News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI, not sure if you have seen the movie, but its an absolute great from Eastwood.

Gran Torino.
I have seen many Eastwood movies... some I like more than others. Haven't seen this one, but heard lots of good things. I picked Deaneus because he can be a grumpy old bastard when some of you cross the line and make his job harder! ;)

I have seen many Eastwood movies... some I like more than others. Haven't seen this one, but heard lots of good things. I picked Deaneus because he can be a grumpy old bastard when some of you cross the line and make his job harder! ;)
Youve probably seen Millon Dollar Baby, doubt you have seen The Mule. Its a good one. Unexpected quality movie.

Youve probably seen Millon Dollar Baby, doubt you have seen The Mule. Its a good one. Unexpected quality movie.
I watched ALL of his older movies... and disliked Unforgiven ENORMOUSLY. But of the recent (aka. since 1990) I liked In the Line of Fire, Bridges of Madison County, Absolute Power, Space Cowboys... and haven't really seen anything since then. During the COVID lockdown last year, we revisited some old movies... and I have to say, The Gauntlet (which I remember enjoying as a younger person) just bored me to tears. It definitely hasn't stood the test of time.

I watched ALL of his older movies... and disliked Unforgiven ENORMOUSLY. But of the recent (aka. since 1990) I liked In the Line of Fire, Bridges of Madison County, Absolute Power, Space Cowboys... and haven't really seen anything since then. During the COVID lockdown last year, we revisited some old movies... and I have to say, The Gauntlet (which I remember enjoying as a younger person) just bored me to tears. It definitely hasn't stood the test of time.
Unforgiven came out in 1992 and is widely regarded as one of his best (4 Oscars) - what did you not like about it?

Unforgiven came out in 1992 and is widely regarded as one of his best (4 Oscars) - what did you not like about it?

I hated Unforgiven, thought it was terrible.

Really enjoyed the Mule and his other recent ones. Mind you I have loved most of his films, the Dirty Harry series, the Sergio Leone series but Unforgiven - blarh.

It was slow, dull and extremely boring. It was only the second time I'd walked out of a movie (at the time - I've since walked out on another).

FYI, not sure if you have seen the movie, but its an absolute great from Eastwood.

Gran Torino.

Gran Torino.
Eastwood is an absolute living legend. The spagetti westerns and dirty harry movies are just fantastic. Here is a pic i found of 4 legends on a break from filming the one and only il buono, il cattivo, il brutto..enjoy

FB_IMG_1621202445950.jpg

you should watch Trouble with the Curve, also some of his best performance's have come after Space Cowboys,
Blood Work, Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino, Trouble with the Curve, The Mule,

She likes Bridges of Madison County, not surprised unforgiven was not a favorite.
Just for clarification, Bridges of Madison County is 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She likes Bridges of Madison County, not surprised unforgiven was not a favorite.
Just for clarification, Bridges of Madison County is 2 hours of my life I will never get back.
When I say I liked it... I mean, it was watchable. Unlike unforgiven. For the record, my hubby loves his movies and he also wanted to walk out.

Eastwood is an absolute living legend. The spagetti westerns and dirty harry movies are just fantastic. Here is a pic i found of 4 legends on a break from filming the one and only il buono, il cattivo, il brutto..enjoy

View attachment 1130808
Eastwood's legendary status from Dirty Harry, made the ending of Gran Torino epic and so unexpected. Pardon the pun , but it blew me away.

Watch Gran Torino or The Mule, thats how you get your two hours of your life back and then some. Quality movies.

In the Line of Fire, is a cracking movie. Really enjoyed it.

Eastwood v Malkovich.

Its like a Showdown.
I love that movie where he plays a jewel thief

I just saw “Kelly’s Heroes” on Netflix, quite good

jenny61_99 still can’t believe you didn’t like Unforgiven

i don't remember the plot at all. Huge cast from memory, Gene Hackman? I don't think I've seen any more than a few minutes of it since I saw it the first time. I don't remember thinking it walkoutable, but not convinced it was among his best. Should probably watch it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back