Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if the population of the UK and US are at 33% vaccinated yet, let alone half or the other three billion people waiting to bring it to half the planet.
About 11% of the US population have received at least one dose. 3 weeks ago it was sitting around 5%, so it’s fair to say that around 5-6% of the US population are vaccinated - not quite the half that our friend suggests.

of course it could be that there’s a bunch of poorer nations sitting well above 50% :drunk:

Well done to Zac Kirkup, he has turned a seat that MIGHT have been gettable (retiring Labor member), into a certain Labor victory. The seat of Collie - Wellington.

Zac, they are slowly moving to reduce our reliance on the Collie coal & Muja powerstation. By saying it will be all phased out by 2025, under his jackboot, was the wrong policy to go with.

Money has been injected into the Collie Region, to aid in the area adapting to these changes. Coal is already being phased out, government contracts are in place.

Well done to Zac Kirkup, he has turned a seat that MIGHT have been gettable (retiring Labor member), into a certain Labor victory. The seat of Collie - Wellington.

Zac, they are slowly moving to reduce our reliance on the Collie coal & Muja powerstation. By saying it will be all phased out by 2025, under his jackboot, was the wrong policy to go with.

Money has been injected into the Collie Region, to aid in the area adapting to these changes. Coal is already being phased out, government contracts are in place.
Zak should concentrate on winning his own seat instead of chasing the green vote, greenies aren't going to vote for you anyway Zak ya goose.

WA has outperformed all those countries with the exception of Taiwan, which I'm surprised you're even mentioning given your concerns about upsetting the CCP.
Why am I scared of upsetting the CCP?
I don't see the point of upsetting Chinese people. The majority do not get a choice about living under the tyrany of xi Jin ping.
Long live Taiwan.

And yet wearing one of these masks that clearly do nothing satisfies the authorities.
Holy Joseph and Mary. Is that the level of padanticness you want to go to? Do you get shirty when someone is driving 70km/h in a 60 zone and the authorities don't book them? The box clearly says their no good for COVID so don't wear one for that purpose. Do anti makers think they're 'sticking it to the man' by wearing masks like these? You don't want the police to hassle you but they should ask everyone else for proof of the mask they're wearing?
The bloody things over. It's so simple.

Holy Joseph and Mary. Is that the level of padanticness you want to go to? Do you get shirty when someone is driving 70km/h in a 60 zone and the authorities don't book them? The box clearly says their no good for COVID so don't wear one for that purpose. Do anti makers think they're 'sticking it to the man' by wearing masks like these? You don't want the police to hassle you but they should ask everyone else for proof of the mask they're wearing?
The bloody things over. It's so simple.
Get back under the doona and stay there, I'm going sky diving next weekend. YOLO mate, YOLO.

EDIT: My first tandem jump 6 years ago was here: https://skydive-xdream.ch
When the urge is bigger than the FEAR.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the population of the UK and US are at 33% vaccinated yet, let alone half or the other three billion people waiting to bring it to half the planet.

50 countries and 170 000000 million have been vaccinated, Australia nil.
Morrison stated Australia will be amongst the first in the world to receive the covid 19 vaccine.
Anothe lie conveniently forgotten.

50 countries and 170 000000 million have been vaccinated, Australia nil.
Morrison stated Australia will be amongst the first in the world to receive the covid 19 vaccine.
Anothe lie conveniently forgotten.

Blame our public health bureaucracy and it's culture. ScoMo probably should have put his foot down a bit, but delays in life-saving products being available to Australians because TGA are special children who won't accept the UK and US declaring things to be safe to allow them here has been a problem for years.

Blame our public health bureaucracy and it's culture. ScoMo probably should have put his foot down a bit, but delays in life-saving products being available to Australians because TGA are special children who won't accept the UK and US declaring things to be safe to allow them here has been a problem for years.

Morrison lied as usual.
Despite the spin since he said Australia would be amongst the first to receive the vaccine. Big noting himself, big announcements then no follow up.
Morrison lies continually, it's now par for the course.

