Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

You know it is bad when CNN is saying the case is poor and they are letting Cohen off a worse crime to try to get Trump on something ridiculous.

All the things Democrats accused Trump of doing they are now doing out in the open. Bizarro world.

I also wish we had neither Trump or Biden.
I'll be clear in saying I don't like trump but I also don't like Biden. Just like in oz nearly half the population in the US now doesnt align with either political side and that's my view too. When the ABC in oz only shows one side of a debate in my view it only helps those who are the real conspiracy theorists.

In the US now even trump haters like Bill Maher and Anderson Cooper have said basically this case is absurd. How does saying otherwise do anything but help make conspiracy theorists more believable to the masses?

Have any of you that are hoping for a Trump victory had a read of the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025 document?

If you can get through this & still think a Trump presidency is a good idea then wow.

Have any of you that are hoping for a Trump victory had a read of the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025 document?

If you can get through this & still think a Trump presidency is a good idea then wow.

That's the organisation who's co-founder was so in line with Trump politics that he backed Mike Pence in the 2024 presidential election.

I'm not worried about the influence of a think tank or lobby group in regards to Trump, I think his lack of being directed by established structures of influence and power is why the entire US machine of state dislikes him.

And there isn't any right wing broadcasters in Australia or the States?

I think you are missing the point. I have not claimed there are no right wing broadcasters in Australia or the States. Find me one time.. I will wait.

In your rush to prove a point you have started to argue something that wasn't argued or relevant.

I am saying the ABC is biased, which is contrary to many here who think that being staffed from management down by lefties, it is impartial.

That's the organisation who's co-founder was so in line with Trump politics that he backed Mike Pence in the 2024 presidential election.

I'm not worried about the influence of a think tank or lobby group in regards to Trump, I think his lack of being directed by established structures of influence and power is why the entire US machine of state dislikes him.

Was writing this... then read your post.

Part of the reason there are some who don't like Trump is because he is anti establishment. And he will lose them money from all the wars. There are a group of Dems and Republicans who are getting very wealthy off the wars. Sadly.

I think you are missing the point. I have not claimed there are no right wing broadcasters in Australia or the States. Find me one time.. I will wait.

In your rush to prove a point you have started to argue something that wasn't argued or relevant.

I am saying the ABC is biased, which is contrary to many here who think that being staffed from management down by lefties, it is impartial.

It's valid

You don't need to get upset

If anyone checks two of the three leading witnesses are totally corrupt. Cohen has admitted to stealing from trump. While Michael Avenatti is serving time for extortion and perjury. If trump loses this case it only makes the Democrats look corrupt and will only increase the support trump gets from cultural groups who feel vilified by the system.

When did Avenatti give a testimony in this trial? He wanted to give a testimony for Trump's defence, and said he spoke to Trump's lawyers.

All that's left in this trial are the final closing arguments by each side that will occur on May 28th (US time), and after that the jury decides.

Last edited:
Don't forget, the ABC here is impartial. Completely impartial...
Sarah Ferguson at it again. “Interviewing” Dutton post-budget, he couldn’t finish a sentence. He got fed up:

SF: I’ll just interrupt you there…
PD: I thought you might
SF: Well, it’s important
PD: Right

🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sarah Ferguson breaks everyone's balls though trying to keep them on point, did the same thing to Chalmers the other night.

These blokes just waffle on with spin and deflection to avoid simple questions.

Exactly, this is a presenters job.

When they ask: "what's your plan to protect energy security in Australia?"

and the politician says: "thanks for that question and I'll begin by".. then rattles off five minutes of anti-opposition nonsense but never answers the question while the presenter nods away - that's a problem

It's valid

You don't need to get upset

I was not and am not upset. You created an argument that was not being made.

The ABC is biased to the left. To the greens far left, more left than labour. That is fine if they were a public company or a private one. It is not fine when they are funded by the tax payer.

As one of the small percentage of people in this country who is a net positive tax payer, it is wrong that I am funding left wing journalism. That is the discussion. it was not and is not if there are privately or ASX listed media companies who are right leaning.

I read that when Biden took office Iran was selling 300k barrels of oil per day. Now they have been tough on Iran they are up to approx a million per day.

I am trying to google this information, and due to time not having much luck. Is there anyone here with the time or inclination to find this info?

It would be a shocking performance on behalf of the Biden admin if true.

How important is Ohio in the US presidential election? It appears Biden won't be on the ballot there.

The democrats are holding their nomination event too late in the calendar to follow Ohio's nomination rules requiring both candidates to confirm by August 7th. Their event is August 19th.

It would be the most government of government stuff ups if someone didn't check the date of when to hold their event leading to them not getting any electoral college votes from Ohio and losing the presidential election because of it.

Granted, Trump won Ohio last time against Biden by half a million votes so maybe it will have no impact at all.

How important is Ohio in the US presidential election? It appears Biden won't be on the ballot there.

The democrats are holding their nomination event too late in the calendar to follow Ohio's nomination rules requiring both candidates to confirm by August 7th. Their event is August 19th.

It would be the most government of government stuff ups if someone didn't check the date of when to hold their event leading to them not getting any electoral college votes from Ohio and losing the presidential election because of it.

Granted, Trump won Ohio last time against Biden by half a million votes so maybe it will have no impact at all.

Not important. Trump will win Ohio easily. Not as safe as the proper redneck states, but it should be a pretty clear win.

From the polling maps I've seen, the only states which are deemed toss ups are Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. The first 3 I would be confident that Trump will win. If Trump wins WI and Biden wins PA and MI then it will be a tie!

Not important. Trump will win Ohio easily. Not as safe as the proper redneck states, but it should be a pretty clear win.

From the polling maps I've seen, the only states which are deemed toss ups are Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. The first 3 I would be confident that Trump will win. If Trump wins WI and Biden wins PA and MI then it will be a tie!

It gets interesting if those states that have pledged to commit their electoral votes to the popular vote winner, which I believe are almost entirely democrat strongholds, are faced with Trump winning popular vote because of the 3 million plus vote advantage of Ohio not counting any Biden votes.

I agree, I don't think Trump loses Ohio. It might be a problem for the 18 congressional seats in Ohio if the Biden voters know they have no reason to turn up and the downballot races, the house of reps seats, have their votes wiped our because of it.

Potential national impacts there.

Exactly, this is a presenters job.

When they ask: "what's your plan to protect energy security in Australia?"

and the politician says: "thanks for that question and I'll begin by".. then rattles off five minutes of anti-opposition nonsense but never answers the question while the presenter nods away - that's a problem
Yep and they of course have limited time to fit in every question.

1. Yes Bill, long term backer of the Democrats, given tens of millions to their elections. When did this happen... It has been coming for a long time on the left.

2. This judge should be jailed. Put her in the same cell as the admitted multiple time rapist she is calling a woman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back