Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

The talk that farmers in general don't care about the land is strange to me.
The only people who say absurd views like that would be scientifically illiterate dumbass redneck types. Funnily enough crops die if a farmer doesn't look after the land and sheep die if a farmer has livestock on land that they've destroyed. Considering my cousin is one of the many farmers dealing with the cancellation of the live sheep trade I've got no time for staggeringly ignorant views.

In case anyones not aware there have been dozens of reports into the live sheep trade in oz that have concluded Australia has some of the highest standards in the world in terms of treatment of sheep when they get transported overseas. So taking Australia out of the market will only INCREASE the amount of animal cruelty in the industry across the world.

Yeah laid a bit of mayo on it but Ive spent more than enough time around farmers to form an opinion.
Ive formed the opinion your views are staggeringly ignorant utter rubbish and there's not a chance in hell you've spent any time around any farmers. I guess everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Last edited:

Yeah laid a bit of mayo on it but Ive spent more than enough time around farmers to form an opinion.
You really haven't spent any time around farmers as your opinions show that to be the case. I know people connected to a suicide directly linked to a framer who was affected by the condition of his land and future prospects being destroyed by drought. Do better. Be better.

You really haven't spent any time around farmers as your opinions show that to be the case. I know people connected to a suicide directly linked to a framer who was affected by the condition of his land and future prospects being destroyed by drought. Do better. Be better.
I was raised on a farm, worked with many farmers over many years.

My brother crops over 10,000 acres. He and the many other farmers I have rubbed shoulders with are incredibly environmentally conscious.

I'm at a loss to understand these sorts of opinions except to say they are an extreme minority and ignorant.

There are laws in place around land clearing for a reason and its not because most farmers are environmentally interested. It's because enough just wanted to clear their space for more livestock or fields.

And I get both sides.

The vast bulk of farming land cleared was in line with government policy.

One of the conditions of acquiring the land was the farmer had to clear it.

For a while there in the sixties the government boasted how they were clearing 1m acres per year in WA.

Respectfully suggest more people get out and speak to farmers. You will be pleasantly surprised how environmentally conscious they are.

The ones doing the wrong thing in the past have not survived modern farming conditions.

Hasn’t the farmers union or whatever it is actually butted heads with the Nationals because they want action on climate change but the Barnyard party are totally in hock to Gina & Co?

I’m sure I read something about this a while back.

Hopefully Musk can get Tesla out of Delaware and into Texas. What the judge in Delaware decided was ridiculous. As are all things when they vere too hard in either direction of politics.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 8.30.34 am.png

This compensation plan is how every company should try to get their C suite paid. Especially the CEO. Our companies would be a lot healthier for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

International Criminal Court statement on the application for arrest warrants for 3 Hamas leaders and 2 Isreali leaders.

Has anyone seen/listened to Bidens speech at Morehouse College? (I think that is the spelling..)

The racial nonsense going to new levels in preparation for the election.

I really want Trump to get back in just for the tidal wave of melts.
I can't stand trump to be clear but the case against him is utterly absurd. Saying otherwise actually only gives rise to conspiracy theorists. If anyone checks two of the three leading witnesses are totally corrupt. Cohen has admitted to stealing from trump. While Michael Avenatti is serving time for extortion and perjury. If trump loses this case it only makes the Democrats look corrupt and will only increase the support trump gets from cultural groups who feel vilified by the system.

In oz the partisan hack utter crap the ABC reports on US politics only adds to trumps support in oz. I have a problem with both trump and Biden likr the majority of Americans while the ABC makes out Americans don't have issues with Biden just like they have issues with trump.

I can't stand trump to be clear but the case against him is utterly absurd. Saying otherwise actually only gives rise to conspiracy theorists. If anyone checks two of the three leading witnesses are totally corrupt. Cohen has admitted to stealing from trump. While Michael Avenatti is serving time for extortion and perjury. If trump loses this case it only makes the Democrats look corrupt and will only increase the support trump gets from cultural groups who feel vilified by the system.

In oz the partisan hack utter crap the ABC reports on US politics only adds to trumps support in oz. I have a problem with both trump and Biden likr the majority of Americans while the ABC makes out Americans don't have issues with Biden just like they have issues with trump.

I believe the game plan here from the democrats is to have Trump appeal the case all the way to the supreme court and then the supreme court will throw it out - linking them directly with Trump and allowing the Democrats to campaign at the election on winning the senate to take back control of the supreme court.

Don't forget, the ABC here is impartial. Completely impartial...

You know it is bad when CNN is saying the case is poor and they are letting Cohen off a worse crime to try to get Trump on something ridiculous.

All the things Democrats accused Trump of doing they are now doing out in the open. Bizarro world.

I also wish we had neither Trump or Biden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back