Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's wrong with protesting the IDF killing 30,000 civilians including thousands of civilians if your country is providing the weapons?
Do you want to take away the right to protest like the far right are trying to do?
Are you lost go and post your dribble somewhere else , mods do your job and get rid of this fool he’s been bagging out club on the SRP he should be nowhere near the Fremantle board.

Are you lost go and post your dribble somewhere else , mods do your job and get rid of this fool he’s been bagging out club on the SRP he should be nowhere near the Fremantle board.
Did he reply to one of his extremist SRP buddies who monitor and copy posts in their private chats?

Net minit, his reply is to the post on the board and not to the PM!

Reminds me of that Fremantle hating mod puppet clown.

Lol. Why don't you have the same visceral reaction when dogsrus posts here?

Keep the echochamber free of people that disagree with me!?!?!??!

This is just too precious.

You missed the point about abusive posters that hate Fremantle come onto the Fremantle board to troll.

Has happened before.

Maybe this was accidentally for AP, but still an example of how someone who bags Freo actually thinks, but fair comment to call him out for it when he appears on here.

Last edited:
Those Liberal Party members of parliament (eg Peter Dutton, Dan Tehan, Michaelia Cash) that called for the resignation of Andrew Giles and Claire O'Neil after the news got out that one of the three suspects arrested bashing of a Girraween grandmother was released during this current Government's term (actually by a decision of the High Court) aren't making the same statements now that a second man arrested as part of that same crime was released into the community when the Liberals were in power. Dan Tehan even got himself column space in Murdoch's Daily Telegraph to tell us why Giles should resign.

Those Liberal Party members of parliament (eg Peter Dutton, Dan Tehan, Michaelia Cash) that called for the resignation of Andrew Giles and Claire O'Neil after the news got out that one of the three suspects arrested bashing of a Girraween grandmother was released during this current Government's term (actually by a decision of the High Court) aren't making the same statements now that a second man arrested as part of that same crime was released into the community when the Liberals were in power. Dan Tehan even got himself column space in Murdoch's Daily Telegraph to tell us why Giles should resign.

For reference:

Screenshot_11-5-2024_18575_twitter.com.jpeg Screenshot_11-5-2024_185624_twitter.com.jpeg Screenshot_11-5-2024_185759_twitter.com.jpeg Screenshot_11-5-2024_185859_twitter.com.jpeg

Another released migrant inflicting serious bodily harm isn't the political win you might think, the next course of action isn't every politician resign (although I'd like that) its to crack down harder on immigrants.

Another released migrant inflicting serious bodily harm isn't the political win you might think, the next course of action isn't every politician resign (although I'd like that) its to crack down harder on immigrants.

A political win is exactly what one side of politics was wanting to turn it into via the media, and also why it was picked out from all the other news crime stories and posted in this politics thread a week or so ago.

Much of what passes as political discourse in the ingroup allegiance signaling world of the "conservative" comes down to creating fear about imagined scenarios that never happen.

We could get a countdown calendar on this one. Every day we can cross off as being one day closer to Taylor's prophecy coming true.

I don't know why I don't have the permission of being able to use the ignore button so I can avoid seeing this insane stuff.

taylor's predictions.jpeg

Last edited:

And how about all the bikies who have been here for generations inflicting serious bodily harm while heavily involved in drug import and human exploitation Australia wide?

The media highlight some violent migrants and people get all worked up about migration numbers while ignoring far bigger problems in Australia.

That is just one of many I can list.

The old right wing fear tactic instead of looking at violence accross the entire nation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how about all the bikies who have been here for generations inflicting serious bodily harm while heavily involved in drug import and human exploitation Australia wide?

The media highlight some violent migrants and people get all worked up about migration numbers while ignoring far bigger problems in Australia.

That is just one of many I can list.

The old right wing fear tactic instead of looking at violence accross the entire nation.

I'm very happy to discuss all violence across the nation as long as we can be honest about the demographics overly represented and treat it as a reason to offer better targeted aid and don't slip into simple race based generalisations, which I'm not suggesting you would - but it's the reason such data is not discussed.

When it comes to immigration there's a bit of a perfect storm going on right now, with increased demand for rentals and homes corresponding with a building slow down from high debt and high interest rates. The stage is set for a populist like Hanson to link the issues together and suggest shutting the doors.

Need to be prepared for that.

The reality is that governments for a while have noticed that people here aren't having children for reasons they mostly put down to financial capabilities and instead of fixing that they choose the easier option for building economic growth of immigration, which has lead to higher cost of living and even worse financial capabilities for people to feel comfortable having children here.

Viscous cycle that comes out of politicans having a three year job security and a culture of elections created by progressives which now requires something to be offered at elections instead or simply remaining the same.

This is how the system works now. They both bring out their spending at election time.

Much of what passes as political discourse in the ingroup allegiance signaling world of the "conservative" comes down to creating fear about imagined scenarios that never happen.

We could get a countdown calendar on this one. Every day we can cross off as being one day closer to Taylor's prophecy coming true.

I don't know why I don't have the permission of being able to use the ignore button so I can avoid seeing this insane stuff.

