Pollock

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2003
paradise
Other Teams
the best
Is he really struggling? He just seems to lack penetration these days. Seems to me that Smith often bowls him, and maybe even hands him the new ball in deference to his status in the game rather than his potential firepower. I read that the Saffies want to encourage him to develop his batting and become an all-rounder if he wants to stick around in the game.

Doesnt hit the bat as hard as he use to but still can bowl the right line that can trouble batsmen. His batting has come a long way and he can be classed as an all rounder now IMO, His batting average is about 32 and bowling average off 22.

quam said:
Doesnt hit the bat as hard as he use to but still can bowl the right line that can trouble batsmen. His batting has come a long way and he can be classed as an all rounder now IMO, His batting average is about 32 and bowling average off 22.

He seems to be batting like someone whose average is at least 32 but bowling like someone whose average is a lot higher than 22. Certainly not the force he used to be.

I thought he bowled without luck in this test and is still one of the best lower order batsmen in Test cricket.

Has not been the bowler he was for quite a couple of years now, nothing surprising with the way he bowled this series: Still a very very good bowler, but lacking pace and doesn't have the impact he used to have anymore

And also noticed how he isn't gripping the ball properly, hence the wobbly seam position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back