Don't go bringing up that the Therapeutic Goods Administration only approved the Pfizer vaccine three weeks ago, that's horrible for the argument that it's all the federal governments fault that we aren't at "half the world vaccinated" when even the places with the best access aren't even at 25% yet.

They should have illegally imported substances not deemed safe for public use.

Morrison lied as usual.
Despite the spin since he said Australia would be amongst the first to receive the vaccine. Big noting himself, big announcements then no follow up.
Morrison lies continually, it's now par for the course.

So what was your opinion of the TGA only approving the Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago? Should ScoMo have acted against public health advice, gone to war with our federal health bureacracy and imported a vaccine that wasn't shown to be safe?

Feels more like you're using this as an excuse to go after a politician you don't lie then deal with the actual issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what was your opinion of the TGA only approving the Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks ago? Should ScoMo have acted against public health advice, gone to war with our federal health bureacracy and imported a vaccine that wasn't shown to be safe?

Feels more like you're using this as an excuse to go after a politician you don't lie then deal with the actual issues.

Haters gonna hate.

Perhaps maybe he shouldn't have claimed Australia would be among the first to receive the vaccine if he knew the TGA would take its time doing due diligence?

Not to muddy the waters but there are nations that were being vaccinated for a month prior to our due diligence finding it to be effective and safe enough to provisionally approve, meaning they can pull the plug on it whenever they want if it starts to show side effects.

Is there the possibility that other nations have rushed something through?

Would you expect something that passed standards in other first world nations to need to take two to three times as long to approve for use in Australia? Is that a reasonable assumption?

I'm okay with them taking their time as long as they get it right and we don't end up as the live test for the rest of the world on vaccine effectiveness and safety.

Morrison made the claim , if he had doubts don't make the claim.
He is a big noter. All front and no substance.

Morrison made the claim , if he had doubts don't make the claim.
He is a big noter. All front and no substance.
Is it unreasonable to expect approval to be swift if the corresponding groups of the USA, UK and EU have signed off on them?

This same vaccine was being put in the arms of people a month before the Australians said it was safe to try out, to see if it has any negative side effects.

Is it unreasonable to expect approval to be swift if the corresponding groups of the USA, UK and EU have signed off on them?

This same vaccine was being put in the arms of people a month before the Australians said it was safe to try out, to see if it has any negative side effects.

The point is Morrison said Australia would be one of the first to receive the vaccine. We aren't by 50 countries and 170000000 injections. He lied to big note as usual.
He didn't mention we would receive it after safety protocols. That's just spin on a massive stuff up.

Just like McGowan had to take the hit with his broken promise to house 100 homeless, ScoMo needs to be held accountable for promising to be the first to receive vaccines when we clearly are miles off being so.

No hiding behind TGA being slow. He knew TGA would take time and he made the promise anyway. He is responsible for the broken promise, nobody else.

I've no love for Morrison, but his jobkeeper payments have been a $70-100 billion dollar subsidy for provincial autocrats to shutdown economies. Without jobkeeper I would love to see how long and often lockdown was accepted.
I would have thought those that like living under the doona would at least acknowledge the role of Scotty and his monumental accrual of government debt in keeping them safe and cosy.

I've no love for Morrison, but his jobkeeper payments have been a $70-100 billion dollar subsidy for provincial autocrats to shutdown economies. Without jobkeeper I would love to see how long and often lockdown was accepted.
I would have thought those that like living under the doona would at least acknowledge the role of Scotty and his monumental accrual of government debt in keeping them safe and cosy.
I agree. Although they probably need to not be hypocrites with their previous shouting about Labor's stimulus measures during the GFC. Time for them to stop pretending they are fiscally superior perhaps?

Yes there are examples of 'corruption' with both JobKeeper and the GFC stimulus but fundamentally these are measures that Federal governments need to take when necessary.

Rudd was vilified for his dollar roll outs during the global crash that kept Australia working and in the black.
A lot of hypocrisy being displayed by media outlets at the minute.
And yes bouquets to both governments for the financial help.
Removing job keeper is the wrong decision though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back