View attachment 1987533

Quoting for later, for when the predictable US media stokes the divisions in their country coming into an election as they have for a while now.

I'm very happy to discuss all violence across the nation as long as we can be honest about the demographics overly represented and treat it as a reason to offer better targeted aid and don't slip into simple race based generalisations, which I'm not suggesting you would - but it's the reason such data is not discussed.

When it comes to immigration there's a bit of a perfect storm going on right now, with increased demand for rentals and homes corresponding with a building slow down from high debt and high interest rates. The stage is set for a populist like Hanson to link the issues together and suggest shutting the doors.

The reality is that governments for a while have noticed that people here aren't having children for reasons they mostly put down to financial capabilities and instead of fixing that they choose the easier option for building economic growth of immigration, which has lead to higher cost of living and even worse financial capabilities for people to feel comfortable having children here.

Viscous cycle that comes out of politicans having a three year job security and a culture of elections created by progressives which now requires something to be offered at elections instead or simply remaining the same.

This is how the system works now. They both bring out their spending at election time.

I know why we have migration

I just don't know why people like to post how migration is leading to violence accross Australia when we have it already ingrained in society but the worst offenders who are Australian are ignored by right wing media. But I've already said this.

Last edited:
I know who we have migration

I just don't know why people like to post how migration is leading to violence accross Australia when we have it already ingrained in society but the worst offenders who are Australian are ignored by right wing media. But I've already said this.

Who is this 'Right wing media'?

Have you got data to back what you are saying?

Ingrained in society? What does that mean?

We know from government data in Europe that some crimes are committed at far higher rate per capita by immigrants from certain nations than others. Do you think that isn't something we should be vigilant about?

Viscous cycle that comes out of politicians having a three year job security and a culture of elections created by progressives which now requires something to be offered at elections instead or simply remaining the same.

One thing I'd disagree with in there is the note you've made regarding the relationship between (relative) wealth or financial capability and the number of children.

Statistically, natural population increases decline in populations who are better off, not worse, and in those populations which experience a greater life expectancy over time. Australia's "natural" population increase has been in decline for quite a while, and the majority of Australia's population increase is due to immigration. Obviously, that has historically always been the case, but not to the extent we're seeing it today, and certainly not with the same impact on social cohesion as a result of sometimes profound cultural differences.

The economic necessity of immigration in the more affluent nations of the world has led to decreased social stability, hence the ongoing "culture wars" present in the society of top-tier nations (in terms of relative wealth) today.

Who is this 'Right wing media'?

Have you got data to back what you are saying?

Ingrained in society? What does that mean?

We know from government data in Europe that some crimes are committed at far higher rate per capita by immigrants from certain nations than others. Do you think that isn't something we should be vigilant about?
Brings me back to the comments made on bikie gangs in Australia above.
There is a significant difference in the nature of those gangs from their origins around the late 1960's to what they are now.
Part of the original Comancheros charter from the late 60's reads "no hard drugs". I'm not buying into any Sons of Anarchy bullshit either, but times change.

This pretty much gels with my observations over the years, sans any anecdotal experiences:

You'll generally find the "same as it ever was" comments are most often made by those who haven't been around long enough to have a point of reference.

All the talk of "gender-based violence" and wanting to excoriate teenage boys for a dumb list and then you read s**t like this:

The domestic violence crisis is a law and order issue primarily. Lock these ******* bastards up and throw away the key. Anyone who attacks a woman in this way should never see the light of day again. The judge btw was a woman. Can't even.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised you had that reaction to that teenage boy story. I had a similar thought when I first read the headline and thinking it was basically a hotness scale but "rapeability" list seems way way over the line and even teenage boys should understand that is pretty disgusting.

Maybe expulsion is a little harsh and I'd have been more lenient though with a pretty serious suspension but I'm not sure the punishment is too far off the mark

How about we dont tell people to go and get ****ed...
This, I'd like to think here we can be a lot better than the creep infested parts of the site and even if you strongly disagree treat each with a bit of civility.

This, I'd like to think here we can be a lot better than the creep infested parts of the site and even if you strongly disagree treat each with a bit of civility.
Exactly!! It's really what I'm trying to stress here, you guys have very strong and very different opinions and I really really like it. We even seem to be having a relatively decent ratio of political spectrums. I know a lot of you read each side and internally roll your eyes or laugh but I like to think we can keep this thread in a good spot of thinking each other are really stupid / ignorant but having good conversations and even the odd moment of bipartisanship.

I've advised the other guys to just thread ban now if anyone starts attacking and I've removed Demons09 for a week. Most of you have been in here long enough that we are passed me giving polite warnings

Can someone explain to me why there is no link between DV of women and lack of respect for women and misogynistic attitudes in Western countries like Australia however there is this link in countries like Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan ?

Can someone explain to me why there is no link between DV of women and lack of respect for women and misogynistic attitudes in Western countries like Australia however there is this link in countries like Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan ?

Have a look into "cultural relativism" and pair it with the strong fear I mentioned previously of even opening discussion on comparisons for fear of empowering racists to discriminate on racial lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back