Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Also is 52.26 a PDFNL record?
I can’t remember any over 45 goals kicked. How many did Deni kick when Bode kicked 30 against Wunghnu Circa 2010

so whats the deal with yarroweyah? have had lots of family grow up there and just want to know what the deal is

Serious question

Is Yarroweyah now the new Wunghnu and would the league take the same stance as they did with Wunghnu or was that the wrong thing to do in hindsight?

Just when looking at whole club performance over both netball and football, from an outsiders perspective, it looks pretty dire.

the league has allowed them to forgo having senior football and a grade netball teams for a season two years ago, given them as many points as desired by the looks (which seems to have worked or helped for Rennie and Mathoura) but there doesn’t appear to be any difference.

Do they have or been required to have a long term strategic plan in place that has specified targets they have to meet? Wasn’t that the case with wunghnu as far as player numbers across all grades?

Just wondering

Serious question

Is Yarroweyah now the new Wunghnu and would the league take the same stance as they did with Wunghnu or was that the wrong thing to do in hindsight?

Just when looking at whole club performance over both netball and football, from an outsiders perspective, it looks pretty dire.

the league has allowed them to forgo having senior football and a grade netball teams for a season two years ago, given them as many points as desired by the looks (which seems to have worked or helped for Rennie and Mathoura) but there doesn’t appear to be any difference.

Do they have or been required to have a long term strategic plan in place that has specified targets they have to meet? Wasn’t that the case with wunghnu as far as player numbers across all grades?

Just wondering
I think the AFL had a bit of say in the outcome of Wunghnu. That won’t be the case with Hoppers. The league have looked to support where possible and I would think the league will give them every opportunity to fight another day.

I know if may well be a longshot but does anyone have any old copies of the following from the 80s or 90s that they are willing to part with?

I am over east in a few weeks and will be in the Goulburn Valley on Thursday May 30 and would love to secure one or more of as many of these as possible in my travels. If you can help me out, please send me a message.

Football Records from 1980s or 1990s
Picola (Spectator?)
Benalla & Dist (On The Ball)
Echuca (Circle)
Goulburn Valley (Weekender)
Kyabram Dist (Record?)
Murray (Weekender)
Northern Dist (Record)
Ovens & King (Record)
Tungamah (Record?)

Football League History
Picola FL (printed c.1990)

Already Round 8 Games. Anyone got some tips.

Berrigan v Mathoura - ?
Blighty v Tungamah - Tungamah
Jerilderie v Picola - ?
Katamatite v Tocumwal - Katamatite
Katandra v Waaia - ?
Deni v Strathy - ?
Yarroweah v Renni - ?

Already Round 8 Games. Anyone got some tips.

Berrigan v Mathoura - ?
Jerilderie v Picola - ?
Katandra v Waaia - ?
Deni v Strathy - ?
Yarroweah v Renni - ?
Berrigan v Mathoura - mathoura

Jerilderie v Picola - jerliderie

Katandra v Waaia - katandra

Deni v Strathy - strathy

Yarroweah v Rennie - Rennie

Berrigan v Mathoura - mathoura

Jerilderie v Picola - jerliderie

Katandra v Waaia - katandra

Deni v Strathy - strathy

Yarroweah v Rennie - Rennie
Katandra v Waaia game of the round or Deni v Strathy. Worth the drive for a look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much is the TV rights for picola? Seeing as they are not afl affiliated would a TV station pay for the rights and after the absolute disgraceful afl tribunal decisions with Peter Wright and harrison Jones start up a rebel league like wsc and ipl. They could get 24 teams perfect for TV, get dusty up there on big money and Hawkins etc, pay them more as the they pay nothing for the TV rights. So they've got that money to entice players over. Will roar be the next eddie then

How much is the TV rights for picola? Seeing as they are not afl affiliated would a TV station pay for the rights and after the absolute disgraceful afl tribunal decisions with Peter Wright and harrison Jones start up a rebel league like wsc and ipl. They could get 24 teams perfect for TV, get dusty up there on big money and Hawkins etc, pay them more as the they pay nothing for the TV rights. So they've got that money to entice players over. Will roar be the next eddie then
what

I see Yarroweyah are having a meeting tomorrow night inviting along life members. Any idea on what it’s about? I thought they had already caught up about the potential split.
The now ex president has been accused of stealing cash for the last two years, with the new treasurer apparently finding things that don't stack up.
They are apparently nominating a new club president, but are all good for the weekends games.

Wow, let's hope not too much damage has been done if that's the case, no Club can afford something like this to happen. But also leads to if he was part of why so many left the club at the end of last season, will there be a return of many players both football and netball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back