Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Yes Bill, long term backer of the Democrats, given tens of millions to their elections. When did this happen... It has been coming for a long time on the left.

2. This judge should be jailed. Put her in the same cell as the admitted multiple time rapist she is calling a woman.

You want to post stuff about left wing judges in the US and ignore what's going on on the right side?

1. Yes Bill, long term backer of the Democrats, given tens of millions to their elections. When did this happen... It has been coming for a long time on the left.

2. This judge should be jailed. Put her in the same cell as the admitted multiple time rapist she is calling a woman.

Because, Bill, it’s been happening for decades, since the Frankfurt School of the 1920s and taking off in the 70s thanks to Marcuse’s “critical theory“ which has been eagerly adopted by our educational institutions. Thin slice by thin slice. The Long March of the left is reaching its culmination.

You want to post stuff about left wing judges in the US and ignore what's going on on the right side?

That's shocking what that judge has done but we all know poshman only goes after left wing and finds extreme cases to push his agenda while ignoring far right atrocities that happen equally as much.

He's a hypocrite

I'm interested in hearing about some of these right wing judges rulings please.
There's one where a case involving the mishandling of 1000's of pages of highly confidential government documents, which is a pretty important case, has been delayed indefinitely.

Yep and they of course have limited time to fit in every question.
Are you joking? She interrupts so much you can barely work out what the person interviewed is saying and she also interrupts every time when the person has a solid argument against the point she is making. Easily the worst 730 Report host in history in terms of being an interviewer and an absolute disgrace to the legacy of the likes of Kerry Obrien who could run a hard hitting interview without feeling a need to talk over the top of someone non stop.

There's one where a case involving the mishandling of 1000's of pages of highly confidential government documents, which is a pretty important case, has been delayed indefinitely.
Do you realise even CNN is now admitting how absurd some of these cases are in regard to trump. I can not stand trump but its a fact that anyone looking at the cases against him would find the cases ridiculous and that is why his popularity has risen dramatically with cultural groups who feel vilified by the system.

Put any details up, not just a they did this, and I will read and if they are in the wrong I will criticise. What is shocking is your reaction to this isn't to condemn her it is to come after me...

That's shocking what that judge has done but we all know poshman only goes after left wing and finds extreme cases to push his agenda while ignoring far right atrocities that happen equally as much.

He's a hypocrite

Ah so it is an atrocity. you agree what she did was an atrocity.

Now show me the judges doing the 'equally as much' and I will condemn them also.

I post left wingers asking what the hell is happening so at least there is a modicum of balance. Bill Ackman as donated tens of millions to see lefties elected. That makes him a concerned voice on the left.

Do you realise even CNN is now admitting how absurd some of these cases are in regard to trump. I can not stand trump but its a fact that anyone looking at the cases against him would find the cases ridiculous and that is why his popularity has risen dramatically with cultural groups who feel vilified by the system.

They are not willing to watch what CNN is now saying about the cases. Like they won't read the washington post or NY Times when they are correcting and retracting Russia gate stories.

You mean the one where the FBI and dodgy special prosecutor were busted for bringing their own 'confidential' folders to the search placed them around random evidence, took photos and leaked to the press to establish a narrative?

So any comment on the judges actions?

Do you think that an admitted rapist of women and children and someone who traffics child pr0n should be sent to a womens prison?

I was sent this last week, has anyone listed to the 7 minutes? Is there a chance of discussion without personal and left/right attacks?

How is this solved is a good question. I am not sure what the average percentage of equity people with loans have, however, I am not sure how much of a correction people could sustain with the Loan to equity ratio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sent this last week, has anyone listed to the 7 minutes? Is there a chance of discussion without personal and left/right attacks?

How is this solved is a good question. I am not sure what the average percentage of equity people with loans have, however, I am not sure how much of a correction people could sustain with the Loan to equity ratio.

This discussion does not provide a solution, but suggests that immigration is the problem as it creates demand.

An interesting thing I read recently that relates to the housing crises is that ahousing construction worker produces only just over half as much sq meterage as they did 30 or 40 years ago on average in the same work time. This is surprising as one would think that equipment and techniques have improved. There are possible reasons that contribute such as that the proportion of apartments or other forms of multi dwellings is higher which are more complex forms of construction. Also there may be more bespoke houses (eg architect designed) rather than simple standard spec houses. There also may be lower productivity such as not working in hot weather etc (I am only guessing).

If dwellings are bigger, on average, and I think they are, and workers produce less, then we need way more construction workers than we did in the past, and yet no one wants to be a construction worker. There are theories around about ‘manufacturing’ rather than building homes, which really means using construction techniques that use more preformed parts that are assembled on site. I think something like this might be necessary, and desirable.

This discussion does not provide a solution, but suggests that immigration is the problem as it creates demand.

An interesting thing I read recently that relates to the housing crises is that ahousing construction worker produces only just over half as much sq meterage as they did 30 or 40 years ago on average in the same work time. This is surprising as one would think that equipment and techniques have improved. There are possible reasons that contribute such as that the proportion of apartments or other forms of multi dwellings is higher which are more complex forms of construction. Also there may be more bespoke houses (eg architect designed) rather than simple standard spec houses. There also may be lower productivity such as not working in hot weather etc (I am only guessing).

