gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Well, it's game day, ladies and gentlemen, and in over 22 years, I have never started a game day thread.

Hopefully, Port by a lot with JHF stealing the show in order for me to enjoy the replay with a glass of red and Mr. gbear's Goulash for dinner when I get home from work!

Oh and Mods feel free to change the thread title, I am running on 5 hours of sleep, so my usual wittiness is slightly impaired 🤣

Will just take a win.

Xerri vs Sweet is of interest.

Xerri rated elite tackles/clearances, forward 50 ground ball gets.

Sweet wins hit outs to advantage. Probably alot to do with Jason hanging around?

It shouldn't be an exciting game.

JHF for 5 goals.

I am going to buy a box of donuts and a cup of coffee and listen to the game and then probably throw up.

I am interesting in watching:

Rozee back
The forward line without the slow molasses play of Dixon
Can Lachie Jones go back to his rising form
Sweet against the up and comer Xerri
The Hornet to try and pummel their midfield
Meady probably not getting as much time in the midfield but working hard
Can Georgy, Finny or Marshall get off the leash today?
Can Jr Jr Burger keep up his good possession rate but with more impact
Jed and Burton playing the worst team in the comp

I'm keen to see the Kangaroos young guys too. Wardlaw, Sheezel and young Duursma, LDU, Xerri - a pretty good start to their rebuild with McKercher and Larkey as well.

6 degrees at Bellerive this morning, will crack 12 by the bounce, crisp cloudy day here in Tassie, light breeze, no rain.

Will rug up and head down with the kids to cheer on JHF for his 50th.
Would love him to kick a few to stick I it up the morons booing him, I swear a few come to the game only for that reason.🤬

The Roos are literally giving away tickets to this game to try to get people to the game, got 4 general admission tickets through work to give away if anyone wants them 😂

Well firstly, Dixon rarely gets a 1v1. Secondly you are arguing against a player who is 4th highest contested mark grabber in the league. Third, his average per game is consistent with or better than his averages going right over his career with us. Fourth you are backing Lord from an extended layoff to come back and win more 1 on 1's.

You do you.
Yeah if you think our tall forwards are firing and will carry us deep in September we’ll just have to agree to disagree here.

6 degrees at Bellerive this morning, will crack 12 by the bounce, crisp cloudy day here in Tassie, light breeze, no rain.

Will rug up and head down with the kids to cheer on JHF for his 50th.
Would love him to kick a few to stick I it up the morons booing him, I swear a few come to the game only for that reason.🤬

The Roos are literally giving away tickets to this game to try to get people to the game, got 4 general admission tickets through work to give away if anyone wants them

They should have on sold this game to Port.
Tasmania could have put the money to a better use.

Title needs updating, doesn't acknowledge the record breaking feat of our coach and realistically our whole club in allowing it to have occurred.

Go well Ken, hope you get stuck in Tassie.

Onto the game, we must win by 40+. If they can start like we finished last week, we should win comfortably. If we come out expecting it to happen then we could be in trouble again. Fingers crossed we're switched on and get a huge percentage boost which we desperately need with Geelong and Collingwood 1% above and 4% behind respectively. Meanwhile GWS and Melb are breathing down our necks and lead us by 4% and 2% as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that someone took Hinkley to MONA to see the infamous poo machine.

Hinkley asked how they knew it was poo being made, because, he said, “it isn’t even out yet”.

Yeah if you think our tall forwards are firing and will carry us deep in September we’ll just have to agree to disagree here.
I would also argue our small forwards aren’t firing either. Particularly given the number of inside 50s.

Whilst it would be a fitting 259th for donuts to lose, given their JHF reaction and those numpty north closer to a flag people I want us to beat them. Bad enough to move the winding up of their club ahead a few years.
But it'll probably just be an unconvincing 4 goal win.

I heard that someone took Hinkley to MONA to see the infamous poo machine.

Hinkley asked how they knew it was poo being made, because, he said, “it isn’t even out yet”.
I heard they took him to the wall of virginas and asked him which one was him.

Last edited:
I heard they took him to the wall of virginas and asked him which was was him.

I take umbrage at that. I’m quite fond of vaginas.

Carn Ports!

"North Melbourne in Hobart will be a challenge. They have a lot of enthusiasm around the ball, they have some really high picks in that team. They will challenge teams, especially around the ball." - Kenny Hinkley talking up the opposition as usual. At least he didn't say it was scary.

Hinkley to make history as the least successful coach in VFL/AFL history.
Norf to win the free kick count.
Some Norf spud to kick a career best goal tally.
Ports to win by 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back