes gel with the locals
Picola and Deni 7 & 8th

Jerilderie the only one to challenge the top 8 depending on what team they have in.
Toc
Mathoura
Rennie
Blighty
Yarraweyah

Anyone else willing to have a crack so we can talk football, big matches this weekend between Katandra and Waaia and Katty and Tunga to shape the ladder

Ash Holland obviously a big loss for Waaia along with Smith from Katandra both at the Shepp Bears and tearing it up. Campbell gone from Katunga to Congupna. Any other player movements that may cause teams to rise or fall on the ladder?

Half of Dookie to katandra would probably be the reason for katandras rise
If Dookie returned to the comp I wonder how much spite would be in there game after the 5 players said to Dookie they were going to play there, posted runs in the group chat and then left without notice leaving Dookie stranded.

When you get caught fooling around with one of the netballers and your missus tells you your not allowed to play at Dookie anymore, I guess you listen.

Half of Dookie to katandra would probably be the reason for katandras rise
Katandra will likely never get a better chance to win the league in its current situation than this year. The "Big 3" of waaia, strathy and Tungamah are only going as well or worse than last year (albeit with points to spare) and katandra seem to have recruited all the way up to their points allowance (which is higher than the aforementioned sides)

I have Katandra out in front
Strathy, Katty and Waaia top 4 only due Tungamah having so many injuries
Katunga 6th after the new Melbourne blokes gel with the locals
Picola and Deni 7 & 8th

Jerilderie the only one to challenge the top 8 depending on what team they have in.
Toc
Mathoura
Rennie
Blighty
Yarraweyah

Anyone else willing to have a crack so we can talk football, big matches this weekend between Katandra and Waaia and Katty and Tunga to shape the ladder
Katandra vs Waaia in a fortnight might be a good watch. Could be worth the trip for a good local game to take a look at.

Katty vs Tungamah should also be a rippa.

Possibly better than some of the GV stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd never promote a club as poorly run as Yarroweyah

Any outcome from the umpire abusing Berrigan last weekend "The Roar Is Back" ?
How bout you stop using the anonymity of bigfooty to try to defame clubs and now umpires with BS .

swoopin pie given your previous role involvement in umpiring and leaking of information within your current role I’d be careful where you tread .

How bout you stop using the anonymity of bigfooty to try to defame clubs and now umpires with BS .

swoopin pie given your previous role involvement in umpiring and leaking of information within your current role I’d be careful where you tread .
Confused Tom Hanks GIF

Yarroweyah senior team just lost half their players on facebook and they have deleted the reserves side.
Not a good sign!

This is pretty serious if this is true, will only go one way if players are walking and they don’t have ressies. I feel for the rest of the club, juniors, netballers etc, there the ones that will be effected the worst.

Did they get enough for today. Facebook only had them with 17?
They were never in doubt of having enough for one side . Large amount (20+) unavailabilities through injury and illness and a club who’s struggling it makes it even harder particularly against the side who has been dominate over the past two years .

Kudo’s to those who are busting their arse to try to rebuild the club , the easy option would be to criticise .

Kudo’s to those who are busting their arse to try to rebuild the club , the easy option would be to criticise
I can't remember any club in recent times that has seen such an exodus of players during an off season, don't know the details of what happened or why people left . Looking at the clubs social media they have attracted some great people to the club off field and are trying to continue to paint a positive outlook by recognising those who are working hard to keep the club going.
The easy thing is to walk away, if the club can get through this tough period and hopefully it's not ongoing for too long than something like this can galvanize those who hung around and help rebuild and the club will be in a better place. Most clubs go though a rough period and at the moment it's yarroweahs turn

I can't remember any club in recent times that has seen such an exodus of players during an off season, don't know the details of what happened or why people left . Looking at the clubs social media they have attracted some great people to the club off field and are trying to continue to paint a positive outlook by recognising those who are working hard to keep the club going.
The easy thing is to walk away, if the club can get through this tough period and hopefully it's not ongoing for too long than something like this can galvanize those who hung around and help rebuild and the club will be in a better place. Most clubs go though a rough period and at the moment it's yarroweahs turn
They probably don’t have to look beyond Mathoura to see how quickly things can start to turn around . They’ve literally had no juniors for the majority of 10 years, were in a similar position to Yarroweyah only a couple of years ago and are starting to see some good outcomes .

They were never in doubt of having enough for one side . Large amount (20+) unavailabilities through injury and illness and a club who’s struggling it makes it even harder particularly against the side who has been dominate over the past two years .

Kudo’s to those who are busting their arse to try to rebuild the club , the easy option would be to criticise .
20+ seems to be a significantly large amount, hope there weren’t any ‘can’t be f****’ among them.
The hoppers have had a tough run for over 10 years with 2021 finish of 8th being their highest position.
I can’t comment on how the club is run, as I have no idea what’s going on inside the 4 walls but it is going to take some brilliant and resilient people to see this rebuild through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back