If dwellings are bigger, on average, and I think they are, and workers produce less, then we need way more construction workers than we did in the past, and yet no one wants to be a construction worker. There are theories around about ‘manufacturing’ rather than building homes, which really means using construction techniques that use more preformed parts that are assembled on site. I think something like this might be necessary, and desirable.

I agree it doesn't provide a solution. I also think he says successive governments have used immigration to keep house prices high as the banks and general populace want them high.

Re: production workers producing less, I would love to find the info on that. I also agree there are some new ways of building that are much faster than the old ways. There is a company in Canningvale that advertises having them up in days and lock up in 8 weeks.

Because, Bill, it’s been happening for decades, since the Frankfurt School of the 1920s and taking off in the 70s thanks to Marcuse’s “critical theory“ which has been eagerly adopted by our educational institutions. Thin slice by thin slice. The Long March of the left is reaching its culmination.

The person here who fills this forum with accusations about anti-semitism is happy to promote the anti-semetic conspiracy theory of the Frankfurt school and cultural marxism. No surprises.

I agree it doesn't provide a solution. I also think he says successive governments have used immigration to keep house prices high as the banks and general populace want them high.

Re: production workers producing less, I would love to find the info on that. I also agree there are some new ways of building that are much faster than the old ways. There is a company in Canningvale that advertises having them up in days and lock up in 8 weeks.
This is where I got it from.

I want to reiterate we may be building more complex housing rather than the reason being true reduced productivity. Probably a combination of lots of things.

When did Avenatti give a testimony in this trial? He wanted to give a testimony for Trump's defence, and said he spoke to Trump's lawyers.

All that's left in this trial are the final closing arguments by each side that will occur on May 28th (US time), and after that the jury decides.

As I didn't get a reply to this question, I'll quote Seth Abramson with regards to Michael Cohen's testimony.

"Most in media frame Cohen’s testimony as a continuation of a “feud” between the two men—a framing that’s great for corporate-media ratings. It’s also—like most corporate-media framings—great for Trump, as it buys into his claim that Cohen’s testimony can only be retribution. But not only does Cohen have every motive to tell the truth; not only is he already formally locked into a narrative by prior pleas and representations; not only are all his credibility issues ones that Trump created by ordering him to do dodgy sh*t for years and years but there’s no feud between the two men, because that suggests equal footing. No, what happened is this: Cohen was Trump’s dog—the man who committed his crimes for him—and Trump abandoned his dog the second the fuzz were wise to his play. That left Cohen with zero options."

Is it possible that we can't out-build the incoming demand?
I don’t know the answer to that. Current real world experience probably says we can’t. Greater productivity in the form of simpler, more buildable dwellings is likely part of the answer imho. Changing people’s attitudes to the work they want to do is probably part of it. In addition, apparently we actually aren’t targeting construction workers in immigration, which seems like madness.

I don’t know the answer to that. Current real world experience probably says we can’t. Greater productivity in the form of simpler, more buildable dwellings is likely part of the answer imho. Changing people’s attitudes to the work they want to do is probably part of it. In addition, apparently we actually aren’t targeting construction workers in immigration, which seems like madness.

Attitudes to trades and pushing more and more uni is a long term issue.

Plus if you want to do very well for yourself, the right trade is a strong option.

Not targeting trades is madness.

Also, IIRV international students were checked for having a certain amount of money to live on here. I think $50-60k. What I have been hearing recently is that has stopped and we are just taking them.

Ah so it is an atrocity. you agree what she did was an atrocity.

Now show me the judges doing the 'equally as much' and I will condemn them also.

I post left wingers asking what the hell is happening so at least there is a modicum of balance. Bill Ackman as donated tens of millions to see lefties elected. That makes him a concerned voice on the left.

A modicum of balance is only if people agree with you. If it isn't right wing in your opinion it isn't good politics. There is zero balance with you.

Attitudes to trades and pushing more and more uni is a long term issue.

Plus if you want to do very well for yourself, the right trade is a strong option.

Not targeting trades is madness.

Also, IIRV international students were checked for having a certain amount of money to live on here. I think $50-60k. What I have been hearing recently is that has stopped and we are just taking them.
I agree with you about construction trades being a strong option. The main downside I think is that one’s body may not be up to it by around 50, although a transfer to a home handyman career or other less demanding options is very possible I think.

I will just add a couple of anecdotal things that come to my mind that relate to the housing crisis.

I was in Japan on holiday a few years back. One hotel I stayed in had a ‘drop in’ bathroom, ie a largely moulded plastic bathroom probably manufactured in a factory in 1 piece and then dropped in and plumbed in on site. It was more than serviceable and a very pragmatic approach. It is the sort of thing that should be considered for low cost housing.

The house next door to me was renovated and extended some 12 or 13 years ago. It has a granny flat. One of the conditions of approval of the plans was that the granny flat cannot be rented as an independent dwelling. Higher density living is supposed to be desirable and this type of condition is bizarre.

After renovation the house next door is a 7 bed, 4 bath, 4 car garage, granny flat dwelling. There has never been more than 4 people living in it since renovation. Often there has only been 2. When people want housing like this solving the housing crisis will be challenging.

I will just add I may have misspoke a little. We may or may not be targeting construction workers In immigration, but either way we apparently are not getting them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back